Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Building strength the TCMA way

Quote Originally Posted by IronFist View Post
    Who cares if someone wants to be a bodybuilder?

Most martial artists would **** themselves if they had to fight a bodybuilder.
    Me no scare -

lol, I love the anti-bodybuilding crew. Who cares what someone wants to do?

I love how people think big muscles are inflated and useless. I think it's carryover from old school MA nonsense, probably combined with the fact that bodybuilders, when they are beginners in MA, probably over-muscle their way through everything.

But once they learn how to do it correctly, they're much more powerful fighters than smaller guys.

I don't want to fight a BJJ blackbelt, but if I had to, I'd rather him be 140 pounds than a 240 pound bodybuilder.
    I believe in strength training and conditioning - see my pic (that's me at 36 I've gained 10 more lbs of muscle since), but bodybuilding's g@y.

some of the top mma fighters who are big and bulky can squat over 500 pounds. you think those huge muskles are just saggy water baloons?

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    some of the top mma fighters who are big and bulky can squat over 500 pounds. you think those huge muskles are just saggy water baloons?
    They squat 500lbs for a reason and it's not to impress the ladies, it's to enhance their performance. They strength train...

a bodybuilder does it to be g@y and look at himself in the mirror and think - oh look at my big musc cles. (rubbing testicles) Ooh I'd f*ck me, I'd f*ck me so hard.

This guy certainly doesn't have flexibility issues:

Nor does this guy:

You seriously think that's cool?

I'd be more afraid that they would want to put a rufy in my beer.

Quote Originally Posted by MightyB View Post
    Those pics are so g@y.

Be strong enough to do what you want to do. Sport Specific training is better than body building. Body builders are usually the biggest douches in the kwoon. They look like jack offs and usually are jack offs. The guys who weight train and do sport specific stuff are usually lean, not bulky. Bulky is bulky and it's awkward. There's a difference between a gymnast's body and the Muscle Beach body and how it functions. As martial artists, we want the gymnast's body.
    Wow dude, really?

There are douchebags in every sport.

Sure, there are some bodybuilder dbags.

There are Crossfit dbags.

There are TMA dbags.

There are internal martial art dbags.

There are MMA dbags.

There are BJJ dbags

Granted, some of these fields may have a tendency to attract cocky individuals.

Muscle doesn't function differently. It contracts or it relaxes. "Bodybuilding muscle" adapted because of the stress imposed on it during training, so it serves a purpose with regard to a specific type of weight/rep/time under tension load expectation. It's no more or less useful than "powerlifting muscle" or a marathoner's ability to run 26 miles.

Sorry some bodybuilders were mean to you once and now you're a hater.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

Quote Originally Posted by MightyB View Post
    I believe in strength training and conditioning - see my pic (that's me at 36 I've gained 10 more lbs of muscle since), but bodybuilding's g@y.
    lol @ saying bodybuilding is gay right after saying you gained some muscle.

Sounds like you're 10 pounds gayer than you were when that pic was taken.
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

Wow dude, really?

Sorry some bodybuilders were mean to you once and now you're a hater.
    LOL - ahh, you're jealous 'cuz I have big muskles and a six pack and I did it without bodybuilding.

TMA Baby - it's in the Gungs, it's all in the Gungs!!! I knowz the realz kung fu. HA!!! My pics posted and it's proof of the Gungs!!!

Hmmm, might be on to something - you got dinner plans?

dont make me throw up on you guys!
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

So, MightyB, if someone uses weight training too:

Enhance "health" (defined for the purposes of this post as the correct play between organs and organ systems)

Improve martial "performance" (defined for the purposes of this post as the technically correct use of existing attributes)

AND

Improve "appearance" (defined for the purposes of this post as the physical presentation of the body)

using methods culled from sources which include "bodybuilding" (defined for the purposes of this post as the use of resistance training to enhance the size of a muscle/group, with other attribute effects not being considered), then

someone is into the same gender?

I would posit the attitudes regarding resistance training are rooted in the same place as the attitudes regarding fans of one genre of niche fiction looking at another group:

"It's different, it sucks."
    BreakProof Back® Back Health & Athletic Performance
    https://sellfy.com/p/BoZg/

"Who dies first," he mumbled through smashed and bloody lips.

Worked a lot of construction over the years. Guys go into three groups:

1) Tough mf's who are useful when you need to unload a box truck full of 4x8 MDF.

2) Wussies who are probably going to damage at least twenty dollars worth of supplies.

Of the first group, lifelong construction workers, and guys who did weights to be strong.

Of the second, skinny guys WHO HADN'T DONE TEN YEARS OF CONSTRUCTION and ALL BODY SCULPTORS.

Never once saw a strong body sculptor at work. Never understood how someone with larger muscles than me could be so weak.

Also know of a former Russian olympic weights coach, strong as hell, not as big as that(has mass, but not rediculous mass), but STRONG.

Big is fine if it's also strong.

Lol...

Now that was kinda funny!
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A

I have easily beaten every one I have ever fought.....

Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    Worked a lot of construction over the years. Guys go into three groups:

1) Tough mf's who are useful when you need to unload a box truck full of 4x8 MDF.

2) Wussies who are probably going to damage at least twenty dollars worth of supplies.

Of the first group, lifelong construction workers, and guys who did weights to be strong.

Of the second, skinny guys WHO HADN'T DONE TEN YEARS OF CONSTRUCTION and ALL BODY SCULPTORS.

Never once saw a strong body sculptor at work. Never understood how someone with larger muscles than me could be so weak.

Also know of a former Russian olympic weights coach, strong as hell, not as big as that(has mass, but not rediculous mass), but STRONG.

Big is fine if it's also strong.
    You get it.

BTW - I worked as a furniture mover for about 6 years for United Van Lines. We'd get those body builder pu$$ies that couldn't keep up with 60 year old men.

Uki is a brick mason... betcha he could make beyotches out of the "hardest" of body sculpting body builders.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    dont make me throw up on you guys!
    Ahh Lucas, you know that you'd be my first choice for manly love'n.

Quote Originally Posted by Vash View Post
    So, MightyB, if someone uses weight training too:

Enhance "health" (defined for the purposes of this post as the correct play between organs and organ systems)

Improve martial "performance" (defined for the purposes of this post as the technically correct use of existing attributes)

AND

Improve "appearance" (defined for the purposes of this post as the physical presentation of the body)

using methods culled from sources which include "bodybuilding" (defined for the purposes of this post as the use of resistance training to enhance the size of a muscle/group, with other attribute effects not being considered), then

someone is into the same gender?

I would posit the attitudes regarding resistance training are rooted in the same place as the attitudes regarding fans of one genre of niche fiction looking at another group:

"It's different, it sucks."
    Weight training is ok if you have a rational reason and a sport specific methodology - doing curls for the mirror, well... there's a pole for you to smoke.

Speaking of poles - just take a look at a fraction of what YouKnowWho has posted... pics and videos. There's one where he's using his leg to suspend himself on a pole. I dare you to attempt it... - a body builder doesn't deserve to smoke the pole that he's using - and they think they're tough. Old Skool strength vs bodybuilding DBs.