Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No earthquakes have nothing to do with plate tectonics

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Unless politics has something to do with EQ...what is the point?
    Well technically my OP was bashing a political candidate known to be mentally deficient so...

Quote Originally Posted by BJJ-Blue View Post
    From YOUR source: (Must click link to see the video featuring the full quote)

"UPDATE: 2:45 p.m. -- Patch's William Mansell has video of the actual comments that drew attention on Sunday in Sarasota. The full quote is below, and the context does suggest that Bachmann is making the comment about the hurricane and earthquake for effect, rather than to be taken literally. Nonetheless, there is a suggestion in her comment that God wants what small government conservatives want."

Maybe if Mrs Bachman had just altered data and photoshopped pics, you liberals would be defending her and her position.
    Do you know what the phrase troll bait means? Yeah, you fell for it. You're a tool. At least that other idiot in here with his conspiracy theories has an excuse, he's just mentally handicapped. You on the other hand are willfully ignorant. And you jump on every chance to illustrate it.

Still waiting...

Quote Originally Posted by SoCo KungFu View Post

Well technically my OP was bashing a political candidate known to be mentally deficient so...
    Point made.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Your basic math skills are failing you. So I'll make this simple.
    By your own graph;
    Clinton enters at 7.30% and leaves 3.90%
    Bush enters at 4.20% and leaves 7.30% (what was that BS about trickling down?)
    Oh boy.

Clinton's final 6 years he had a GOP Congress. Bush's final 2 years he had a liberal Democrat Congress. Look at when Clinton's economy got on track, and when Bush's went off track.

Obama's first month starts him at 7.80%.
    And where is it now? 9.1% And his own people are saying it won't fall below 8% before Novemember 2012. So he will have 4 full years and it only went up. That's economic failure.

And the community organizer may be the ONLY post-WWII US President to NEVER have a quarter with 4% economic growth. Even Carter wasn't that bad!

Source:
    http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/...w-ii-prez-neve

He inherited Clinton's economy. And subsequently took a **** on it
    He inherited a mess, the "dot-com" bubble had just burst. Then 9/11 happened. And through it all he maintained an unemployment average of 5.3%. That, my friend, is solid economic policies.

And btw (4.2+7.3)/2= 5.75%, not 5.3%

So yes, you are making up statistics
    LMFAO!!! I may be an uneducated buffoon, but at least I passed basic math.

To get an average, you use EVERY month, not just the first and the last. Do we calculate batting averages using the player's opening day stats and then his closing day stats only? Of course not.

You average every month Bush was President, you come up with a 5.3% average. With the community organizer, it's over 9%. And he has a year and a half to go!

Here's that link again that has every month's unemployment rate, so you can do the basic math yourself:
    http://www.miseryindex.us/urbymonth.asp

At least that other idiot in here with his conspiracy theories has an excuse, he's just mentally handicapped.
    Can any of you liberals have a discussion without calling names and resorting to personal attacks? Or am I asking too much?

Oh boy.

Clinton's final 6 years he had a GOP Congress. Bush's final 2 years he had a liberal Democrat Congress. Look at when Clinton's economy got on track, and when Bush's went off track.
    Then how is the economy Obama's fault?
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    As a mod, I don't have to explain myself to you.

Clinton is from Arkansas. You can all send me your thanks now. I take cash or credit.
    It is better to have less thunder in the mouth and more lightning in the hand. - Apache Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKiller View Post
    Then how is the economy Obama's fault?
    It's not fully his fault. But the fact that it's gotten worse his first two years is his fault. And he had a Democrat-controlled House and Senate for his first two years. And the Senate was filibuster-proof for over a year as well. And the laws he signed only made it worse, and drove up the deficit at the same time.

Democrat policies caused the 2007-2008 recession. Clinton's deregulation created the housing bubble, and Democrats led by Barney Frank and Chris Dodd refused to open Fannie and Freddy's books while swearing they were doing just fine. Bush and the GOP tried to institute MORE regulation in 2004 and were stopped by Congressional Democrats (who even resorted to using the race card to fight off new regulations).

It's not fully his fault. But the fact that it's gotten worse his first two years is his fault. .
    LOL at your logic.

Clinton's success = 100% attributable to Regan's legacy and then a Repub congress.

Bush's failures = 100% attributable to Clinton's legacy and a Democratic congress, even though Republicans were in the majority for the first 1/2 of his term.

Obama's failures = 98% his, plus 2% goes to congress right up until Republicans gained more seats, then it's 100% Obama after that.
    Last edited by MasterKiller; 09-01-2011 at 10:33 AM.
    He most honors my style who learns under it to destroy the teacher. -- Walt Whitman

LOL at your logic.

Clinton's success = 100% attributable to Regan's legacy and then a Repub congress.
    I'm laughing at you once again putting words in my mouth. I never gave Reagan credit for Clinton's policies. Never. Matter of fact, GHW Bush went away from some of them so they were not fully in effect by the time Clinton was President.

But he did change his economic policies after the 1994 elections. You do know what the term "triangulation" is, right?

Bush's failures = 100% attributable to Clinton's legacy and a Democratic congress.
    I didn't say that as you put it.

I said the housing bubble was caused by Democrat policies and Clinton's deregulation. That is true. But Bush did spend too much, and I've blamed him for that in the past. And you know that. And that is his fault. FYI, I'm also against campaign finance reform law(s) he signed into law as well. You won't see me say Bush was perfect, but the community organizer does make him look like an economic genuis.

And again, Bush was not a failure. 5% unemployment when you come into office facing a possible recession, then have 9/11 happen, is pretty good leadership if you ask me.

Obama's failures = 98% his, plus 2% goes to congress right up until Republicans gained more seats, then it's 100% Obama after that.
    His failures are 100% his. Not ONE policy that he enacted those first two years was a success. Not one. Of course if I'm wrong, feel free to correct me.

As to the economy now, you can't blame the GOP. Not one of their bills that passed the House was signed into law as they passed it. They were either vetoed by the community organizer, didn't make it through the Senate, or were changed before being passing Congress and signed into law. So you can't blame the Party that has one chamber of Congress when the other has the White House and the other chamber of Congress. If we get a Republican President and GOP control of both chambers of Congress and they make things worse, I'll call them on it. I won't sit here and make excuses for them for 2.5 years+.

His failures are 100% his.
    Quote Originally Posted by BJJ-Blue
    It's not fully his fault.
    More 1Bad logic....

Can we try and stay on topic?

More 1Bad logic....
    Put my full quote up.

What does this have to do with Michelle Bachman's revisionist history of how slavery brought blacks and whites together in a culture of mutual respect?