Thread: Jong Da Kuen? Gow Duk Kuen? Do any teachers in the USA teach these forms?

Jong Da Kuen? Gow Duk Kuen? Do any teachers in the USA teach these forms?

These forms are mentioned on Hungkuen.net....

Yet there is not explanation as to what the names are or what characteristics mark the identity of the set,etc.etc.

I'm aware that these(in addition to others) are considered supplementary or ancillary forms to the "4 pillars".

Do any instructors in the USA teach Gow Duk Kuen and Jong Da Kuen?

There is in Jee Shim Weng Chun a form called Jong Kune Dummy Boxing wich has all the basic techniques and punches in that form this Jee Shim Weng Chun is different somewhat than Wing Chun but some Wing Chun systems have a Jong Kuen Dummy form . These Jong Kune dummy Boxing forms are not the Wooden Dummy forms .

Gow Duk Kuen may refer to the 9 special fists set. If I recall some of the Tang Fong lineage perform this one but I don't know much more about it. This link has quite a bit of useful information regarding it though:

http://www.fuhok.com/specialfists.htm
    -Golden Arms-

Jong Dah

When I trained Hung Gar in the mid 80's - this was the first form we learned. Siu (little) and some learned the Dai (long) form. I always thought it was sort of an intro to Iron Thread. All of our community demonstrations started with this group form. I no longer practice the form, but I'll certainly never forget it! Never heard of the other.

I'll post the names of the other forms we learned on the Village Hung Kuen thread, if anyone is interested.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    @Later Than Never, Sifu David Rogers, of Rising Crane Kung-Fu, teaches Jong Da Kuen.
    You can check out his website.
    He and I are close friends and he visits the States often. If you like, maybe the next time he comes over we could hook up. I don't want to overstep my bounds, so I will leave it up to you to contact him. Perhaps he can do a seminar at your school. He brings alot to the table, being extremely knowledgeable in Hop-Ga, Hung Kuen, and also has several fighters competing in MMA.
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

As Ao Qin says, the Green dragon Kung Fu guys in Minnesota and North Dakota under Chan Yin Wah do Jong Da Kuen.
    "The man who stands for nothing is likely to fall for anything"
    www.swindonkungfu.co.uk