Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast

Thread: This is Pak Mei Master Simon Lui Long Chun

Quote Originally Posted by Brule View Post
    wow, very mystical postings here in the southern forum.
    Where Mr Brule ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Chi View Post
    Where are my manners how about Mr Duke or you Mr Yum Cha?

care to explain the Body,Mind and spirit? your take on it of course.
    Thank you for your kind deference, Mr Chi, but I have little to say about these things, I prefer just to listen. I have all kinds of physical experiences that I don't have words or should I say Jargon for. Its not really an issue, they happen without my conscious pursuit or anything other than my little path...they mean nothing to anybody but me, and they seem to fit into lots of different categories when people speak about them. Like an agnostic, I feel what I feel, I don't need to know or possess an understanding beyond what is.

Formally, I train some breathing, more yik gang ging than hei gung, same difference really.

As for the Tao, all things with nature, balance of good and ill, black and white, strong and weak, yang and yin, and it applies to all things. Breathing perhaps, and the comfort in knowing life and death are the same coin? Perhaps you can inspire me?
    Guangzhou Pak Mei Kung Fu School, Sydney Australia,
    Sifu Leung, Yuk Seng
    Established 1989, Glebe Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Yum Cha View Post
    Thank you for your kind deference, Mr Chi, but I have little to say about these things, I prefer just to listen. I have all kinds of physical experiences that I don't have words or should I say Jargon for. Its not really an issue, they happen without my conscious pursuit or anything other than my little path...they mean nothing to anybody but me, and they seem to fit into lots of different categories when people speak about them. Like an agnostic, I feel what I feel, I don't need to know or possess an understanding beyond what is.

Formally, I train some breathing, more yik gang ging than hei gung, same difference really.

As for the Tao, all things with nature, balance of good and ill, black and white, strong and weak, yang and yin, and it applies to all things. Breathing perhaps, and the comfort in knowing life and death are the same coin? Perhaps you can inspire me?
    nice ill just wait for alittle longer for mr duke.atleast youre honest mr yum cha.respect

nice ill just wait for alittle longer for mr duke.atleast youre honest mr yum cha.respect

Mr Duke added a nice new video of himself whipping through Ying Jow Kuen (I don't have access to youtube here, so I'm trying to remember the name of the form from memory) to his channel. Mr Duke's a baaaaaaad man. It's real cool that he's a cool person too, and him and his Sifu have opened Pak Mei up to the public. Hats off to you Mr Duke!
    I was on the metro earlier, deep in meditation, when a ruffian came over and started causing trouble. He started pushing me with his bag, steadily increasing the force until it became very annoying. When I turned to him, before I could ask him to stop, he immediately started hurling abuse like a scoundrel. I performed a basic chin na - carotid artery strike combination and sent him to sleep. The rest of my journey was very peaceful, and passersby hailed me as a hero - Warrior Man

Where Mr Brule ?
    He who asks, knows, Mr Dark.

Quote Originally Posted by Faruq View Post
    Mr Duke added a nice new video of himself whipping through Ying Jow Kuen (I don't have access to youtube here, so I'm trying to remember the name of the form from memory) to his channel. Mr Duke's a baaaaaaad man. It's real cool that he's a cool person too, and him and his Sifu have opened Pak Mei up to the public. Hats off to you Mr Duke!
    I think this is the link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-v-rfD-2n4

Yep! It's a great day to live in for learning Pak Mei Pai!

Body,Mind and Spirit.

Let me begin with,
    Sorry
    I can't wait any Longer as I'm getting messages asking me to explain and it seems Mr Duke is busy and doesn't have any interest in this subject,also I apologise for diverting this thread but I think some will get this and has a lot to do with this thread.
    Get a pencil and a sheet of paper,draw a circle this represents the mind.
    Draw another circle inside the first one this represents the Spirit,then dot a spot right in the centre and this will represent the body.

Now how does this entwine? this entwines with the help of Chi which forms the ying yang circle which I'm sure you are all familiar with,if not please google it.Each person has one of these circles that joins with other circles to create something else but we will get to that later perhaps.

Ok how does this happen?Lets start by waking up,when you wake up you can wake up groggy or half asleep and as you are waking more and more this is your Spirit/motivation driving your body to make it do things.your spirit craves for new experiences or thrilling experiences which feeds the ego making it bigger at this point fills the mind which are your experiences until you go back to sleep.Ok from sleep to wake up we call it rest,well, we all know that the mind does not switch off and the spirit never rests so what happens? We say the spirit goes out to play as the body rests and your mind joins the cosmos as you set the spirit free.
    This process continues as you live your life over and over again till our body dies.

Now to do with Kung fu?
    Kung Fu is the way we do things in life or a profession, you can have kung fu in cooking,building,football etc its how we discipline and process our daily lives.
    A person can have as many different kung fu as its to do with the intentions,so if you have bad intentions your kung fu is bad or if you are lazy then your kung fu suffers etc etc and it goes on and on I think you get the point.

With Kung fu as in here eg Pm,CLF and SPM etc it enhances our awareness therefore our circles expand and decreases throughout the day what we are doing is manipulating the ying yang till we are old or wise enough to manipulate the chi.

I think thats about it

Thanks for reading

Let me begin with,
    Sorry
    I can't wait any Longer as I'm getting messages asking me to explain and it seems Mr Duke is busy and doesn't have any interest in this subject,also I apologise for diverting this thread but I think some will get this and has a lot to do with this thread.
    Get a pencil and a sheet of paper,draw a circle this represents the mind.
    Draw another circle inside the first one this represents the Spirit,then dot a spot right in the centre and this will represent the body.

Now how does this entwine? this entwines with the help of Chi which forms the ying yang circle which I'm sure you are all familiar with,if not please google it.Each person has one of these circles that joins with other circles to create something else but we will get to that later perhaps.

Ok how does this happen?Lets start by waking up,when you wake up you can wake up groggy or half asleep and as you are waking more and more this is your Spirit/motivation driving your body to make it do things.your spirit craves for new experiences or thrilling experiences which feeds the ego making it bigger at this point fills the mind which are your experiences until you go back to sleep.Ok from sleep to wake up we call it rest,well, we all know that the mind does not switch off and the spirit never rests so what happens? We say the spirit goes out to play as the body rests and your mind joins the cosmos as you set the spirit free.
    This process continues as you live your life over and over again till our body dies.

Now to do with Kung fu?
    Kung Fu is the way we do things in life or a profession, you can have kung fu in cooking,building,football etc its how we discipline and process our daily lives.
    A person can have as many different kung fu as its to do with the intentions,so if you have bad intentions your kung fu is bad or if you are lazy then your kung fu suffers etc etc and it goes on and on I think you get the point.

With Kung fu as in here eg Pm,CLF and SPM etc it enhances our awareness therefore our circles expand and decreases throughout the day what we are doing is manipulating the ying yang till we are old or wise enough to manipulate the chi.

I think thats about it

Thanks for reading
    That's some of the deepest, realest kung fu philosophy I've ever heard in my life!!! Books and instructors all my life have made undecipherable philosophical quotes and played mental ring-around-the-rosie with us concerning martial concepts such as chi, yi...and will, intent...and the will guides the chi, or was it the intent that guides the chi, and then the will guides the intent...and inner peace this, and inner peace that. And here out of nowhere, Dark Chi Sifu drops this bomb of clear cut knowledge that explains with actual real-life examples (no mumbo-jumbo) how all this stuff works!!! Incredible!!! It'll be a sad day if you ever get bored and leave the forum. How much else has been missing of my understanding of kung fu my whole life???? Dare I say I've beeeeen deceived brothers!!! All my life unfortunately, lol...

That's some of the deepest, realest kung fu philosophy I've ever heard in my life!!! Books and instructors all my life have made undecipherable philosophical quotes and played mental ring-around-the-rosie with us concerning martial concepts such as chi, yi...and will, intent...and the will guides the chi, or was it the intent that guides the chi, and then the will guides the intent...and inner peace this, and inner peace that. And here out of nowhere, Dark Chi Sifu drops this bomb of clear cut knowledge that explains with actual real-life examples (no mumbo-jumbo) how all this stuff works!!! Incredible!!! It'll be a sad day if you ever get bored and leave the forum. How much else has been missing of my understanding of kung fu my whole life???? Dare I say I've beeeeen deceived brothers!!! All my life unfortunately, lol...
    It is only fundamental,we teach this to our 11/12 yr olds and there are much deeper teachings than these.I would like to write more but I don't think you'd get the concept.
    Last edited by Dark Chi; 09-24-2011 at 12:26 AM.

That sucks. You're probably right. Too bad you can't write a new concept for 11-12 yr olds each day and then go up to the next level until you've explained all those, and then the next, etc...

That sucks. You're probably right. Too bad you can't write a new concept for 11-12 yr olds each day and then go up to the next level until you've explained all those, and then the next, etc...
    I think you're mistaken Mr Faruq,I didn't write that concept it was passed down or gets passed down sorry to confuse you.I simply just translated it the best I could.

I think you're mistaken Mr Faruq,I didn't write that concept it was passed down or gets passed down sorry to confuse you.I simply just translated it the best I could.
    No, I meant writing these concepts that have been passed down for us like you did this concept. I've never been exposed to this knowledge before.

A young student would take the concept and converse with a family member so that he could build on it,manipulate it, then would come back to the sifu and tell him what he thought.he would either lvl up or would have to do more horse work.
    Last edited by Dark Chi; 09-25-2011 at 12:13 AM. Reason: spelling from mobile phone

I think I've figured out why Mr Duke has left this thread.I think its because he is a Christian?Nothing wrong with that,it just messes with the body mind and spirit concept.

If he is then I understand,but it won't help you to further on your PM progress,I've seen it happen again and again.....