Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Joe Son, of UFC III, gets life in prison

Joe Son, of UFC III, gets life in prison

To millions of moviegoers he was Doctor Evil's henchman Random Task.

But now a 40-year-old Orange County actor famous from an "Austin Powers" movie will be spending life in state prison in connection with a 1990 Christmas Eve gang rape and torture of a woman taking a walk to see the seasonal lights.

Joseph Hyungmin Son was found guilty Aug. 25 of felony torture, an offense that carries a life term without possibility of parole. The actor was originally charged three years ago with numerous sex crimes but because of a statute of limitations, prosecutors eventually won a conviction on torture.

The crime unfolded seven years before the 1997 movie "Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery."

According to prosecutors, a woman walking back to her apartment alone with her dog after going to look at Christmas lights with a relative and friend was stopped by Son about 12:30 a.m. on Christmas Eve 1990. Son asked her for directions and then with another man dragged her to their car, threw her in the back and drove away.

Son and the other man told her they were driving to Compton, pistol-whipped her and repeatedly threatened to kill her. Prosecutors said Son then repeatedly raped, sodomized and forced the victim to orally copulate him in the back of the car. He also tortured her with a firearm. Son's cohort Santiago Lopez Gaitan, 40, of San Antonio raped the woman.

Afterward, Son threatened to kill the victim and counted the bullets in the gun out loud as she pleaded for her life. Son and Gaitan finally allowed the woman, identified only as Jane Doe, to leave, naked and with her pants tied around her eyes. The victim was actually in Huntington Beach and went to a nearby home where homeowners called the police.

While physical evidence was gathered in the case from the sexual assault, the case went cold. Son, however, was convicted in May 2008 of felony vandalism in an unrelated case and was forced to give a DNA sample. That sample was then linked to DNA collected in the 1990 case, prosecutors said.

Gaitan pleaded guilty in January to kidnapping, sodomy, rape, forcible oral copulation and forcible rape with a sentencing enhancement for committing rape while armed with a firearm. He was sentenced to 17 years and four months in state prison.

The victim told the judge before sentencing Friday that she suffers daily post-traumatic stress disorder.

"I feel debilitating fear come over me and am convinced a hand is coming from behind again," she said in court. "My emotional scars are intense. My 20s were stripped from my life as I relearned how to walk, see, hear and cope with the outside world again. Joseph Son not only cost me my job at my salon but also my college savings ... not to mention the impact it’s made on celebrating Christmas year after year."

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lano...petorture.html
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RD'S Alias - 1A

I have easily beaten every one I have ever fought.....

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    eye for an eye in my book. Should suffer a horrendous gang raping himself.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

I'm sure he will, since he's famous enough to have it reported on the internet widely enough for people to notice, inmates will find out. I hope he cries and screams and then after his own gang rape, eats a shiv in the stomach.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    I'm sure he will, since he's famous enough to have it reported on the internet widely enough for people to notice, inmates will find out. I hope he cries and screams and then after his own gang rape, eats a shiv in the stomach.

Jeez!

Is this personal for you???

Quote:

Quote Originally Posted by IronWeasel View Post
    Jeez!

Is this personal for you???

sorta

having women in your life who have been victimized in any way similar makes that subject a sore spot. I would have absolutely no problem personally executing malicious rapists.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Nowhere in the article does it mention UFC III. You got a link to any footage of him competing? What art did he represent?
    I was on the metro earlier, deep in meditation, when a ruffian came over and started causing trouble. He started pushing me with his bag, steadily increasing the force until it became very annoying. When I turned to him, before I could ask him to stop, he immediately started hurling abuse like a scoundrel. I performed a basic chin na - carotid artery strike combination and sent him to sleep. The rest of my journey was very peaceful, and passersby hailed me as a hero - Warrior Man

Quote Originally Posted by Faruq View Post
    Nowhere in the article does it mention UFC III. You got a link to any footage of him competing? What art did he represent?

My mistake...It was UFC 4.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFC_4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57Mva-3n7TY
    Quote:

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    having women in your life who have been victimized in any way similar makes that subject a sore spot. I would have absolutely no problem personally executing malicious rapists
    I could see your point. If something even remotely happend like this to my wife I would personally torture and kill people of this nature. Fuking people like this are a disease and need delt with in the utmost formula.
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

He's the dude Keith Hackney punched in the nuts:

http://uploader.ws/upload/201109/Hac...play_image.jpg
    "If you like metal you're my friend" -- Manowar

"I am the cosmic storms, I am the tiny worms" -- Dimmu Borgir

<BombScare> i beat the internet
    <BombScare> the end guy is hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Faruq View Post
    I remember him calling his art "Joe Son Do."

Good riddance to him. Too bad the other guy didn't get life, too.

Kind of makes me happy his UFC fight was famous for him getting pinned and punched repeatedly in the B6lls, poetic justice I think its called

Frankly I'm not that surprised.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    It doesn't take the internet for inmates to find out... from the time you're arrested and brought into jail the inmates already know what you've been arrested for. I was in jail waiting for bond when this guy was being booked into jail down stairs... before he ever made it out of booking the news had gotten up to all 7 floors that he was in on a murder charge.

It was already known that the guy he killed... actually charged him and fell on a knife he had in his hand. The guy gets upstairs and starts acting tough saying i already killed one person tonight blah blah blah... Guys started laughing at him as you could tell he was barely 20 yrs old and scared to death.

Anyway, he played tough guy a bit too long and ended up literary getting his skull cracked by 4 guys after he used the N-word! Funny thing they told him when the CO's come around you better say you fell in the shower! Sure nuff the CO comes around sees the blood all over the guy and says what happened?

He says I fell in the shower... CO walks away without even seeing if the guy is okay. Later that night during lock down when the guys couldn't get to him he began screaming at the top of his lungs for the CO's...when they came he then admitted what had taken place.
    Last edited by jmd161; 09-12-2011 at 09:05 AM.
    少林黑虎門
    Sil Lum Hak Fu Mun
    RIP Kuen "Fred" Woo (sifu)

Seems like the MMA thug mentality went a little too far with this Piece of Crap.

What a loser.

Rapists usually become the raped in the can.

he will squeal loud I bet
    Mouth Boxers have not the testicular nor the spinal fortitude to be known.
    Hence they hide rather than be known as adults.

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Dugas View Post
    Seems like the MMA thug mentality went a little too far with this Piece of Crap.

What a loser.

Rapists usually become the raped in the can.

he will squeal loud I bet
    please dont drag the MMA v TCMA bit into this, he was and is a piece of you know what, no need to say anything about MMA, TCMA has plenty of thugs to