Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Back home in Atlanta, GA, USA, after living in Singapore
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardwork108 View Post
    May I ask if you experienced this during your time
    there?
    Hello and howdy HW.
    Yup - it's not just Bai He. Chin Woo even gave me a ****ens of a time! I found only one BSL guy in the whole joint (not including styles of same name but completely different content).

Yeah in Singapore, MY & Thailand (referring only to tcma schools here - I know nothing really bout other than), the Chinese are usually still a bit in the 1910's and earlier...if you know what I mean.

Guy from America = $$$ and if not, then he is untruthful and shady and best to avoid because we know the truth of ppl in usa = millionaire regardless...
    That is the thought process MOST of the time in SEA. It sux. But if and when and how you get into something - it's genuine. Maybe not great all the time, but at least genuine. There are a couple of ppl here on this board who knew me when I lived down there who can vouch.
    Yes, "Northwind" is my internet alias used for years that has lots to do with my main style, as well as other lil cool things - it just works. Wanna know my name? Ask me

http://www.pathsatlanta.org

Quote Originally Posted by Northwind View Post
    Hello and howdy HW.
    Yup - it's not just Bai He. Chin Woo even gave me a ****ens of a time! I found only one BSL guy in the whole joint (not including styles of same name but completely different content).

Yeah in Singapore, MY & Thailand (referring only to tcma schools here - I know nothing really bout other than), the Chinese are usually still a bit in the 1910's and earlier...if you know what I mean.

Guy from America = $$$ and if not, then he is untruthful and shady and best to avoid because we know the truth of ppl in usa = millionaire regardless...
    That is the thought process MOST of the time in SEA. It sux. But if and when and how you get into something - it's genuine. Maybe not great all the time, but at least genuine. There are a couple of ppl here on this board who knew me when I lived down there who can vouch.
    Hey there Northwind,

Thank you for your reply and your perspective. I guess once you get throught the ¨smoke screen¨ and maze, you have a good chance of getting genuine tuition, so I guess one must appreciate the plus side.

Personally speaking, if I was not married, I would probably travel to the Far East to train for some years. My destination would more likely be Hong Kong because that is where the HQ of the Chow Gar school I am a member of is located, but I have heard about high quality kung fu schools in other styles, located in Singapore.

Thanks again.