Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Angry Monkey Whirling Daggers

Angry Monkey Whirling Daggers

I have decided to openly teach the Angry Monkey Whirling Dagger set. I will be offerring the classes Saturdays at 1:30 starting September 17, 2011. This is a 3 month course and will cover the form, applications and basic knife fighting. The 3 month course = $175 USD. Those interested can contact me here, my web: www.shaolininstitute.com or can call me at 440.585.4900

ginosifu

gino, you criticize kung fu guys who do modern sports fighting like mma and sanda and call them sellouts, but you are teaching a twirling dagger form. this is epitomy of the uselessness of kung fu. you are basically admitting teaching forms that are 100% flower.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Blog Entries
    it isn't useless if there are people wanting to learn it. he said he teaches the form, its applications as well as basic knife fighting. seems to me it could be very useful to someone.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

i dont argue about chinese weapons because people often are ignorant, but anyone can see windmilling with a tiny dagger is silly and obviously flower.

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    gino, you criticize kung fu guys who do modern sports fighting like mma and sanda and call them sellouts, but you are teaching a twirling dagger form. this is epitomy of the uselessness of kung fu. you are basically admitting teaching forms that are 100% flower.
    You are a liar bawang. If you look back at my posts you will see that I have always stated that forms are tools for teaching different kung fu skills. I do not approach form learning for sports or tournaments etc etc. Also if you think that I am selling out cuz I am charging a fee, again you are wrong. Teaching kung fu is my way of making a living.

As far as the usefullness of a Dagger form, we here in our neighborhood have people that get into fights, get attacked by muggers, rapes, etc etc. Overall we live in a rough neighborhood, and people use my self defense skills all the time. Now I don't have a video but if you ask all the police officers I have taught, jailhouse guards, bouncers and regular peeps needing self defense skills, you find that my teaching is grounded in hardcore fighting principles. Just because I teach forms along with my fighting stuff does not mean I teach flowery shi.t

ginosifu

Blog Entries
    i dont argue about chinese weapons because people dont realy know much about the subject, but anyone can see windmilling with a tiny dagger is silly and obviously flower.
    thats your bad for not looking any deeper than its surface.

Blog Entries
    Just because I teach forms along with my fighting stuff does not mean I teach flowery shi.t
    SO WHAT IF YOU DID!?!?!?! Whats wrong with possessing graceful moves and fighting skills? (that is meant to be supportive...my bad if it came out wrong)

Quote Originally Posted by ginosifu View Post
    You are a liar bawang. If you look back at my posts you will see that I have always stated that forms are tools for teaching different kung fu skills. I do not approach form learning for sports or tournaments etc etc. Also if you think that I am selling out cuz I am charging a fee, again you are wrong. Teaching kung fu is my way of making a living.

As far as the usefullness of a Dagger form, we here in our neighborhood have people that get into fights, get attacked by muggers, rapes, etc etc. Overall we live in a rough neighborhood, and people use my self defense skills all the time. Now I don't have a video but if you ask all the police officers I have taught, jailhouse guards, bouncers and regular peeps needing self defense skills, you find that my teaching is grounded in hardcore fighting principles. Just because I teach forms along with my fighting stuff does not mean I teach flowery shi.t

ginosifu
    if i am really telling an outrageous lie, you would not feel the need to defend yourself. i think i am right when i said you are hypocritical calling kung fu people sellouts, then sell kung fu as a business yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    SO WHAT IF YOU DID!?!?!?! Whats wrong with possessing graceful moves and fighting skills? (that is meant to be supportive...my bad if it came out wrong)

playing around with empty hand forms is one thing, but flowery knife fighting techniques can get someone killed, that is irresponsible.

i havent seen the actual knife form from gino but i am assuming it involves lots of windmilling and hopping, a few cross legged stances maybe.

Blog Entries
    if i am really telling an outrageous lie, you would not feel the need to defend yourself. i think i am right when i said you are hypocritical calling kung fu people sellouts, then sell kung fu as a business yourself.

playing around with empty hand forms is one thing, but flowery knife fighting techniques can get someone killed, that is irresponsible.

i havent seen the actual knife form from gino but i am assuming it involves lots of windmilling and hopping, a few cross legged stances maybe.
    A form is one thing. you can perform that form any ol' way you choose to. its how you apply it that counts the most. you can tell who is into fantasy swash bucklin sh1t and who really respects a bladed weapon instantly.
    Last edited by hskwarrior; 09-04-2011 at 10:11 AM.

I like flowers.
    "if its ok for shaolin wuseng to break his vow then its ok for me to sneak behind your house at 3 in the morning and bang your dog if buddha is in your heart then its ok"-Bawang

"I get what you have said in the past, but we are not intuitive fighters. As instinctive fighters, we can chuck spears and claw and bite. We are not instinctively god at punching or kicking."-Drake

"Princess? LMAO hammer you are such a pr^t"-Frost

This website almost crashed my browser. You're using multiple very large images (over 3500x2500px) as thumbnails. Images only need to be as large as you view them.

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post

bawang:

you are assuming that I have no knife fighting skills, yes? How do know what kind of knife fighting skills that I have? How do you what the form is and how it can be broken down into self defense applications? Did you know my wife is Indonesian? and that I have spent time there learning Pencak Silat and some of the knife fighting skills of South East Asia. Did you know that my Shaolin teacher (John Ervin) and his teacher (Kwong Wing Lam) spent time (in China) with the Chinese military learning their knife fighting techniques? Did you know that my Monkey teacher (mooyingmantis) forced us to practice with real (sharpened) weapons and we ended up numerous cuts, broken fingers and other weapon injurys?

What the knife form looks like is irrelavant. The form teaches basic movements. Some people like to practice the form for cardio work outs. Some like to practice the form for the muscle memory while there is no partner for drills. You can do the form with dynamic tension for a workout.

What you need to do is research a bit more about who you are calling a hypocrit and a sell out. My kung fu has been proven on the street and in the ring. I teach traditional kung fu the way my teacher did and his teacher before him. In the more recent history of kung fu, many old school sifu's added more forms into their curriculum, but that does not mean that we have forsaken the fighting aspect.

I have been teaching traditional weapon fighting that relates to modern fights:

My favorite 3 weapon for modern combat:

Cane: Cane can be carried at any time as a walking aid and use immediately in combat. I have Cane forms that I teach and it is similar to any sword or kali technique.

Kung Fu Fan: Fan is another weapon that can be carried legally at any time (unlike guns and swords). The Fan is good for quick distractions and also can be used to poke the eyes and various pressure points.

Daggers: Daggers are my favorite of all. Any small item that can fit into your hand is a dagger. Pen, scissors, keys, cell phone, fork, knife etc etc. Since they are small, they can be concealed and or carried easily. Also thet can be picked up and used easily.

ginosifu
    Quote Originally Posted by 五祖拳 View Post
    This website almost crashed my browser. You're using multiple very large images (over 3500x2500px) as thumbnails. Images only need to be as large as you view them.
    Sorry I will have alook at the site and see what is wrong.

ginsifu
    Last edited by ginosifu; 09-04-2011 at 02:04 PM.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    Hey Gino,
    Does your knife set teach changing from forward to reverse (icepick) grip?
    Many dagger forms I see only use reverse grip. It would be interesting to see one that used both. (I also have experience in Fillippino and Indonesian Knife fighting)
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    Hey Gino,
    Does your knife set teach changing from forward to reverse (icepick) grip?
    Many dagger forms I see only use reverse grip. It would be interesting to see one that used both. (I also have experience in Fillippino and Indonesian Knife fighting)
    This form only teaches the Hammer down holding (Icepick) position. I do have some forms though that change and have the Ice pick and forward thrusting grip style too.

Some of the southeast asian styles just like to hold it thrust forward (like the Kris). Some of the Chinese styles only like to hold it Icepick or hammer down style.

ginosifu

Blog Entries
    Some of the Chinese styles only like to hold it Icepick or hammer down style.
    In the north part of China, the dagger is hidden in your boots. After you have taken your opponent down, you pull it out of your boots and then stab into your opponent's heart.

Dagger in the ancient time was not used for standup fighting. It was too short compare to spear, staff, knife, and sword. You just don't pull your dagger out when your opponent's spear head is right in front of your chest. Chinese dagger was mainly used for "ground game". It was integrated perfectly with the Chinese throwing art.

The day that people no longer use spear, staff, ... the day that people start to hold dagger like to hold a sword.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 09-04-2011 at 02:32 PM.