Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What TCMA skills/techniques can we just do away with?

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    several men in a dark alley you say?

what the heck are you doing in an alley with several men who want to fight?

I try not to make a habit of entering dark places at night, but sometimes fate will entervene. When I was a young man, my slightly older brother Yim and I were out one night collecting rent money for our father and it was early night yet. We knew the area very well, and would cross into alleys to short cut to the next house or building. One night a group of men were waiting for us in a very dark place. As we approached they stepped out of the dark and demanded the sack I was carrying. I refused and they got loud and were moving toward us. We were standing at the back entrance to a small pool parlor and there was a very small light bulb burning by the back door. Yim told me to run, then slapped the light and knocked it out. It got super dark in there. Yim just moved to one side and I ran for the end of the alley. A few minutes he showed up laughing and said 2 of them had stabbed the other and might have killed him. He lived, but he almost died, and the other 2 ended up going to jail. The owner of the pool parlor came to see what the noise was and held them till the cops came.
    Jackie Lee

You know, when you stop and think about it, I really don't think you can just throw any of it away. If you have trained it for a time it will become a small part of you at the least and it can just come to you again when it is called for. Didn't explain myself well there, but if you train well and do things without actually planning or thinking about it, you just don't toss it away that easily.
    Jackie Lee