Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Look familiar guys?

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    For me,

Inch power or short power in TCMA, in my understanding means fast acceleration within short distance. and it can be done in many ways: some with body as unity some with localization. this type of power can be evoke even after one is under the grapple's hug.

Then, it got to Bruce Lee's era where Bruce redefine it with his demo to become short distance movement of the hand. and then more definitions arise.

The clips above is not short power or inch power with reference to the IMA's fajin such as in White Crane or Xing Yi or Taiji...., it is a basic external TCMA power with some short arm positioning.
    Hey Hendrik, I'm not picking on you, but do you realize that those words mean the same thing?
    Could you be more clear in your explanation?
    Also, how do you define the difference between internal and external?
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

WHY??? why oh why??? just....WHY ?????
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    WHY??? why oh why??? just....WHY ?????
    some people like squid, some people like clams, some use spearing, or killies...
    depends on the species.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    Hey Hendrik, I'm not picking on you, but do you realize that those words mean the same thing?
    Could you be more clear in your explanation?
    For me,

1, they do not have the same meaning due to the term fast acceleration. or how is the fast the power initiated when the physical is just started to move. Twisting the waist is not fast at all, it takes time.

2, the difference between internal and external are actually mature in TCMA and very clearly define after 1800. it exist since 1600 but in 1800 it has already offically has classical writing which define it, and Xing Yi uses this 1800 classical writing. However, White Crane of Fujian which was orginate in 1650's also share the elements in their frame structure.

So, by evidents of the evolution of TCMA these things exist even thought many were not expose to these details.

Internal power generation consist of the internal Qi channeling, momentum handling in addition to the general external art's muscle and physical body. there are certain alignment differents between external and internal. While there are similar alignment between internal art for example Xing Yi from the North and White Crane from the south.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 08-26-2011 at 12:23 PM.

it is similar to a car, the initial acceleration from 0 to 60mph in how many seconds is the key. So do Short power. sure, all car spin the wheels but the engine makes it different.

one can think about internal art short power as a turbo engine. internal Qi channeling is turbo and thus it needs a different kind of frame or structure to support the turbo that is a fact not a marketing ad.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 08-26-2011 at 01:46 PM.

Yes, I think short power has been changed or relabled, most people think of it as start from short distance and end up at long distance. That is just long push, from short distance.

Short power only travels short distance, but starts at no distance.

Blog Entries
    Yes, I think short power has been changed or relabled, most people think of it as start from short distance and end up at long distance. That is just long push, from short distance.

Short power only travels short distance, but starts at no distance.
    Short Power is not meant to start out short then go long. not as i see it. we've been trained to go maybe two inches past the target no further.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    Short Power is not meant to start out short then go long. not as i see it. we've been trained to go maybe two inches past the target no further.
    Bruce Lee's demo was more of a push. The body moved backwards, thus dissipating the force.
    Most of our short power is a jolt, meaning that it impacts inside the body. The body absorbs the full impact of the strike.
    The pulse used in CPR is similar.
    Kung-Fu is like the dark side of CPR...I picture Darth Vader driving a black ambulance with the stormtrooper theme song playing out a loudspeaker, rather than a siren.....
    yeah...like that.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Blog Entries
    Most of our short power is a jolt, meaning that it impacts inside the body.
    you worded it better...but exactly.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better