Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: This is Pak Mei Master Simon Lui Long Chun

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Chi View Post
    I think I've figured out why Mr Duke has left this thread.I think its because he is a Christian?Nothing wrong with that,it just messes with the body mind and spirit concept.

If he is then I understand,but it won't help you to further on your PM progress,I've seen it happen again and again.....
    So you have to be Taoist to really master PM?

Opened as long as you guys behave
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

I think I've figured out why Mr Duke has left this thread.I think its because he is a Christian?Nothing wrong with that,it just messes with the body mind and spirit concept.

If he is then I understand,but it won't help you to further on your PM progress,I've seen it happen again and again.....
    Maybe he is just spending his free time with training. A oppourtunity which one might should take

Kind regards,
    Xian

Quote Originally Posted by Xian View Post
    Maybe he is just spending his free time with training. A oppourtunity which one might should take

Kind regards,
    Xian
    Well, Alex is a real cool guy. He knows Hakka, Cantonese and Mandarin. He knows SPM, and now is learning Pak Mei Pai. He's a practitioner of TCM, so he's always busy, I'm sure.

I just met Sifu Simon Lui this past weekend. Very nice and very informative gentleman. I had the pleasure of having talked about their shock power him and with one of his students that participated in our seminar.
    He came down for our Chuka SPM Sam Bo Gin seminar.
    Honor Your Sifu and You Too Shall Have Honor

Hey Chuka Sifu, thanks for having us. I look forward to seeing you and your school in future meetings. I have continued practicing the sam bo jin as best I can. I would love some feed back sometime. Peace

Quote Originally Posted by warkid View Post
    Hey Chuka Sifu, thanks for having us. I look forward to seeing you and your school in future meetings. I have continued practicing the sam bo jin as best I can. I would love some feed back sometime. Peace
    Absolutely, anytime you need any additional input I will be glad to help you.
    Honor Your Sifu and You Too Shall Have Honor

Mr. Du Ke absence from forum

Quote Originally Posted by Faruq View Post
    So you have to be Taoist to really master PM?
    I have not actually left the forum. It is called working in hospitals and clinics full-time, fatherhood, and kung fu practice which occupies my time to check these forums. Yes, I am a Christian and I do not believe that is relevant to whether or not one progresses in Pak Mei or my absence on the thread. In ancient times, Dao refers to spiritual path to enlightenment. In my case it is Christianity. Let's not confuse the meaning of a Daoist and a Shaman.

Pak mei

Taoism/Daoism refers to utilizing the philosophy of yin and yang from non physical to physical. I am a Chinese medicine doctor and I use the philosophy often... I've only read the last update so I'll have to back track threads, I'll read more during my break time throughout the week and post responses when time allows.

Not rocket science

Of course every clan will have their own distinct theory. You mention 3 of your sifus are directly from CLC hai mai ar? Sifu Ng Yiu is also a direct disciple from CLC as well as one of the earliest. I am just representing the system as I was taught.
    BaK Mei has a very distinct signature and Lung Ying has it's own as well. Both Good but in different ways. They have more of a slanted pek chuei and a shoving with a slight rise in their lom da.
    I'm not as ignorant as you may think. Chiro philosophy is different than TCM, and the fact of the matter is Qi is about guided breathe and intent. Intent guides the Qi and structure/body assists it. This is where yin and yang come into play. The imaterial and material in unison.
    Even if you were CLC, I may not agree with everything one preeches.
    I just learn and go out to test it out.
    I love combat, and am always willing to test it out.
    Use what works for you and preech to your followers.

Quote Originally Posted by Yum Cha View Post
    Soulfist, do you really think there is that much difference, considering the general variations within Pak Mei. I don't. Chow Fook has more ferocity from his Loong Ying, in my humble opinion.

Have you seen this video? It says Dragon style, but it is the Pak Mei Ying Jau Lin Que form, the exchange form from Loong Ying. Notice his waist movement...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEL_GpG15dg

and this video, again, look at the belly and waist: http://www.aaron.net.au/pak_mei/imag...kmei_ging.mpeg

I find both of those to be pretty impressive videos. Both clearly show the collapsing belly and rising extension that characterise the "swallow/spit" "rise/fall' character of Pak Mei.

And since we're getting the Pak Mei folks together, I think its important to mention that HK, Gunagzhou & Vietnam and Futsan all have slightly different evolutions.

Futsan evolved with a lot of additions from the 5th, 6th and onward generations, Guangzhou has more Loong Ying in it, and it kind of froze at the end of WWII when the masters left and the rest were chased underground by the Red Guard, and HK evolved and evolved until Grandmaster Died, adding new bits and developing a codification for the style. That's my take at least.

As for punching bags....

We punch big hand held crash bags, not swinging heavy bags. Just convenience, nothing more.

Having been on the receiving end of perhaps 100,000 punches over the years I can tell you some things about Pak Mei punching, lets look at Sut Choi for simplicity.

You can hit and drive, sure, try to sink your fist in to the wrist if you like, and yea, works a charm. But a well executed sut choi with faat ging, with half a fist of penetration, can go right through the bag and hurt me. Standard issue of blunt powerful power or sharp penetrating shock...

Additionally, rolling the shoulders a bit like that protects your jaw, and helps you cover up.

This here:

I just learn and go out to test it out.
    I love combat, and am always willing to test it out.
    Use what works for you and preech to your followers.
    Is WHAT MA is all about !!!

Well said *golf clap*

You see clearly Xian

Well, Alex is a real cool guy. He knows Hakka, Cantonese and Mandarin. He knows SPM, and now is learning Pak Mei Pai. He's a practitioner of TCM, so he's always busy, I'm sure.
    You nailed it Xian. I am quite busy. My wife is like the movie Ip Man, the more I do it, the more she shakes her head. Fatherhood, being a husband, a son, a working man, and a kung fu man is quite the task.... I am also teaching a select 5 students free of charge in my spare time because they have proven talent and dedication. My motto is quite different, "You may have 10,000 ounces of gold or good character, but I will not teach if you are not skillful to follow." Life is too short to teach 100 rabbits. I need teach only a few select lions and then see what sprouts from there......

My Channel is Jooklumfist

Mr Duke added a nice new video of himself whipping through Ying Jow Kuen (I don't have access to youtube here, so I'm trying to remember the name of the form from memory) to his channel. Mr Duke's a baaaaaaad man. It's real cool that he's a cool person too, and him and his Sifu have opened Pak Mei up to the public. Hats off to you Mr Duke!

Thank you sir. It is public yes. Grasp what you can, take what you like, disgard what you don't, enjoy as you please. Questions on variations of forms, just email me or look me up on Facebook under Alex Do.
    --------------------------------------------------------
    "Not for ego, but for the passion of it."

Ying Jow Nim Kiu

Thanks for posting my link. Very kind of you. Some schools add a gwa cheui in the front cell, but ours doesn't (could always add it). Also on backwards dragon steps the chuen and pak jeung can be interchangeable. It's whether you want to block out or in. I filmed both ways for the public see.

Quote Originally Posted by DuKe1973 View Post
    Thanks for posting my link. Very kind of you. Some schools add a gwa cheui in the front cell, but ours doesn't (could always add it). Also on backwards dragon steps the chuen and pak jeung can be interchangeable. It's whether you want to block out or in. I filmed both ways for the public see.
    Question for you Alex:
    With your background in southern systems, what are the difference and similarities between what you've studied ( Jook Lum SPM and Pak Mei) and why do you think that is?