Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: This is Pak Mei Master Simon Lui Long Chun

White Eyebrow generates power with its coordinates and breathing all connected to gravity going in all directions.

Quote Originally Posted by diego View Post
    Hello R Chow Fook is one of my Sigungs I train in Vancouver Chinatown. Hendrik one of the keys to bak mei is it takes two to five years to get good at Ying Jow which has a backstepping section which is repeated a few times. I know sam mor kun one set before YJ. When you move backward you look like you are running forward most people dont show complete BM ging on youtube. You have to sprint like a tiger pounces lol

Thanks Diego!

What is Ying Jow? eagle claw?

my view only, one cannot hide ging from train eyes. so even if one doesnt show it, the boundary of one's ging can be inspect via one's body frame or frame structure. similar to one could take a look at the architecture frame and predict is it earth quake ready....etc.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 08-29-2011 at 07:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TAO YIN View Post
    White Eyebrow generates power with its coordinates and breathing all connected to gravity going in all directions.
    I disagree with connected to gravity going in all directions.

for me,

PM is using six type of tensing power core with forceful breathing. it is a linear type of power as core instead of all directions. it is a "hard " type of power instead of a "resonance" type such as Chen Taiji or White Crane from Fujian...etc.
    Last edited by Hendrik; 08-29-2011 at 07:02 PM.

Hendrik,

IMO, We can't get away from gravity. It affects us every moment we breathe. If a person punches as hard as he can straight up into the air, he doesn't fly away.

The joints of the body work in unison with the breath and core, but gravity still affects how the movement ends.

IMO, Good Bak Mei works like when you put something under pressure. Once that something is under pressure for a while, it eventually explodes in all directions and falls back to the earth.

Cheers,

Quote Originally Posted by TAO YIN View Post
    Hendrik,

IMO, We can't get away from gravity. It affects us every moment we breathe. If a person punches as hard as he can straight up into the air, he doesn't fly away.

The joints of the body work in unison with the breath and core, but gravity still affects how the movement ends.

IMO, Good Bak Mei works like when you put something under pressure. Once that something is under pressure for a while, it eventually explodes in all directions and falls back to the earth.

Cheers,

For me,

How gravity play in a momentum generation is different style by style. so that cannot be generalized as Gravity affects us every moment. the question is it affects in what way?

In PM, the momentum generation is forward/backward linear type, so it cannot be explodes in all directions.

We can think as we like, but the physical boundary condition limits us. So, take a look at the youtube. look at the body frame one can predict the boundary.

also, the PM power generation is holding the hip and body joints facing forward, that makes the power a forward/back ward instead of side way. that also tell the boundary of the power generation.

and, this type of power/momentum rely big time on breathing. it is a hard qigong type of mechanics. IMO.

Nothing good or bad but different style different boundary, different strenght and weakness. as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Arms View Post
    Not something my Sifu would like me discussing on a public forum, sorry Hendrik. Good Pak Mei should be rooted, fluid, and powerful, I will say that much.
    Not being funny and not having a go but if you cant mention anything about it why bother posting at all? all you are doing is basically posting to say im not sharing what I know because it’s a secret, fine if that’s how you feel but why bother posting in the first place its just annoying lol

I wish cranky old man would comment here. Haven't heard from him in a while.

Any of you B.C. Bak Mei guys know him?
    "Look, I'm only doing me job. I have to show you how to defend yourself against fresh fruit."

For it breeds great perfection, if the practise be harder then the use. Sir Francis Bacon

the world has a surplus of self centered sh1twh0res, so anyone who extends compassion to a stranger with sincerity is alright in my book. also people who fondle road kill. those guys is ok too. GunnedDownAtrocity

Sifu Lui's Todai response.

Quote Originally Posted by Xian View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdKXRIkEvtc

I dont know Bak Mei but in my opionion this master has very good moves so I wanted to share.

Kind regards,
    Xian
    Dai Jia Hao.
    Fei chang gan xie Xian Ge.
    For those who don't know me. My name is Du Ke (Alex Do), todai of Sifu Lui. I have read through the posts as I was notified by big brother Oluf of Pak Mei Pai and have newly registered so that I may join in on the topic.
    "Jerking of the hands" is misleading to those who truly do not understand Fau, chum, tun, & tou. To be civil and I will explain and demonstrate on my youtube channel why we consider this as credible PaK Mei Pai.

1) Fau- litterally means float. It implies expansion of the limb like a crane spreading is wing and vertical extension of the spine. Most commonly seen in Biu Gee.

2) Chum- litterally means to sink. It implies concave contraction and hollowing of the chest and dropping of the lower body to center gravity. This absorbs and rides your opponent's incoming force like trying to catch a medicine ball. Commonly seen in the technique Sok Sau.

3) Tun- Litterally means to swallow. Swallowing implies whiplash contractions that redirect your opponent's bridge and their body position (down, down and left, or down and right, or sideways. Commonly seen in gawt sau (in our line is cutting down and out, some sects calle it up and out). Also seen in Chau Kuen (wrenching fist) and lap waang ging which is the famous grabbing hand of Pak mei seen in closing many forms (Sau jong).
    * Often Chum and Tun are not seperated. Just like food, you ingest it and redirect it to your stomach with contraction.

4) Tou- Literrally means to spit. Spitting implies the nature to expel like an arrow. Like throwing a rope from one land to another land over the river to to build a bridge. Commonly seen in Chuen mor kiu and Jin Chui.

"the jerking" he states is called waang ging (side power) found in Tun. Many forget the Tun and only do Chum. Take Jik Bo for example: People withraw their elbow in with only Chum, but forget hip movement spring action (tan ging). I will post another clip to keep the legacy of Cheung Lai Chuen's student Ng Yiu alive and well. I refuse to let anyone get in my way without demonstration. Please reply if any questions.

Alex Do
    Pak Mei Pai VP Minnesota

Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Sifu Liu is a credit to the Pak Mei Pai. The other lines would be wise to learn from his school and example. Those who believe they know better should visit and see for them selves the things they cannot on a video. Hey Alex, nice to see you here.

A little FYI:
    State your views, back them up with facts, links and videos whenever possible.
    Understand that not everyone will agree and sahre your views and accept that.
    Do not challenge or insinuate challenging anyone.
    Disagreement is fine and coming to the "rescue" of one's Sifu is more than acceptable.
    Just be careful how you do it and your tone.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Thanks Alex. Great job!

Quote Originally Posted by DuKe1973 View Post
    "the jerking" he states is called waang ging (side power) found in Tun. Many forget the Tun and only do Chum. Take Jik Bo for example: People withraw their elbow in with only Chum, but forget hip movement spring action (tan ging). I will post another clip to keep the legacy of Cheung Lai Chuen's student Ng Yiu alive and well. I refuse to let anyone get in my way without demonstration. Please reply if any questions.
    For me,

if one look at the thigh motion a split of second before the Jerk, one will see it is not just Jerking with arm as some think.

0.08-->0.09
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdKXRIkEvtc
    Last edited by Hendrik; 08-30-2011 at 11:32 AM.

On "jerkiness".

Greeting all.
    I've posted a clip over my break time to share how I've been taught to express Pak Mei Pai using 4 energies.
    I encourage more discussion should there be questions do write to us.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqB6lOwnmCA

Alex Do
    Pak Mei Pai MN

Quote Originally Posted by DuKe1973 View Post
    Greeting all.
    I've posted a clip over my break time to share how I've been taught to express Pak Mei Pai using 4 energies.
    I encourage more discussion should there be questions do write to us.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqB6lOwnmCA

Alex Do
    Pak Mei Pai MN

Excellent! Thanks!