Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Good Sword to share

Good Sword to share

This is a very good sword in my collection that I like very much. Posting to share. The sword is well build, sturdy, good weight but you have to know how to hold a sword right to enjoy it. Many kungfu masters who hold a sword wrong like the typical wushu "hold by the guard" method will get your hands all scrached and bleeding for sure because that's not how you hold the sword right. Enjoy the sword photos!

This is sword no.1 Chun Gim.
    (Mak Jo Si, Tin Yat Lineage Taoism) A Taoism Master with 16yrs+ of experience in Taoism and as a career. Exorcism is my profession.

Chi in Nature - My Taoism Temple Website
    Taoist Master BLOG - my blog

My Kungfu Channel on Youtube

From what I've seen in your videos, you are not a sword expert. The sword you show is pretty enough, however I'm concerned about the shape of the blade, particularly at the terminal point of the half-fuller; the photo isn't great but it looks like a likely stress point and you don't want a stress-point half-way along the blade.

What forge produced the sword?

It doesn't look like an actual Longquan jian; the seven stars on the forte are not up to scratch.

I'm suspecting it's a decorative blade only.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

it said qin sword.

well it is not correct.

qin sword is much wider and longer. made out of bronze ?

it was not shiny or pointed.

--

nice stainless sword.

---

The forge mark says Longquan Zhongguo but it doesn't look like any longquan forge mark I've ever seen (and I've been to Longquan). Lots of random nobody forges with stamped steel blades carve the Longquan name into the blade, stick seven stars on the forte and call it a day.

Shanzhai wall hangers one-and-all.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.

He'll probably come back and claim to be a sword expert after your responses. And then tell you that you guys didn't learn Teh Reelz Shwordz.
    It is better to have less thunder in the mouth and more lightning in the hand. - Apache Proverb

Meh,

I've seen his videos.

His grip is so soft a baby could disarm him with a piece of dowel.

Considering that, I'm not surprised if he mistakes a pretty sword for a good sword.
    Simon McNeil

It's a style popular in the sword shops in Wu Dang village (Liuliping) I had a two handed version that I bought in 2009. They're making them more gaudy and unwieldy every year.
    To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders.
    -Patanjali Samadhi

"Not engaging in ignorance is wisdom."
    ~ Bodhi

Never miss a good chance to shut up

The sword above is great for practice as well. The sword is shorter than normal swords, but then the weight is quite nice. You can find them in Toronto too, no need to go to wudang village, haha! They can cost about $80-$150 depends where you get them. But as said, they require you to have a good grip practice to use, if not, you will hurt yourself only and scratch you hands.
    (Mak Jo Si, Tin Yat Lineage Taoism) A Taoism Master with 16yrs+ of experience in Taoism and as a career. Exorcism is my profession.

Toronto and Wudang are about the same distance from here

Not a good picture but third one from the bottom is the two handed in a similar style.
    Last edited by Lokhopkuen; 08-25-2011 at 10:06 AM.
    To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders.
    -Patanjali Samadhi

"Not engaging in ignorance is wisdom."
    ~ Bodhi

Never miss a good chance to shut up

This is another similar one to the sword above, it says "General's carry sword" on the blade. This is short like the sword above, but sturdy blade, and it feels very good in your hand. We use it for Taoism magic at our temple. These are just good because all the kungfu use swords are too long for Taoism magic sometimes, so it's nice to find these decent ones! I am happy about the sword!! Btw, great grip and very solid feeling too!

since when does taoism have majic and violence in it? am I missing something master?
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Teaching traditional Ba Bu Tang Lang (Eight Step Praying Mantis)
    Jin Gon Tzu Li Gung (Medical) Qigong
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

Something odd about this....
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Quote Originally Posted by EarthDragon View Post
    since when does taoism have majic and violence in it? am I missing something master?
    Taoism have had magic since the start of the religion. Violence? Exorcism is about killing ghosts and demons already, is that violence to you? I see it as bringing justice to the world and not violence.

With the rust on that second sword you posted pics of you might give the demons tetanus.
    Simon McNeil

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    Something odd about this....
    hahahaha
    Tom
    Integrated Kung Fu Academy
    Kung Fu - Kickboxing - MMA -Self Defense
    Media, PA -Delaware County