Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: This is Pak Mei Master Simon Lui Long Chun

This is Pak Mei Master Simon Lui Long Chun

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdKXRIkEvtc

I dont know Bak Mei but in my opionion this master has very good moves so I wanted to share.

Kind regards,
    Xian

From an internal standpoint his ging is bit on the artificial side; he is simply jerking the arms whereas the ging should be coming from opening and closing of the body, i.e., spit and swallow.

I just love the guy dead asleep at his desk!
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

Quote Originally Posted by Mulong View Post
    From an internal standpoint his ging is bit on the artificial side; he is simply jerking the arms whereas the ging should be coming from opening and closing of the body, i.e., spit and swallow.
    QFT - I mean, there is like almost NO thoracic / costal / pelvic movement AT ALL - even if he's 'internalized" his BM, there is still going to b the undulation / wave movement present; he's 100% shoulder down, no connection to his feet to speak of...

demos

I have seen guys do demos/vids before and leave out all elements of their ging on purpose. Maybe he just does not want to give away what he does to the general population.

FWIW

R

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBFmD...eature=related

This is my favorite youtube demo guy for Bak Mei...if you notice he starts at the 15 second mark it's like a perfect 30 second HIT Interval session. A beginner would take like a minute and a half to perform that set

Anyone who practice Pak Mei here? it would be great if some one could describe how Pak Mei generate power.

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    I just love the guy dead asleep at his desk!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He could be a master in disguise.

joy

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    Anyone who practice Pak Mei here? it would be great if some one could describe how Pak Mei generate power.
    Not something my Sifu would like me discussing on a public forum, sorry Hendrik. Good Pak Mei should be rooted, fluid, and powerful, I will say that much.
    -Golden Arms-

sup baht mor kiu

Diego, here is another version (although truncated) of the set you have shown. Compare the intensity between these two sifus.... that in itself will tell you something. I believe Master Chow Fook was in his 70's when he did this set (and had a prosthesis - an artificial leg).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPriM8V0tNY

If you look up sup baht mor kiu you will see a few different versions of the set about.. there seems to be a number of ways that people chose to play their Bak Mei.

R

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Arms View Post
    Not something my Sifu would like me discussing on a public forum, sorry Hendrik. Good Pak Mei should be rooted, fluid, and powerful, I will say that much.
    Understood. and Thanks.

For me, Pak Mei has its own way. So, rooted, fluid, and powerful are too general to describe it. also, Pak Mei is not Taiji and so it doesnt do those Taiji stuffs.

Not to mention lots of people doing so called Taiji using dan dien....stuffs are actually just posture which cannot generate power in reality.

The clip above, my opinion, is it is pretty good Pak Mei clip and contradict to some others I see this sifu actually is doing Pak Mei and do have the power.

the following is a Bak Mei reference of Bak Mei power type
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anLI6...eature=related
    Last edited by Hendrik; 08-29-2011 at 04:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by R View Post
    If you look up sup baht mor kiu you will see a few different versions of the set about.. there seems to be a number of ways that people chose to play their Bak Mei.

R
    Correct,

It is my understanding that a lot of how it is performed has to do with if the person was an indoor student or not, and if they learned how to use it for fighting from someone that knew how to use and teach it in that manner.
    -Golden Arms-

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    Understood. and Thanks.

For me, Pak Mei has its own way. So, rooted, fluid, and powerful are too general to describe it. also, Pak Mei is not Taiji and so it doesnt do those Taiji stuffs.

Not to mention lots of people doing so called Taiji using dan dien....stuffs are actually just posture which cannot generate power in reality.

The clip above, my opinion, is it is pretty good Pak Mei clip and contradict to some others I see this sifu actually is doing Pak Mei and do have the power.

the following is a Bak Mei reference of Bak Mei power type
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anLI6...eature=related
    You managed to find the only other clip of Master Chow Fook on YouTube LOL!!! He certainly does have intensity!!

R

Quote Originally Posted by R View Post
    You managed to find the only other clip of Master Chow Fook on YouTube LOL!!! He certainly does have intensity!!

R

I think

He is a good data point, and that is when he was young.

another good data point.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ti-INfiu7IQ

see, these are not Taiji so, it is doing it differently. as for internal, is this internal?
    Last edited by Hendrik; 08-29-2011 at 05:43 PM.

Hello R Chow Fook is one of my Sigungs I train in Vancouver Chinatown. Hendrik one of the keys to bak mei is it takes two to five years to get good at Ying Jow which has a backstepping section which is repeated a few times. I know sam mor kun one set before YJ. When you move backward you look like you are running forward most people dont show complete BM ging on youtube. You have to sprint like a tiger pounces lol