Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This is Pak Mei Master Simon Lui Long Chun

Hybrid View

This is Pak Mei Master Simon Lui Long Chun

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdKXRIkEvtc

I dont know Bak Mei but in my opionion this master has very good moves so I wanted to share.

Kind regards,
    Xian

From an internal standpoint his ging is bit on the artificial side; he is simply jerking the arms whereas the ging should be coming from opening and closing of the body, i.e., spit and swallow.

I just love the guy dead asleep at his desk!
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    I just love the guy dead asleep at his desk!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He could be a master in disguise.

joy

Quote Originally Posted by Mulong View Post
    From an internal standpoint his ging is bit on the artificial side; he is simply jerking the arms whereas the ging should be coming from opening and closing of the body, i.e., spit and swallow.
    QFT - I mean, there is like almost NO thoracic / costal / pelvic movement AT ALL - even if he's 'internalized" his BM, there is still going to b the undulation / wave movement present; he's 100% shoulder down, no connection to his feet to speak of...

demos

I have seen guys do demos/vids before and leave out all elements of their ging on purpose. Maybe he just does not want to give away what he does to the general population.

FWIW

R

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBFmD...eature=related

This is my favorite youtube demo guy for Bak Mei...if you notice he starts at the 15 second mark it's like a perfect 30 second HIT Interval session. A beginner would take like a minute and a half to perform that set

Anyone who practice Pak Mei here? it would be great if some one could describe how Pak Mei generate power.

faai wah

QFT - I mean, there is like almost NO thoracic / costal / pelvic movement AT ALL - even if he's 'internalized" his BM, there is still going to b the undulation / wave movement present; he's 100% shoulder down, no connection to his feet to speak of...
    Mong ar? M tai dak ar? The first clip is Jik Bo. It's a pitty you can't see the thoracic movement in jin chui. Check out Gau Bo Tui after the whip there's quite the chum ging with the thoracic. Maybe I need to put it in slow mo your your taai gik ge ngaan.

Pardon my fierce nature, but it the spirit of the leopard and tiger speaking that I must represent.

When I practice Taiji, I may speak of snake and crane, but in this forum you will get mang fu!

Alex Do
    Pak Mei VP MN (btw- don't compare lingnam mo sut with concepts of peng, lu, ji, an...)

I read and saw the take on Bak Mei's 4 energies... totally different to how I understand Bak Mei and kung fu to be. Fau Chum is a product of chi and intent, because anyone can stand up and sit down, its just not that superficial. Tun To is something that occurs at each joint and requires no attention at all. Punch and your armpit, elbow, and wrist (for some part) open up and extend, and this is "to". Retract that punch and those joints close, this is "tun". No mystery here.

The posture is unstable and unhealthy too. Curving the back like that puts much pressure on the upper cervicals and mechanically prevents you from releasing proper force. Did Jeung Lai Cheun have posture like that? No he did not.

Thoracic movement... the forward flexion exhibited draws alot of tension to the diaphragm area mostly anteriorly, keeping chi and intent in the front when it should be in the back riding the spine. There are rotation in all strikes either from the hips or the shoulders. What is the behavior of thoracic vertebrae when there is rotation during forward flexion? Spinal mechanics, theres no argument and oh so much supporting research and evidence.

Could any videos be posted of that version of posture and motion striking a punchingbag? Im sure it will have to be modified in order to withstand the impact, but would like to be proven wrong!

soulfist,

Do you practice BM?

Thoracic movement... the forward flexion exhibited draws alot of tension to the diaphragm area mostly anteriorly, keeping chi and intent in the front when it should be in the back riding the spine.

Chi, Intent riding the spine? can one really do this?
    Could you please explain?
    Last edited by Hendrik; 08-30-2011 at 01:31 PM.

Release a bow and the bow bends.

Quote Originally Posted by soulfist View Post
    I read and saw the take on Bak Mei's 4 energies... totally different to how I understand Bak Mei and kung fu to be. Fau Chum is a product of chi and intent, because anyone can stand up and sit down, its just not that superficial. Tun To is something that occurs at each joint and requires no attention at all. Punch and your armpit, elbow, and wrist (for some part) open up and extend, and this is "to". Retract that punch and those joints close, this is "tun". No mystery here.

The posture is unstable and unhealthy too. Curving the back like that puts much pressure on the upper cervicals and mechanically prevents you from releasing proper force. Did Jeung Lai Cheun have posture like that? No he did not.

Thoracic movement... the forward flexion exhibited draws alot of tension to the diaphragm area mostly anteriorly, keeping chi and intent in the front when it should be in the back riding the spine. There are rotation in all strikes either from the hips or the shoulders. What is the behavior of thoracic vertebrae when there is rotation during forward flexion? Spinal mechanics, theres no argument and oh so much supporting research and evidence.

Could any videos be posted of that version of posture and motion striking a punchingbag? Im sure it will have to be modified in order to withstand the impact, but would like to be proven wrong!

Obviously you haven't seen Bruce Lee punch a heavy bag.... and yes Cheung Lai Chuen did punch like that. I do adjustments and thorough TCM which includes zheng gu and tui na and do not agree with your statements. My sifu has seen Cheung Lai Chuen perform up close in HK and follows the movements of his disciple Ng Yiu. I dare to object because I am a representative of Pak Mei and will demonstrate to set an example. If you think Qi intention is floating, you're wrong. Intent moves qi and qi is in every element and in every movement if applied correctly. You can even do standing zhuang for qi cultivation. When it comes down to it, body mechanics are still involved. Punches come in and the chest hollows.... keep it simple. Release a bow and the bow bends, simple as that.... faai si choy lay...

Quote Originally Posted by DuKe1973 View Post
    Pak Mei VP MN (btw- don't compare lingnam mo sut with concepts of peng, lu, ji, an...)

This is a fair statement. Taiji is not the universal fit to everything.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 08-30-2011 at 01:37 PM.

Sink the elbows, drop the shoulders motto

"Chum jaang suk bok" (sink the elbows, concave the shoulders). - Hakka kuen saying. For those who never heard this need to "faan heung ha jup ngau si..."
    If I throw you a 50 lb bag a rice, you going to catch with your shoulders up?? I'm a taiji player as well, so I'm quite surprised that you don't drop the shoulders in Tuei sau...Dropping the shoulders grounds your bridges and core as well as enhances your sensitivity to incoming force. Even in ballroom dance, you must drop the shoulders. Watch my video Jook Lum Nim Kiu (sticky bridges). Saying what it is is one thing, knowing what it's not is another..

Du Ke (Alex Do)
    Pak Mei VP Minnesota

Quote Originally Posted by Mulong View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdKXRIkEvtc

I totally agree,this is a fine example of over reaching IMO.However I can understand many guys would deem this pretty good.
    All the best to him.

edited - Sorry forgot to add the link of the first guy.
    Last edited by Dark Chi; 09-07-2011 at 02:02 PM. Reason: forgot to add a link