Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Martial FAIL

Martial FAIL

I couldn't quite find an appropriate thread to post this. Our subforum here has a lot of interesting threads - I need to compile them some day.
    Kung Fu Student Beaten in Road Rage Attack: Cops
    By Kelly Bayliss and Dan Stamm
    | Tuesday, Sep 13, 2011 | Updated 6:36 PM EDT

A Delaware County man says he was brutally beaten during a road rage incident following a martial arts class Saturday.
    advertisement

A Delco man is behind bars after allegedly beating a Kung Fu student to the point of unconsciousness on Saturday.

Eric Bailey, 36, of Windermere Avenue in Lansdowne was arrested around 245 p.m. Saturday for the incident.

The victim, 37-year-old Anthony Alleva, called the whole thing a case of road rage. He told NBC Philadelphia that he was walking his bike home from Kung Fu class when he and Bailey, who was driving at the time, had words.

Alleva says that Bailey got out of his car, began attacking him and then drove away.

"I was attacked from behind," Alleva told NBC Philadelphia. "I said, 'listen, pedestrians have the right of way and I'm in a crosswalk at an intersection."

A witness to the alleged beating got the car's license plate number and called police.

“He stated the subject on the bicycle had clearly lost the fight, but the driver continued to deliver punches and kicks [to his head],” according to a police statement in an affidavit obtained by the Delco Times.

Police say that the Alleva was fairly alert when they arrived, however, he lost consciousness on his way to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania where he was treated for head injuries, including memory loss and a black eye.

"I'm in terrible pain... fractured the orbital socket -- it really sucks," Alleva said.

Alleva was released from the hospital Monday. His injuries could require surgery, he said.

The victim tells NBC Philadelphia that in Kung Fu, students are taught to walk away from confrontations.

Bailey, pictured on the left, contacted Yeadon Police, saying that Alleva called him a racial slur, prompting him to react.

He faces assault charges and was behind bars Tuesday in lieu of posting 10 percent of his $50,000 in bail.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Fuel for the fire? That TCMAs are dead?
    "if its ok for shaolin wuseng to break his vow then its ok for me to sneak behind your house at 3 in the morning and bang your dog if buddha is in your heart then its ok"-Bawang

"I get what you have said in the past, but we are not intuitive fighters. As instinctive fighters, we can chuck spears and claw and bite. We are not instinctively god at punching or kicking."-Drake

"Princess? LMAO hammer you are such a pr^t"-Frost

More like he just needs some better teaching in handling a situation of defense.

A case of getting ones ass kicked because one is too stupid to realize one is in a fight.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

I think that's the famous, mouth-writing-a-check-the-ass-can't-cash technique.
    "if its ok for shaolin wuseng to break his vow then its ok for me to sneak behind your house at 3 in the morning and bang your dog if buddha is in your heart then its ok"-Bawang

"I get what you have said in the past, but we are not intuitive fighters. As instinctive fighters, we can chuck spears and claw and bite. We are not instinctively god at punching or kicking."-Drake

"Princess? LMAO hammer you are such a pr^t"-Frost

I think its a case of "don't turn your back on someone who is angry at you". This guy could have been coming back from the firing range with a loaded AK instead of a Kung Fu school, and he could still get hit when he turns his back.
    Sith Legal Kung Fu is unstoppable.

it also doesn't say how long the guy had been training or how good he was. He might only have been going for few weeks and be a below average joe. Equally it doesn't give any details about their relative sizes, physiques or background. Not really so ****ing if the victim is a nine stone sub six foot academic from suburbia who has had a few weeks of kung fu training whilst the attacker is a 280 lbs bad boy from the inner cities who's been fighting all his life even without any training.
    A clever man learns from his mistakes but a truly wise man learns from the mistakes of others.

Wing Chun kung fu in Redditch
    Worcestershire Wing Chun Kuen on facebook

Blog Entries

here he is

Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

"The victim tells NBC Philadelphia that in Kung Fu, students are taught to walk away from confrontations."

Not sure what school he goes to (but there aren't many kung fu schools in the southern suburbs of philadelphia) but students are taught to avoid confrontations and if threatened to use everything you got... or so I thought!

This happened close to where I live at, the Lansdowne area has been going down hill for years, and road rage is one of the biggest issues around these parts. As for the thug, he has had previous issues with beating people up.
    Tom
    Integrated Kung Fu Academy
    Kung Fu - Kickboxing - MMA -Self Defense
    Media, PA -Delaware County

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    A case of getting ones ass kicked because one is too stupid to realize one is in a fight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darthlawyer View Post
    I think its a case of "don't turn your back on someone who is angry at you". This guy could have been coming back from the firing range with a loaded AK instead of a Kung Fu school, and he could still get hit when he turns his back.
    Two real and connected reasons why so many people end up hurt in today's violent societies.

My guess is that the "kung fu" guy did not want to fight to start with and hoped to walk away to diffuse the situation. Of course, he gets zero points for situation assessment.

mantis guy?
    man
    if he wants to keep that stup!d haircut and all those tattooes, he should probably at least go study some of Chuck Liddell's Em Em Eh®
    sad thing is that it was probably nothing more than "sloppy brawling" that broke that dude's orbital.
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.
    -Jack Dempsey ch1 pg1 Championship Fighting

I wonder if the guys was truly attacked from behind.
    It is better to have less thunder in the mouth and more lightning in the hand. - Apache Proverb

Karate Moves Don't Stop Thieves

A man told police his karate moves did not deter two men who barged into his apartment office and stole $400 from him Tuesday night.

The incident happened about 7:45 p.m. in the 2100 block of Watch Avenue. The 44-year-old victim told police he’d just returned from a store when two men knocked on his door and said he owed them money. He let them in and they made their way into his office, where they stole cash that was on his desk.

He told police he tried to use some of his karate moves on the men, but they hit him on the head, causing a small cut. He said they left and he didn’t remember much else.
    "The true meaning of a given movement in a form is not its application, but rather the unlimited potential of the mind to provide muscular and skeletal support for that movement." Gregory Fong

I couldn’t remember how to do it

Two Teens Arrested For Stealing 81-Yr-Old's iPhone, Shoving Him Into Tracks
    Andrew Wang (via NBC New York)

The 81-year-old man whose iPhone was stolen and then was shoved into Brooklyn subway tracks says that he's thankful to the subway riders in the station who helped him. Andrew Wang, who spent three days in the hospital after the incident at the Lorimer Street J train station, told the Daily News, "Other people came and helped me. It was God who helped. Thank God, I’m all right."

Wang, who walks with a cane, told the News that he was checking his iPhone on Friday morning. "Suddenly, the guy grabs my phone. I wouldn’t let him have it. We struggled and he got it, all that was left was the cover.... I yelled and chased him down the platform. I wanted other people on the platform to know that he robbed me." Then, "I chased him a little bit, and about 10 steps later, another guy just pushed me and I fell down."

Wang suffered a sprained ankle, cuts and bruises. He told the Post, "I learned kung fu when I was 10. I couldn’t remember how to do it." Here's video of Wang:

NBC New York reports that two teens, ages 15 and 17, were arrested and charges are pending. Wang also said, "They are young and have a lot of chances to do good. They can still turn their lives around. I wish only to get my iPhone back."
    He may not remember his kung fu, but at least he's forgiving.

Never stop practicing.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

I guess he never learned a cane form...
    "The true meaning of a given movement in a form is not its application, but rather the unlimited potential of the mind to provide muscular and skeletal support for that movement." Gregory Fong