Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
ur PM box is full, sir; clean house!

oh, and my response to ur last PM:
"lol @ DO's having a "few" problems - the whole profession is rife w issues, internally and externally - UK / Fr. DO's at least hav a comprehensive approach, but in the US they r all but done in terms of OMT, <2% do it - and then they gripe about PT's not being qualified (xcept Michigan State CE, they r realistic about it);of course they all hate Upledger, but hav to admit he's the reason most people r aware of cranial/OMT;
who is Singh? is he UK DC?
wife is MD (Latvia, then re-cert here) and DO (Fr);
not familiar w Mezierre, more hip to Janda / Levitt et. al. but will look into it; hav u looked at Myers / Anatomy Trains? good stuff
very much looking fwd to hearing ur views on the various injuries people post on the forum (and enjoy the many armchair-types on here as well who will offer highly specific "advice" based on no clinical information, lololol!)"
House cleaned :' S

Will answer you here in case anyone has read your comments .....

DO's vary considerably from country to country...both in their skills and their interest in co-operating with the rest of the medical community..

Simon Singh was sued by the British Chiropractic Association for saying that some of their ideas amounted to questionable practices... they were really unable to defend their position so backed off.. but not before they had every free speech science person investigating their claims, their history and their credibility... I think the advertising standards council here went after a huge number of them for mis-leading advertising on their web pages...

Mezierre pre-dated Myers et al by decades and has a solid base in Japan, Brazil, France, french Canada etc.. you might look up Postural Reconstruction or similar titles.. they have an extensive education program at the graduate level. She believed that you needed to release excess tension/tightness.. she came up with three muscular chains that are in some ways similar to the musculo-tendinous meridians in TCM. Her treatments are more like yoga than anything else.

Enough of the blather :' 0

PM me if you want to discuss any of this further :' )

R