Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: This is Pak Mei Master Simon Lui Long Chun

yt

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Chi View Post
    Mr Faruq
    It is all within,however these days all you have to do is do a few YT clips and hey! you can be a Grand Master LOL
    Or write critisism about lol.
    I am guilty of this as well...

Where are my manners how about Mr Duke or you Mr Yum Cha?

care to explain the Body,Mind and spirit? your take on it of course.
    Study the philoshy of Jing-Qi-Shen (Jing-Hei-Sun).
    "Jing is like the wax and wick, which are the substantial parts of the candle. They are made of material (yin), which is essentially condensed energy. The flame of the lit candle is likened to Yang-Qi, for this is the energetic activity of the candle, which eventually results in the burning out of the candle. The radiance given off by the flaming candle is Shen. The larger the candle and the better the quality of the wax and wick, the steadier will be its flame and the longer the candle will last. The greater and steadier the flame, the steadier the light given off and the greater the light."

My words would be "Culitvate your jing by abiding a healthy lifestyle according to nature and guide not too much yet not too little of your clear breath to keep your flame steady."

If you feel ill, become injured or your practice serves no result it simply is not the WAY/Dao.

Demystifying

Keep in mind many things in life may have Jing and Qi, but only living beings have Shen. For example in Feng Shui, we look at balancing jing to enhance the flow of the qi in objects in space; in TCM we look at balancing the Shen at the same time influencing the motion or state of Qi to bring it back into harmony. This is using yin yang.
    If you are more focused on culitivation techniques for the body and sticking to the ways of Bak Mei Dou Yun himself, then study Damo's bone-marrow classic, golden bell, & Hua Tuo's 5 frolics. There is many new ones that have evolved, but those were the ones of his time that he practiced. (So I've been told....)

I won't lie, I do not practice these daily, but just sharing the knowledge if deemed as knowledge.

Style preference

Mr Duke out of my curiosity which style out of all the many styles you have study/studying do you prefer?
    I have studied my family's style, Jook Lum Mantis, Taiji/xing yi, Bak Mei, and have scratched the surface of Wing Chun, Hung Gar and Choy Lay Fut (Currently in the works). Honestly, they all have their trademarks. I don't believe it is coincidence that each offers it's unique arsinal and tactic.

It was not intended to master the dao in one lifetime, so it takes many lives to transmit essence. "No one style is the universal key, it's up to us to see the individual colors come together to make the rainbow. Eventually when you grasp the primary colors, you'll know that mixing and matching creates shades that you've already probably seen. I'll be lucky to even see the essence of one color."

clip

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Hey dude
    I like that clip you posted of the form, nice, smooth and fluid with "ging".
    As for the short power demo clips.
    Meh...
    I don't think its possible to show short power in LIGHT sparring, kind of self-defeating know what I mean?
    The live demo was fine.
    How's training going?
    That classic clip was quite good.
    One extra strike than I do, but good demo.
    Nice to meet you as well.

I apologize if I write out of order, I've been randomly clicking threads.

Ahhh from CBL 5/6th Generation Thank you
    Classic sayings that all Bak Mei practitioners should know.
    Good post.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Arms View Post
    Dark Chi is not Lee Chun Pai.
    No evil. It's just like a scorpian, deadly if taunted.

Quote Originally Posted by DuKe1973 View Post
    No evil. It's just like a scorpian, deadly if taunted.
    Duke1973,

What are you saying here? I am not sure I understand clearly your intent.
    -Golden Arms-