Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Good Sword to share

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    Just call me Rand Al'Tor....or Lan Mandragoran...
    Bwahahaha...

I wish I had a heron marked blade. Made from the One Power.
    It is better to have less thunder in the mouth and more lightning in the hand. - Apache Proverb

me too!!!
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Glorified mooseknuckle!

For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Is that Jim Jones sitting behind them?

yes it is.

Small and Bulk blade comparison, fun to try if your wrist is ready for it. The big blades are great for sword practice but they are not if your wrist is not strong enough because you don't feel you can control it well. When your wrist is strengthen up, you can use these blades do to your internal swords forms like taichi swords and they really feels great in the hand! Love the big bladeS~
    (Mak Jo Si, Tin Yat Lineage Taoism) A Taoism Master with 16yrs+ of experience in Taoism and as a career. Exorcism is my profession.

Chi in Nature - My Taoism Temple Website
    Taoist Master BLOG - my blog

My Kungfu Channel on Youtube

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    I use this sword to slay wizards
    Nice one Lucas
    To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders.
    -Patanjali Samadhi

"Not engaging in ignorance is wisdom."
    ~ Bodhi

Never miss a good chance to shut up

Quote Originally Posted by CYMac View Post
    This is another one we used in Taoism magic rituals too. It's the oldest one we bought and so I can tell you it have sustain through lots and lots of thrust too. This thing doesn't wobbles or anything, it's just as sturdy as it looks~ nice and very solid feeling! I just love the mid length swords so much.
    ROTFL!!!! That IS the SAME SWORD that I got at Shaolin and broke doing a cutting test.

If you want to see some bad sword construction unscrew the pommel nut (it's easy with that one) and remove the hilt from the tang of the blade.

I'd bet you dollars to doughnuts that you'll find the tang has been welded to the blade.
    Simon McNeil

Be on the lookout for the Black Trillium, a post-apocalyptic wuxia novel released by Brain Lag Publishing available in all major online booksellers now.
    Visit me at Simon McNeil - the Blog for thoughts on books and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonM View Post
    ROTFL!!!! That IS the SAME SWORD that I got at Shaolin and broke doing a cutting test.

If you want to see some bad sword construction unscrew the pommel nut (it's easy with that one) and remove the hilt from the tang of the blade.

I'd bet you dollars to doughnuts that you'll find the tang has been welded to the blade.
    These swords are not meant for test-cut, are you having logic or what? If you want to go test-cut, buy some damascus blades which are sharpened to do the job. Sigh.. you are like an ox listening to great piano music, waste of time.
    (Mak Jo Si, Tin Yat Lineage Taoism) A Taoism Master with 16yrs+ of experience in Taoism and as a career. Exorcism is my profession.

I'm thinking I wouldn't train at all with a blade that is welded onto a tang. Scary.

ox listening to the piano or organ.

the ox may not understand the tune

but it can sense the emotions or picking up hues or cues from people.

--

the saying means that it is useless.

--

ox never shed tears

it is almost impossible.

but

the ox that shed tears

tai shang lao jun the supreme extreme old wisement(taoist priest in the heaven)

or the wisest old gentlement

he rides the ox that shed tears

--

if ox is doing good deeds, it can become human and have emotions and cries

if it does more good deeds, it can become semi god

and goes to heaven

or gets to be ridden by the oldest (as old as the beginning of the heave and the earth) and thus the wisest man.

---

in short, ox tearing not possible, but if---

---

Okay, here is the sword disassembled, which is very typical style too, I don't see and weilding to the tang, it's a solid piece of steel from the blade to the tang and to the thread too. The blad is very sturdy, and strong as well just like I tested. Maybe you got ripped off at shaolin or something? Could be, because they are famous for rip off stuff.

I meant

you have to find the people that knows your music

or zhi yin ren.

all your music is all wasted in playing.

or to no effect.

similarly

you have to find the people that knows you or understand your thoughts and emotions.

figuratively speaking.

--

know your music and know you.

that is hard to come by

--

so is finding the ox that cries

--

Quote Originally Posted by SPJ View Post
    I meant

you have to find the people that knows your music

or zhi yin ren.

all your music is all wasted in playing.

or to no effect.

similarly

you have to find the people that knows you or understand your thoughts and emotions.

figuratively speaking.

--

know your music and know you.

that is hard to come by

--

so is finding the ox that cries

--

Don't you get the point now? People are like ox, hearing some good music out there but they don't understand it and just used their way to understand it which is already a waste of a good piece. I am not referring to "my stuff", I am referring to the swords. Swords are good, people are not using their brain to understand enjoy it the way it is supposed to be, but some acted like butchers and started to do "test cuts" with swords that are not build for the purpose.. sigh.. what a joke.

I was like that too, when I am about 18-19.. but then I realized how naive I was afterward as well. There are many good swords out there, even the bulky ones that most kungfu people will complain about their size, weight, balance.. etc. One day, if you really can master it, you will love it, and you will know why they are made that way. If you don't know, you will say they are just a wall hanger. But if you do, you will love to use them a lot.

Not all swords are for fighting and cutting, don't be so shallow. Just the design of the sword is already a piece of attraction to let you understand more skills and techniques. Swords don't need to be sharp for you to enjoy them, their deisgns can already tell you a lot and teach you a lot.
    Last edited by CYMac; 08-26-2011 at 02:08 PM.