Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: This is Pak Mei Master Simon Lui Long Chun

Jook Lum

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    Great vids, as always, Alex.
    I would like to see more of Lam Wing-Fei's Kwongsai Jook Lum Ji Nam Tong Long P'ai from you. Your videos are the best representatives of the style out there.
    Thanks for your comments. I will try to post more. The challenge is having a good partner to show it's essence. The gentleman I train is named Dan. He is still learning off and on.

Alex

Quote Originally Posted by Mulong View Post
    From an internal standpoint his ging is bit on the artificial side; he is simply jerking the arms whereas the ging should be coming from opening and closing of the body, i.e., spit and swallow.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdKXRIkEvtc

I totally agree,this is a fine example of over reaching IMO.However I can understand many guys would deem this pretty good.
    All the best to him.

edited - Sorry forgot to add the link of the first guy.
    Last edited by Dark Chi; 09-07-2011 at 02:02 PM. Reason: forgot to add a link

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Chi View Post
    Breathing-I believe to breath naturally Do Not force breath,let yourselves find a rhythm and that rhythm "WILL" change.

We train beyond bounderies beyond condition and beyond our limitations,I dont know how you train,but we strive for Perfection(is perfection or the strive of it a limit?)

thanks for reading

Best Wishes

Quote Originally Posted by DuKe1973 View Post
    Greeting all.
    I've posted a clip over my break time to share how I've been taught to express Pak Mei Pai using 4 energies.
    I encourage more discussion should there be questions do write to us.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqB6lOwnmCA

Alex Do
    Pak Mei Pai MN
    Very nice,however again you can see the over reaching(stretching).Fa ging would sub-due him quite easily.
    Pretty nice power never the less.

Application

I totally agree,this is a fine example of over reaching IMO.However I can understand many guys would deem this pretty good.
    All the best to him.
    Thanks for all the best. Very kind of you.
    I think what many people forget is that effective application is our guide. If one can sucessfully execute a technique and achieve proper timing, feeling, and power without feeling exhausted or getting injured, I consider is reaching the peak.

Alex Do

Thanks for all the best. Very kind of you.
    I think what many people forget is that effective application is our guide. If one can sucessfully execute a technique and achieve proper timing, feeling, and power without feeling exhausted or getting injured, I consider is reaching the peak.

Alex Do
    Intresting.Is this all Mr Duke? any spiritual journeys? Ethics? Intresting

Quote Originally Posted by Dark View Post
    Very nice,however again you can see the over reaching(stretching).Fa ging would sub-due him quite easily.
    Pretty nice power never the less.
    Sorry Mr Duke I think I've just worked out this is you?
    I don't mean to be dis-respectful,However if you keep your waist from rising what will this do?
    Your Bui is pretty much spot on but the waves or the "Fa" is way to much for my liking(sorry)

Fa ging would change your whole posture and direction and diffuse your power whether it be a bui or a lung tui punch.

Hope this helps Mr Duke

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9YcST2WN90&NR=1

I don't recall high kicks in pak mei,there is only deng gueork (stab/ward off leg)

am I missing something???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9YcST2WN90&NR=1

I don't recall high kicks in pak mei,there is only deng gueork (stab/ward off leg)

am I missing something???
    Sei Moon Baat Gwa is 4 styles in one created by Cheung Lai Chuen (JoSi).
    Sei Moon (Four doors) represents Lau Man Ga, Li Ga, Lung Ying, and Bak Mei.
    Baat Gwa (8 diagrams) represents multiple angles, daoist breathing, and the 5 daoist principles in combat.
    The tiger kicks is in the middle of that form called 3 foot tiger.

The original Pak Mei 4 forms: have ding, and and ngau/pun teui, which are low kicks.

Cheung Lai Chuen requires forms from his prior masters to be taught in conjuction with the original 4 forms: Jik Bo, Gau Bo Tui, Sup Baat Mor Kiu, and Mang Fu Chuet Lum.

Baat Gwa (8 diagrams) represents multiple angles, daoist breathing, and the 5 daoist principles in combat.

The original Pak Mei 4 forms: have ding, and and ngau/pun teui, which are low kicks.

Cheung Lai Chuen requires forms from his prior masters to be taught in conjuction with the original 4 forms: Jik Bo, Gau Bo Tui, Sup Baat Mor Kiu, and Mang Fu Chuet Lum.
    Also the forms: Sup Gee, Som Moon, Sek Si, Ying Jow Nim kiu, have a linking double jump kick at the closing of the forms called 'seung fei or lin waan tui'.

Hi Mr Duke
    Never heard of Sei moon baat gwa from CLC (I've heard of San mun ken(hak ga)but that was dropped from the main core of PM.

Sei moon= 4 doors to you maybe
    san mun = close door to me
    somehow the translation is lost or evolved either way im not familiar.

Baat gwa(bat ga ken?)I think there is definate confusion here.
    we have ma pu(horse stand/walk),tih pu(straight walk),gui pui tui(nine step push,sip bat mor(18 demons),mang fu chut lim(fierce tiger exits the forest) and umm mor(5 elements)
    I believe the confusion lies that the 5 elements are infact lost no one ever achieved this,and this form was to be said by CLC as similar to what we know is Bak gua(not a form at all)
    bat ga ken is the same a bak gua(bak gua is cantonese and bat ga ken is hak ga)

I dont know but yours seems to be the juk lim(formly of tong long not direct from PM) although I've not seen how you hold your elbows and fist. Only your strike.

sorry I cant go into lineages as I am bound even now.

thanks for reading

Also the forms: Sup Gee, Som Moon, Sek Si, Ying Jow Nim kiu, have a linking double jump kick at the closing of the forms called 'seung fei or lin waan tui'.
    I'd like to ask a question maybe it will help maybe not.

Why would we want(not need) to use high kicks?

I'm sure these came from the later.

the forms mention have no affiliation with Pak mei,not in ours should I say.

thanks for reading

To my knowledge only the Li staff was added to the Pm system(and that was common knowledge) nothing else because the other masters could not sub due CLC's hands.

thanks for reading

Those sets come from diferent systems originally indeed but now have distinct Pak Mei flavour IMO. They now contain Pak Mei principles.

My word!

been on youtube and typed in "Pak mei" my my the world has changed,didnt know so much in 10 yrs.

I feel sick tbh