Thread: Because I'm bored

Because I'm bored

Still waiting 1bad

Quote Originally Posted by SoCo KungFu View Post
    Its kinda funny how you constantly spam old threads at DJ demanding answers yet you can't even read/respond to 1 climate science article. One which YOU asked for btw. One that if you had actually done the search yourself, you'd have seen its the first ping in google scholar. Just saying.

And since the other thread got closed, Yeah i made a stupid on the average. That's what happens when you've sat in physiology lab all day. Its time for beer. Doesn't change it though. Clinton and Bush's averages are similar. But Bushes went the wrong direction. And if your argument is that he inherited the dot com burst, then my argument for Obama is that he inherited 2 illegal wars that were underhandedly kept out the budget and rebuilding an infrastructure still recovering from Katrina despite the fact the govt withheld all those funds donated by other nations.
    Last edited by SoCo KungFu; 09-01-2011 at 12:04 PM.

Repeat the question please. I'll then do my best to answer it.

And FYI, I'm not demanding answers from Jamieson. I do keep pointing out a false statement he made, yes. I also told him I'll stop once he admits that statement was incorrect. He still stands by it, so of course I'll bring it up in any political/economics thread he posts in so people can see his complete ignorance involving American economics/politics.

And since the other thread got closed, Yeah i made a stupid on the average. That's what happens when you've sat in physiology lab all day. Its time for beer. Doesn't change it though. Clinton and Bush's averages are similar.
    Fair enough. It takes balls to admit mistakes. Props to ya man. And it's no biggy, we all make mistakes, except Jamieson.

And if your argument is that he inherited the dot com burst, then my argument for Obama is that he inherited 2 illegal wars that were underhandedly kept out the budget and rebuilding an infrastructure still recovering from Katrina despite the fact the govt withheld all those funds donated by other nations.
    Partly true.

The wars are not "illegal". Their funding was approved both by Democrat and Republican Congresses, and the Iraq war was UN approved. Hardly illegal.

I'm not sure about your Katrina assertions, I'd have to research it or ask you to post a link. All I know about Katrina was that Bush guided the hurricane into the 9th Ward because he hated black people.

Quote Originally Posted by BJJ-Blue View Post

And FYI, I'm not demanding answers from Jamieson. I do keep pointing out a false statement he made, yes. I also told him I'll stop once he admits that statement was incorrect. He still stands by it, so of course I'll bring it up in any political/economics thread he posts in so people can see his complete ignorance involving American economics/politics.
    It wasn't my question to repeat. Its my reply to YOUR thread. You requested an article. I provided one. To which your reply was a convenient "I can't read it at work but I'll try at home." Since then I've climbed a volcano in a thunderstorm, consummated my victory over nature with a banging Latin woman and started a new semester. It took me all of 30 minutes to read the article. An hour if I count background checking some of the data.

Man, you gotta refresh me. I don't recall the thread, and even if I did I'd have to go and re-read it. And honestly, that article is likely well beyond me. I just need a quick synopsis.

I'll say this about global warming, maybe it will answer your question. At the least, you will see where I'm coming from.

It's a hoax. You have 'researchers' admitting they altered and deleted data. I don't work in meteorology or earth sciences, etc, but I do gather, analyze, and pass on data at my job. If I were to ever throw out or alter data, I'd be fired in a heartbeat. The data is what it is, whether it backs up or refutes your theory. Global warming advocates have been caught photoshopping pics. And Al Gore's movie was full of errors and falsehoods. Hell, just recently Al Gore equated global warming skeptics to racists. If you have facts and science on your side, you dont need to alter/throw out data, photoshop pics, ie invent data, nor call your opposition racists. If science is on your side, all you have to do is present the data (which will agree with you) and your case will have been made.

Hope that helps.

I'm not sure about your Katrina assertions, I'd have to research it or ask you to post a link. All I know about Katrina was that Bush guided the hurricane into the 9th Ward because he hated black people.
    I'm looking for the link that makes the direct claim with interviews. Its in all the old crap so its taking a while. The rest you can find pretty easily but they beat around the bush about who and why the money never got out. Essentially the gist is no one in local, state or federal were on the same page and a ton of foreign aid in both money and supplies such as oil were held up in red tape. And rather than work it out, the govt decided to just drop the issue and redirect the funds to other uses and swept it under the rug.

I'm looking for the link that makes the direct claim with interviews. Its in all the old crap so its taking a while. The rest you can find pretty easily but they beat around the bush about who and why the money never got out. Essentially the gist is no one in local, state or federal were on the same page and a ton of foreign aid in both money and supplies such as oil were held up in red tape. And rather than work it out, the govt decided to just drop the issue and redirect the funds to other uses and swept it under the rug.
    Not to be a ****, but we both should agree we need more info about this. And I'd hope with info this vauge, you can't really blame Bush for it.

Maybe FEMA was the problem you're thinking of. Ron Paul is for abolishing it, and he specifically said it got in the way of State and local efforts during Katrina. You did mention "red tape", and that was one of Congressman Paul's points/complaints about FEMA.

Why don't you just click the little arrow next to your name in SoCo KungFu's original post? That will give you the full context of his link.
    1bad65, you make me laugh. Dare I say it? You seem to be suffering from ODS (Obama Derangement Syndrome).

"I didn't vote for him but he's my president, and I hope he does a good job." - John Wayne

Clearly you want President Obama to fail, or else you wouldn't bring up every little thing you can to try and discredit him and his Administration. You seems to be actively hoping for failure.

Perhaps you can take a lesson from The Duke.

My favorite is when BJJ argued that the modern Japanese, WWII Japanese, and Saudis were morally better people than depression era Americans.

Quote Originally Posted by Reality_Check View Post
    Why don't you just click the little arrow next to your name in SoCo KungFu's original post? That will give you the full context of his link.
    I believe my earlier explanation on the issue suited him just fine. HE didn't ask for more info, etc, YOU did.

This is an A and B conversation, C yourself out of it. jk, btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    My favorite is when BJJ argued that the modern Japanese, WWII Japanese, and Saudis were morally better people than depression era Americans.
    I did? That's news to me.

FYI, imo not too many people were worse morally than the WWII Japanese were. They did things even the Nazis didn't do.

I believe my earlier explanation on the issue suited him just fine. HE didn't ask for more info, etc, YOU did.

This is an A and B conversation, C yourself out of it. jk, btw.
    Actually, the thread was derailed by some Katrina discussion. You never did address his original post:

Still waiting 1bad

Its kinda funny how you constantly spam old threads at DJ demanding answers yet you can't even read/respond to 1 climate science article. One which YOU asked for btw. One that if you had actually done the search yourself, you'd have seen its the first ping in google scholar. Just saying.
    It wasn't my question to repeat. Its my reply to YOUR thread. You requested an article. I provided one. To which your reply was a convenient "I can't read it at work but I'll try at home." Since then I've climbed a volcano in a thunderstorm, consummated my victory over nature with a banging Latin woman and started a new semester. It took me all of 30 minutes to read the article. An hour if I count background checking some of the data.
    Man, you gotta refresh me. I don't recall the thread, and even if I did I'd have to go and re-read it. And honestly, that article is likely well beyond me. I just need a quick synopsis.
    So, why don't you go read the referenced thread and then address his point (which he has brought up in other threads). One might think you were ducking the questions (a la Sifu Abel).
    Last edited by Reality_Check; 09-01-2011 at 02:35 PM.
    1bad65, you make me laugh. Dare I say it? You seem to be suffering from ODS (Obama Derangement Syndrome).

"I didn't vote for him but he's my president, and I hope he does a good job." - John Wayne

Clearly you want President Obama to fail, or else you wouldn't bring up every little thing you can to try and discredit him and his Administration. You seems to be actively hoping for failure.

Perhaps you can take a lesson from The Duke.

You never did address his original post:
    I said that my answer might answer his question. And he did not ask again. If it's good enough for him, isn't that all that matters. Hell, I even admitted the article was "likely well beyond me".

Are you stirring the pot?

One might think you were ducking the questions (a la Sifu Abel).
    Actually, he ducked fights.

Not to be a ****, but we both should agree we need more info about this. And I'd hope with info this vauge, you can't really blame Bush for it.

Maybe FEMA was the problem you're thinking of. Ron Paul is for abolishing it, and he specifically said it got in the way of State and local efforts during Katrina. You did mention "red tape", and that was one of Congressman Paul's points/complaints about FEMA.
    I didn't blame Bush, Kanye did. I simply said Obama inherited the after effects. And then a 2nd shot with Deep Horizon. An entire region and multiple industries with people whose jobs may never return.

I haven't been responding because I stuck doing things of a productive nature. Essentially you asked for an article of greater than 5 years in which addresses issues of climate change and the effects of atmospheric sulfur concentrations. This article addresses those issues, is over a decade old and even goes further to discuss the effects of the 1970 clean air act and how it pertains to this topic as well as illustrating how the shading effects of sulfur emissions are short lived. And the part I thought you would be most interested in, makes predictions as to future rate of heating given current emission rates, growth rates, aerosol deterioration rates, etc.

I didn't blame Bush, Kanye did. I simply said Obama inherited the after effects. And then a 2nd shot with Deep Horizon. An entire region and multiple industries with people whose jobs may never return.
    He inherited a mess, no doubt. We can argue about the causes, but let's just agree where we can. For whatever reason(s), a mess was created and he inherited it.

But it's only gotten worse under him! And NOT ONE economic policy he's tried has worked as he said it would. NOT ONE. Cash for Clunkers failed. We were told we would make money on the GM bailout, we lost money on it. We were told we would make money on the Chrysler bailout, we lost money on that one too. We were told if we passed the stimulus bill he proposed, unemployment would not go over 8%. It's only been under 8% one month, and that was his first month in office! That's abject failure. And if you say it isn't, what is?!?!

You're a smart, educated guy and you research issues very well, can you name ONE economic policy he's enacted that worked as he said it would?

PS: Please start a new thread on the sulfer topic, please. I'm really not being a jerk, I swear. Your last post refreshed my memory (and maybe the weed I just smoked helped too). I can now discuss it, but want to keep this thread one issue, and start a new one from that. Since I now remember more and you want to discuss it, odds are it will get long , and two long issues in one thread I'd like to avoid. And thanks man, I swear I'm not being a jerk, messing with you or the mods, or anyone.