Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Gordon Liu hospitalized

That sucks...been wondering what was going on with him. Thanks for the update Jimbo, wish the news could have been better.

according to a friend in hong kong.. the paper there says he isnt missing..he just isnt speaking to his son.

guess he is alive, the HKPD contacted the son to let him know. According to this article

Quote Originally Posted by doug maverick View Post
    according to a friend in hong kong.. the paper there says he isnt missing..he just isnt speaking to his son.
    Geez. Not sure which article is more sad.
    It is better to have less thunder in the mouth and more lightning in the hand. - Apache Proverb

Strokes are always sad

Here's our thread about when Gordon Liu had his stroke: Gordon Liu hospitalized
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Well, at least he is alright. He has simply named a new guardian and was not in any danger.

Well, not good news, but it's certainly better news. Good to know.

Poor Gordon

What a terrible outcome. Kudos to Jayne Stars for staying on this story.
    Gordon Liu May Sell Home to Pay Hospital Bills
    By Addy on April 13, 2013

Above: Gordon Liu with legal guardian, Amy Fan.

Martial arts actor, Gordon Liu (劉家輝), may have to sell his home in order to pay for his hospital bills.

Financial woes and family disagreements plagued the 57-year-old action star after he suffered a stroke in August 2011. Believing that his family only had eyes on his fortune, Gordon refused to see his wife and two children. Gordon’s former assistant, Eva Fung, also refused to return his 2 million RMB film remunerations that were left in her prior care.

The stroke, which struck the left side of Gordon’s brain, affected his language abilities and his mobility on the right side of his body. Gordon initially stayed at a sanatorium and had the strength to walk and play simple physical games. However, the outbreak of his family drama took a toll on Gordon’s health and he now has to stay hospitalized in bed. Gordon’s hospital bills cost $100,000 HKD per month.

In an interview, Gordon’s current assistant and guardian, Amy Fan (樊亦敏), revealed that Gordon may have to sell his own home to pay for his medical bills. She also disclosed that Gordon had already made a will, which was witnessed by both Amy and his lawyer.

“Gordon chose me to be his consignor because Eva used to be my assistant, so I was very familiar with Gordon’s situation. Before, there were a lot of contractual problems and Eva couldn’t handle it all. I was the one who helped out. Gordon has already arranged everything that needed to be handed down under the presence of his lawyer. I am just a witness and I will not get any benefits. I’ve been a fan of Gordon since I was very young, and I think I am doing the right thing by helping him out.”

Amy told Sudden Weekly that Gordon already used up most of his saving and has to partially rely on his social security disability benefits. With Eva still refusing to return Gordon his remunerations, Gordon may be forced to sell his 800-square-feet flat on Caine Road. Gordon purchased the property for $1 million HKD in 1992; the current market price has risen to $8 million HKD. According to the reports, Gordon’s two children – Kris and Sonia – still reside in the flat.

Amy admitted, “Gordon will not rule out the possibility of selling the flat or mortgage it to the bank. His family and children all say that they don’t have the ability to take care of him.”

She added coldly that out of Gordon’s family, only his elder sister Theresa and niece would pay visits to Gordon and show concern for his health. The rest of his family only had eyes on his money.

With the support of Amy and close friends, Gordon is slowly recovering. When the press paid him a visit, he smiled and made a ‘victory’ sign hand gesture.
    Gordon Liu Clarifies Rumors in Exclusive Interview
    By Katrine on April 15, 2013

Since a stroke left him wheelchair-bound in 2011, Gordon Liu (劉家輝) has been battling family discord and financial troubles in the public spotlight. Rumors afloat that Gordon’s wife and children are eyeing his money and that his former assistant Eva Fung is also refusing to return his cash assets worth millions (HKD). At the end of 2012, Gordon made a sudden decision to appoint close friend Amy Fan (樊亦敏) as his guardian. Amy has since served as Gordon’s spokesperson and delegated his assets to pay for his increasingly expensive medical bills.

On Monday, Amy invited Ming Pao to a sit-down interview with Gordon to clarify rumors once and for all. Amy stated that this will be Gordon’s last public interview as he wishes to quietly recuperate. Gordon was quiet nervous the night before, but agreed to the interview for the sake of his friends and fans who are worried about his well-being.

Gordon accepted the interview at his private hospital room, accompanied by Amy and his psychiatrist. He appeared frail and seemed to have lost weight dramatically, weighing only 120 pounds. Gordon was in good spirits when reporters arrived, asking to eat when he saw cake and smiled when posing for photos. Amy was attentive by his side, making conversation while filing his nails.

Gordon became nervous however when reporters attempted to begin the interview. He repeatedly asked to change his incontinence pads to force reporters out of his room. Gordon eventually calmed down when reporters removed the cameras. Due to his speech difficulties, Gordon responded to questions mostly by shaking and nodding his head.

During the interview, Gordon expressed that he is happy. He admitted that it was his personal decision to appoint Amy as his guardian and he is happy under her care. He wants Eva to return his money, and wishes to see his relatives and niece his niece.

When asked if he would like to see his wife and two children from his second marriage, Gordon suddenly frowned and signaled for the reporters to leave. Although Amy and his psychiatrist both tried to comfort him, Gordon decided to end the interview and waved goodbye.

Reporters also reached out to Eva on Tuesday regarding Gordon’s comments. Eva stated she will speak when the timing is right.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

That's terrible. I'm sorry to hear that, especially about someone who's work has given me a great deal of entertainment over the years.
    BreakProof Back® Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

money grubbing biznatches....they need to get masterkilled

I hope he makes a decent recovery, he's been an inspiration to a lot of people...
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

I wish the best for him.

Unfortunately, sometimes it's situations like these that reveal some people's true natures.

I join everyone in wishing Mr. Liu a quick recovery.

Amy Fan

I'm not sure who Amy Fan is. I've turned up two actresses by that name - Fan Yik-Man (樊亦敏).

Gordon Liu in dire straits after stroke
    POSTED: 18 Apr 2013 2:08 PM

Hong Kong veteran action star Gordon Liu appeared frail and skinny, when he met the Hong Kong media to clear the air regarding the many rumours that surround his current condition.

HONG KONG: Hong Kong veteran action star Gordon Liu, who suffered a stroke in 2011 that paralysed the right side of his body, and was hospitalised since January this year for severe cramps, recently cleared the air regarding the numerous reports about him and his estranged family, reported Hong Kong media.

Although there were rumours that he had died, Liu is very much alive, though his health has deteriorated since his stroke.

The 57-year-old actor appeared frail, skinny and had sunken cheeks when he met with Hong Kong media at the hospital where he is receiving treatment.

He now weighed just 54kg, required constant care and found it difficult to speak, resorting to nodding and shaking his head to answer questions.

However, Liu is in relatively good spirits, and managed to express that he hopes his former guardian, Eva Fung, who has refused to return his savings, which he had earlier entrusted to her, will do so.

Liu also confirmed that he has appointed his actress friend, Amy Fan, as his new guardian, and expressed that he is happy in her care.

Fan told Hong Kong media that she is currently trying to get Liu’s finances in order, pointing out that Liu’s treatment and expenses come up to HK$100,000 (S$16,000) each month.

She expressed that she will take legal action against Fung to retrieve Liu’s money, and would consider mortgaging or selling Liu’s flat, which is worth about HK$8 million (S$1.2 million) to cover Liu’s expenses in the meantime.

Fan went on to reveal that while Liu has been trying his best to recover from his stroke, the stricken action star is prepared for the worst and has drawn up a will.

The actress also explained that Liu has refused to meet with his family because he did not want them to see him in his current state, and not because he hates his family.

One of the most well-known names in the Hong Kong film industry, Liu shot to fame after appearing in the classic martial arts film “The 36th Chamber of Shaolin”, and has gone on to appear in films like “Kill Bill” as well as “Flying Swords of Dragon Gate”.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips