Thread: Where are all the Complete Monkey Style systems?

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by ginosifu View Post
    The reason I bring this up is that the Monkey I practice (from mooyingmantis) is from a tail less monkey. Tail less Monkeys include Gibbons, Apes, Chimpanzes and Gorillas.
    "Tail-less" monkeys are referred to as Great Apes, of which we (humans) belong. So, you want to fight like a human ape?

Quote Originally Posted by Fa Xing View Post
    "Tail-less" monkeys are referred to as Great Apes, of which we (humans) belong. So, you want to fight like a human ape?
    All animals have techniques unique to their species.

Big Cats pounce on top, then grab the throat and suffocate their opponent.

Bears and Gorilla charge then pounce on top and use pawing or swatting to pulverize their opponents.

Small Monkeys use speed, agility, deception and faints to get in close enough to bite and claw their opponents.

Snakes spit in their opponents eyes or bite with venom and some coil around and suffocate their opponents.

Martial Arts masters from the past sought out to copy these tactics and translate them into usable human fighting techniques. Animal mimic styles try to emulate some of these unique animal strategies in their quest to be a viable ma.

Quote Originally Posted by mantis108 View Post
    Animals fight for 3 reasons. Food, sex, and survival.
    Mantis108
    Mantis108: As sophisticated animals, can we not utilize animal techniques for survival in self defense?

Mooyingmantis: Krista's chest has arthritis built up now and every once in a while it acts up and bothers her.

ginosifu

Mooyingmantis: Krista's chest has arthritis built up now and every once in a while it acts up and bothers her.

ginosifu
    Dang, sorry to hear that.
    Richard A. Tolson
    https://www.patreon.com/mantismastersacademy

There are two types of Chinese martial artists. Those who can fight and those who should be teaching dance or yoga!

53 years of training, 43 years of teaching and still aiming for perfection!

Recovering Forms Junkie! Even my twelve step program has four roads!

Quote Originally Posted by mooyingmantis View Post
    Dang, sorry to hear that.
    It's really kinda gross, she has a big divot in her chest about the size of a golf ball and about 1/4-1/2 " deep. It is like part of her anatomy moved over to create this hole - eeewwwwwwu

She's ok with it though, just another battle scare in her kung fu character !

ginosifu

It's really kinda gross, she has a big divot in her chest about the size of a golf ball and about 1/4-1/2 " deep. It is like part of her anatomy moved over to create this hole - eeewwwwwwu

She's ok with it though, just another battle scare in her kung fu character !

ginosifu
    Hope her husband isn't reading this and wondering how you know about the details of her chest.

She is quite a girl!
    Richard A. Tolson
    https://www.patreon.com/mantismastersacademy

There are two types of Chinese martial artists. Those who can fight and those who should be teaching dance or yoga!

53 years of training, 43 years of teaching and still aiming for perfection!

Recovering Forms Junkie! Even my twelve step program has four roads!

All animals have techniques unique to their species.
    I can understand that, I just find it better to practice martial arts according to our own anatomical and physiological make-up where we would be more efficient and arguably more effective.

Animal styles sure are fun to practice though

Oh, and since I have a biology background, I get a little upset when people call apes "monkeys", they're not monkeys. Monkeys generally have tails, apes do not.
    Last edited by Fa Xing; 10-04-2011 at 04:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fa Xing View Post
    Oh, and since I have a biology background, I get a little upset when people call apes "monkeys", they're not monkeys. Monkeys generally have tails, apes do not.
    I think a lot us don't understand the difference. In our system it is the tail less apes (Gibbons, Chimps and Gorillas) that makes up our style.

ginosifu

I think a lot us don't understand the difference. In our system it is the tail less apes (Gibbons, Chimps and Gorillas) that makes up our style.

ginosifu
    I still don't understand how a Chinese system came to imitate gorillas and chimps though. Pretty sure I saw some knuckle walking in one clip. Definitely exclusively used by the great apes and not the gibbon (and we've already established that this style has pretty much nothing to do with any of the gibbon influenced styles). Though it was with the full fist which is what Orangutans do - at least Borneo and Sumatra are a little closer to China than Africa is. Maybe the founder spent a lot of time in zoos???

FX - I've got a zoology background too, hence the interest...

BT