Thread: Wing Chun sa Pilipinas - New Documentary by Chibi Moku

Wing Chun sa Pilipinas - New Documentary by Chibi Moku

New cinematic documentary about Wing Chun being introduced to Philippines. I am the filmmaker, and wanted to share this with the Wing Chun Community. You are welcome to share with your friends. Special thanks for Kung Fu Magazine for letting me post here. Train hard! Fight easy!

http://vimeo.com/28504153

Documentary Info -

Wing Chun sa Pilipinas

A cinematic documentary from Chibi Moku about Wing Chun Kung Fu being introduced to the Philippines. Shot over a period of 2 weeks in Manila & Laguna. Featuring Sifu Steve McGowan & Sifu Robert Greene. Also featuring actor Raymond Bagatsing and the rest of the Golden Harvest team.

Wing Chun is a Chinese form of martial arts that has quite "unique" techniques and foundations. While wing chun can be found all over the world, including the Philippines, it's a "creative rarity of forms" when passed through it's different lineages.

Cinematographer - Trip Shaffer - Chibi Moku

Equipment -

Canon 60d
    Tokina 11-16mm 2.8
    Tamron 17-50 2.8
    Canon 50mm 1.8
    Sturdyshots Sturdycam
    Konova Slider

http://video.chibimoku.com
    http://www.goldenharvestwingchun.com

Golden Harvest

I would have to refer you to Golden Harvest for that kind of info. I went to document the practical side and show wing chun with more 3D style shots w/ special camera gear. I wasn't really there to investigate different types of Wing Chun, history, or make some kind of biography...I wanted a more "practical side" type documentary. While showing some cool shots of Wing Chun (cause its a beautifully creative) cinematic art. I think people down there are wanting to protect themselves. Thats what most people want...so they wanna see what they are actually getting into with Wing Chun. The whole world would be a little more safe if the good guys knew a little Wing Chun.

there are not many wing chun schools on the Phils,I have lived there for 3 years..that school must have opened after I left 2009 (?) .. I like the film,nicely shot and lots of places i recognized right away.. couldnt you have done the move a few years earlier lol... i lived in chinatown and taught hung kuen..

anyway nice production ! I put the link on my facebook (if its ok?)

Absolutely!

Please share away! It makes me really happy to know people want to share this! I am a striving documentary filmmaker, so anyone who helps share this helps out! Thanks a lot for the kind words! I miss the Philippines already! I wanna go back!

Thanks

Thanks for the support!!

Great !
    Thanks for sharing.