Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Da Hong Quan

funny, our links are same address...why wont mine work. PFFFTTT stupid intronet
    A man has only one death. That death may be as weighty as Mt. Tai, or it may be as light as a goose feather. It all depends upon the way he uses it....
    ~Sima Qian

Master pain, or pain will master you.
    ~PangQuan

"Just do your practice. Who cares if someone else's practice is not traditional, or even fake? What does that have to do with you?"
    ~Gene "The Crotch Master" Ching

You know you want to click me!!

Nope, thats not the one.

I know what form is being talked about, and it looks entirely different than the da hong Quan that most people are familiar with. The movements and the twisting of the body tog et power are much similar in the Da Hogn Quan that this guy on here is lokoing for than the other one. Way i understand it, its a slightly older form than the more popular one. I have not been able to find any videos of this form, nor any documents. I do, however, know that Shi De Shan knows it. One of his students demonstrated it for me when I was over at his school for a weekend. there's also a few other monks in the US that probably know it. I also know shi DeCheng knows it. PM me for more information, Ricky.
    Last edited by DoGcHoW108; 07-25-2005 at 05:18 PM.

shi de shan usually does the one shown in the video......
    i wonder which da hong u are talking about....
    one of his student demonstrated another da hong form in the competition at taiji legacy dis past weekend..he was a lil kid wearing a red wushu uniform..he did another version of da hung..dont know if u saw it...was that the other form u talking about?
    those are the only two sets of da hung i know of and seen

nice meeting u too at the competition....did u compete?

o i just saw the slide show on russbo.com

ya that the other da hung form....ya there was plenty of dat *da hung* form going on at the taiji legacy..i know one of de shan student(he learned it frm yan feng orignally though) did dat form..and i believed we had 2 kids doing that form also

hmm this is funnie though...i always thought this version (http://x.russbo.com:16080/vb/showthread.php?t=89) was the newer modern version ...hmmmmm guess i was wrong......

I didn't see anyone do Da hong Quan from Shi De Shan's school- after I saw one of his students do (a totally pathetic and short version of) xiao hong quan, i gave up watching the traditional section. It actually kind of ****ed me off. I did, however, sneak a peak to see you do your form. I'd have to say it was probably the best anyone there did, and I hope the judges had the spine to award someone for power, balance and speed rather than how much you resemble a backstreet boy. What form was it?

But no, i dont think anyone did this version of Da Hong Quan at the tourney- its not tournament material as there are not as much big movements and/or jumps. What it does have a lot of, if you can imagine the single palm thrusts in xiao hong Quan, but instead of the palm facing out on the thrust, it is twisted and facing upward kind of like a peircing technique, and the arm that is at the waist in the palm thrusts is pulling downwards (and kinda backwards) with a crane-beak type thing. lots of that kind of stuff, and the last part of the form quite literally looks like certain parts of Xiao Hong Quan. One sec, lemme see if I can find a link to this slideshow that russbo.com has...

ok, no direct link that i can find, but heres how to get to it. go to www.russbo.com. you have to be registered to see the video's/slideshows i thin, so go ahead and do that if you haven't. go then to the forum/library, go to the section labelled libraried and restricted areas, then go to slideshow library, you can actually there just click on shaolin gong fu, go to the one labelled Da Hong Quan.

good luck, and take a look let me know if this is what you are tlakign about.

PS, PK, it was nice meeting you too. i didnt compete because i dont believe in forms competition- kinda...

DC

i did post the exact link..i saw the slideshow already..read my 2nd post..it has the link to it

one student frm de shan school did it..and one student frm yan feng school did it....the kid who did it at de shan school was dressed in red....i know atleast oen of our students did it..i tink 2..but not sure..i knw one did..(yan feng school was in yellow)
    the forms start off standing straight..and then two hands push straight out..and then turn to shi bu..ad then follow wit kick stab..kick and some more kicks and then jump kick gung bo push..and then face forward back into mabu hands kind out to the side bottom...and then hands go to top and step to the side and push push push..and the forms continues as this is getting hard to explain..lolz...
    and yes trust me i know two atleast two people competed in this form...i have the video..and watched it...u welcome to watch it too if uc ome to houston..=)

hmmm u saw me do a form..well i did a lot forms...hands or weapons??i sucked so bad at this competition..i wasnt prepared...i was too tired and no endurance..lost power at the end of my forms....yepz..=(

i resemmbled a backstreet boy??huh??how u come up wit that conclusion?lolz very curious(im not offended)

Nice. Someone knows what I'm talking about. Dogchow. You have more info on it or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Pk_StyLeZ
    i did post the exact link..i saw the slideshow already..read my 2nd post..it has the link to it
    yea, sorry about that, i was in the middle of writing my post when my e-mail popped up that u posted another one. I was at the end of it so i figured id post it anyway.

one student frm de shan school did it..and one student frm yan feng school did it....the kid who did it at de shan school was dressed in red....i know atleast oen of our students did it..i tink 2..but not sure..i knw one did..(yan feng school was in yellow)
    the forms start off standing straight..and then two hands push straight out..and then turn to shi bu..ad then follow wit kick stab..kick and some more kicks and then jump kick gung bo push..and then face forward back into mabu hands kind out to the side bottom...and then hands go to top and step to the side and push push push..and the forms continues as this is getting hard to explain..lolz...
    and yes trust me i know two atleast two people competed in this form...i have the video..and watched it...u welcome to watch it too if uc ome to houston..=)
    Ok, yea seems that we're on the same page then.

Hmm, i saw a kid from DeShan's school do the abridged Xiao Hong Quan. not sure if it was one of De Shan's kids, but i think it was. the guy just did it terrible tho, no foundation, no power, the kid couldnt go two consecutive moves without losing balance and almost falling. Oh well, people i guess do the stuff for different reasons. I know for a fact tho it was kind of a teen-age kid or something in a shiny red uniform, and im sure it was XHQ (the short version).
    That said, tho, and as i said before i gave up watching the traditional northern altogether so its entirely possible the form was slipped under my nose and i didnt notice it. probably was.
    If (when, really) im in houston ill let u know before i come, u seem like a cool cat. also i talked to one of Xing Ying's students who lives in the Austin area. heard some good stuff about the guy, i think i might come check out the school altogether. My friends and i were so wanting him to be in the master's demo soooo bad but i guess he hurt his foot or something the night before? Either way, i used to live in the city so theres always some excuse or other for me to come down there.

hmmm u saw me do a form..well i did a lot forms...hands or weapons??i sucked so bad at this competition..i wasnt prepared...i was too tired and no endurance..lost power at the end of my forms....yepz..=(

i resemmbled a backstreet boy??huh??how u come up wit that conclusion?lolz very curious (im not offended)
    Saw you do a hand form, which i actually didnt really recognize- what was that? And you're right, it wasnt as good as the videos i saw of you in Hoboken, but hey we have ups and downs right? Either way, better than I can do plus I can appreciate someone who seems to put attention into the actual Shaolin part of their curriculum. which brings me to my comment about backstreet boys- i was in no way referring to you. but thats an entire other story anyway

Sorry if i seemed arrogant-

DC

PS- i just realized that Coors Light is 12 ounces of liquid ass.

ah crap i jus wrote a bunch and accidently deleted it..great...

well the first hand form i did..was a mixed form..the beginning was kung fu chang..and the end was the last 3/4 quart of the original shao hung chang...my original plan was to do kung fu chang and end it wit the abridge/short version of shao hung chang so i wouldnt use so much energy and be tired for my next event which was coming soon....but my body jus went with the flow and i ended up doing the long version(btw i never practice the long version that much too lolz)..so ya afteri was done..in like 3-5 mins i was up again and had to do another hand form..which was gui ding chang....the new shaolin competition compulsory(sp?)...i didnt even finish the form i was so tired..i stil had like 10 more moves to do..but i jus ended it short..i was too tired and wore out..i was losing power and i could feel it so i jus ended it before it became very noticeable and lost lots of points for it..so ya so i ended it(came out i got 3rd for it..=(... )
    seriously..i havnt been trainin as hard as i did for the hoboken tournyment...i jus started college 2004 fall semester..and spent more time workin also and going out enjoying my life outside of kung fu..so i lost a lot of trainin time and skipped training a lot also..so ya i didnt improve much or any at all...dat why my forms wasnt as good as before...o wellz..there always a next time...or is there??lolz

but ya...wen u come out to houston..let me know..i show u around the school and all..jus holla

and thank you for ur comment bout my form...glad u enjoyed it..=)

-pk
    www.shaolin-jingwu.com
    ^full update coming soon as soon as i gather pics for this year taiji legacy
    sorry i been behind and having comptuer problems also..so not much update on it

o back on topic....

i also know this da hong form that ricky is talking about..well i dont know it in great details..but sifu did teach it to me in a quick 15 mins session..but after that..i never really practiced it again..but i stil kind of rem it but forgot some transaction between some moves but i can pick it up again if i watch it

i found a clip of da hung chang we are talking about
    sorry it isnt beign performed by the best person though...it was one of students back then and he was a little kid so dont expect much =)
    but its pretty good i say

http://www.shaolin-jingwu.com/video/alexdh.wmv

=)
    enjoy

That looked like an abridged version of the form, like the 24 movement Xiao Hong Quan. Pretty cool anyway. I've seen that kid before. Thanks for the link.

http://plumpub.com/sales/vcd2/coll_shaolin9.htm

This is the form you are talking about. I'm sure of it. If you get this monks demo you can see the form. He doesn't even demo the other form.

Are there spinning outside crescent kicks in the form or inside? It looks like outside in the slideshow. But in the video the kid did an inside crescent.

hmmm i never watched the full slideshow..as it moves tooo slow..and the pictures and transition are too spread out..the moves can be anything in between

sorry if i sent u an abridge version..that is the only version i know of and seen..and i only saw the first part of the slide show and it seemed very similar so i jus posted that video link for u

maybe when i am not lz i will view the whole slide show