Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Of Crabs and Men

guys, take your personal beefs to PM. (Dave and Ray)

NO running gunfights across the forum.

that is all.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    guys, take your personal beefs to PM. (Dave and Ray)

NO running gunfights across the forum.

that is all.
    He wants to keep going at it, I'm just answering him

I actually think you should leave it be, it's an EXCELLENT example of the crab thing, in this case, the very bottom crab in the barrel
    Chan Tai San Book at https://www.createspace.com/4891253

Quote Originally Posted by taai gihk yahn View Post
    well, like LKFMDC - he's a genuine Kung Fu Hero™
    Quote Originally Posted by Taixuquan99 View Post
    As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellen Bassette View Post
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

I have been on MA forums for many years, as have most here.
    I have had the previlage of being a mod or admin on a few, including perhaps the most notorious, Bullshido.
    I used to "walk the walk and talk the talk", but I no longer "walk the walk" since I have retired from competing and training in a school and have decided to just do "my own thing".
    I no longer take students and haven't made my mind up as to whether I ever will.
    I had an "above average" competive record in Boxing, MT, Judo and kyokushin and even competed in Vale Tudo matches.
    All that means very little now.
    It is the past, ancient history really, all done in the 80's and 90's.
    Since coming to this forum I have realised that the disease of "myopia" that effects MA is not unique to TJMA or TKMA or TCMA, it is unique to a certain TYPE of person IN THOSE MA.
    And that person exists in modern sports systems too.
    I don't like that person BUT I have grown to understand WHY that person exists and what purpose that person serves.
    And the only way that "all may know him to be mad" is for that person to have a place from which to speak.

I don't much like the rudeness and arrogance of some posters BUT I understand why they are the way they are, call it the fanatcisim of the convert or the zeal of the Zealot, doesn't matter.

Being a mod here has been a rather thankless job and continues to be so.

I love MA, I have been in MA for almost all my life, for 33 years I have bleed and suffered to be the best MA I could be and I want to share that with others because I NEVER HAD THAT and want to give freely what took so much pain to learn.

I suspect Shifu Patterson feels the same way and to want to give freely what we paid a price for and be insulted and questioned...well....need I say more?
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    I think extension of courtesy is what is being talked about.

It's not chest pounding to point out that there are juvenile idiots running around being ass hats. That is not a conflict of views, that is one gent pointing out that there are indeed clowns in here.

And there are, heck, I've acted like one myself on a few occasions to add some levity etc.

The whole reason I asked to be a mod again is because there was a definite breakdown of simple decorum here. Some of you guys may be alright with that, but I'm not and I'm the mod and that's that.

seriously. me and a couple of others and the powers that be here would very much like at the very least a modicum of decorum and some restraint on behalf of the posters here.

belligerent a-holes will be removed and persistent badgers will be routed out and banned.

It takes time and effort, like anything worthwhile.
    I think we should take care not to equate courtesy and decorum with deferential obsequiousness; just because someone has a strong opinion and argues it in a vigorous manner, even if that opinion or the manner in which they choose to argue it is abhorrent to you does not automatically mean they are being discourteous or lack decorum.

People have opinions, they like to argue about their opinions, people have opinions about other people's opinions, they like to argue about those too. People especially like to have opinions about themselves so on and so forth.

There is nothing wrong with being a pompous, supercilious jerk, it's when someone tries to project themselves as stationed above it all when in fact they are rolling in the mud along with everybody else that it becomes hypocrisy.

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    I think we should take care not to equate courtesy and decorum with deferential obsequiousness; just because someone has a strong opinion and argues it in a vigorous manner, even if that opinion or the manner in which they choose to argue it is abhorrent to you does not automatically mean they are being discourteous or lack decorum.

People have opinions, they like to argue about their opinions, people have opinions about other people's opinions, they like to argue about those too. People especially like to have opinions about themselves so on and so forth.

There is nothing wrong with being a pompous, supercilious jerk, it's when someone tries to project themselves as stationed above it all when in fact they are rolling in the mud along with everybody else that it becomes hypocrisy.
    when you were a kid, did you volunteer to be hall monitor?

As much as I get annoyed when it gets derailed by the array of strange angry people that hover around him like moths, his good posts are some of my favorites.
    I think he goes into a cave to meditate and recharge his chi...and bite the heads off of bats, of course....

I like words.

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    when you were a kid, did you volunteer to be hall monitor?
    Nah, I mostly just cut class to avoid getting beat up all the time.

I thought Jamieson was the hall monitor. I am the know it all always raising his hand in the back of the class who even the teacher is sick of.

Quote Originally Posted by MightyB View Post
    I like words.
    I have an opinion about that.

Nah, I mostly just cut class to avoid getting beat up all the time.

I am the know it all always raising his hand in the back of the class who even the teacher is sick of.
    have you met taaigihkyan

Quote Originally Posted by RWilson View Post

Mr Cartmell is the real deal which is one of the reasons I believe him over Mike Patterson. Tim Cartmell still competes and has actual footage of himself. He does not claim fame from a tournament in Taiwan so long ago there were no cameras.

What I have learned from this forum is that individual footage does not matter. All a guy has to do it talk about how well his students are doing and everyone goes, "Yeah, he must be good". You can be a total fat bag, make money, have no footage, trained with a dead chinese guy, and be considered knowledgeable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Pina View Post
    Very true.

If you notice, some of the fat bags with no footage use the word "we." Guys like Cartmell have the honor of saying "I".
    Back on the last page I alluded to this but no one picked it up so now let me be explicit on why both of you are mentally disabled.

Those tournaments that there was supposedly no video of from Patterson's time. .. get a clue@!@ There's no extant video of Cartmell in those things either. All you have is his much more recent BJJ exploits. As far as stand up goes, there is exactly the same amount of evidence for either of them. Futhermore, they both competed in the same arena. I don't know how the years line up but Tim Cartmell learned his standup from Luo Dexiu, one of the top IMA fighters in Taiwan. Mike Patterson learned from Hung Yi-Xiang, another one of the top fighters. They were both in Taiwan fighting in the same sort of tournaments at roughly the same time.

So why is one guys experience "verified" and the other just "chest thumping"?

When it comes to CMA fighting history, you guys are some seriously ignorant schmucks.
    Last edited by omarthefish; 09-14-2011 at 08:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lkfmdc View Post
    You are not a master of E Chuan, you are not a world class surfer. You aren't even a fighter. You talk about big mouths but you are the BIGGEST. The "master" who gave up when facing an 18 year old kid with 6 months training
    I claim to be a master of nothing. I've learned very little E-chuan compared to what was available.

However, you're lying: http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/f/E0.../John-Salgado/

That's the record of your man I fought. He already had two MMA fights before me.

Why would you pair him up with a newbie to the sport? A TCMA guy with his first MMA fight?

Why would you advertise that you'd send someone to fight with 6 months training?

Stop smoking weed for a minute and try to pay attention Ray

The FIRST san da match you had you fought an 18 year old kid with 6 months training from PMA and after one round YOU GAVE UP

Before that match you were calling yourself an e chuan sifu!

The second san da match you had you fought Stephan Cloud, who had one year of savate training and NO FIGHTS, he TKO'ed you!

The fact he had an AMATEUR MATCH in MMA six months later has nothing to do with the fact he beat you

You were 0-3 by the time you fought salgado. And let's all remind the world YET AGAIN that you tapped before he even applied a choke

Ross

I;ve said what I've had to say. I wont interfere with this or any other thread. Nobody wants to hear what I have to say and it doesn't matter to anyone anyway.

However, you have insulted me publicly. You should at least have the honor and courage to take your beating like a man.

I will be up in NYC next month. Think about it.

I do want to beat some respect into you. Can we agree on a time? It can be your place, I only ask for no funny business. You vs me. I'll come to our gym. I'll fight with or without gloves. Your choice.

But honor your master. You opened your mouth. Now be man enough to back it up.

Why would you pair him up with a newbie to the sport? A TCMA guy with his first MMA fight?
    It was Ed Hsu's event and HE made the matches. All we did was agree, with a chuckle and a smile because we knew it was an easy match, it turned out even easier than we could have imagined because you tapped before he even put the choke on!

Notice how every loss is some sort of conspiracy against RAY? The world is against him!

Paranoia is a thought process believed to be heavily influenced by anxiety or fear, often to the point of irrationality and delusion. Paranoid thinking typically includes persecutory beliefs, or beliefs of conspiracy concerning a perceived threat towards oneself. Historically, this characterization was used to describe any delusional state.

However, you have insulted me publicly.
    you want to know who "insulted" you? take a look in the mirror!

Sanjuro already told you that you were embarassing yourself

I have no time for your comedy act, if you want to believe you are the master of internal kung fu and a deadly internal arts fighter FINE I could care less