Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Martial FAIL

Quote Originally Posted by boxerbilly View Post
    I wish that's what all my encounters would have been like.
    I suppose so, Billy. At least nobody in the vid got hurt.

My perception of this is that the taller guy was mostly 'having fun' and playing around at the shorter guy's expense, and the shorter guy was really ****ed about it and wanted to fight, but couldn't.

Karate Act by Sudarshana Deshapriya | Sri Lanka's Got Talent Audition 01

Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

A good way to poke out an eye...

Lawsuit: Sword-fighting student sues instructor for stabbing him in eye and brain
    Updated Sep 6, 9:54 AM; Posted Sep 5

A pair of swords is pictured on Swordguild Portland's Facebook page. It's unclear what type of sword Jeremiah DuPrau alleges he was injured with during a March 2017 class.

A photo on Swordguild Portland's Facebook page shows two dueling people. They are also shown wearing protective gear.

Another photo from the Facebook page shows two people in combat.
    By Aimee Green agreen@oregonian.com
    The Oregonian/OregonLive

A 35-year-old man who says he was stabbed in the eye by his instructor during a sword-fighting class at the Milwaukie Elks Lodge has filed a $9 million lawsuit against his instructor and the organization that offered the class.

Jeremiah DuPrau describes in his lawsuit how his life has been irreparably changed: The sword not only pierced his eye but also his brain and shattered the bones of his face.

He now is legally blind, unable to see through his right eye and retaining only some of his vision in his left, according to his attorney, John Coletti.

DuPrau’s lawsuit lists the instructor of his sword class, Jason Romandelle Brown, as a defendant along with Swordguild Portland and the Elks’ Milwaukie Portland Lodge No. 142 as defendants. Brown couldn’t be reached for comment.

Sia Rezvani, a Portland attorney for Swordguild Portland, declined comment because of the pending litigation. Thomas Rask, a Portland attorney for the Elks lodge, also declined comment because of the active litigation.

DuPrau's lawyer said his client was attending his third class as a beginner student on March 9, 2017. That's when the instructor called DuPrau over to use as a prop to demonstrate a move for the rest of the class and jutted the sword into DuPrau's eye, according to the lawsuit.

Coletti said Brown didn’t warn DuPrau to put on his protective headgear and face screen beforehand.

“He’s unable to drive, unable to ride his bike, unable to hike,” Coletti said of DuPrau. “He actually had to give his dog away because he was unable to take care of it.”

DuPrau suffered a stroke after the sword entered his brain -- leaving the left side of his body partially paralyzed and making walking and balance difficult, Coletti said.

DuPrau worked as an educational aide for Portland Public Schools, Coletti said. School district officials couldn’t immediately verify whether DuPrau was back at work.

Read the lawsuit, filed last week, here.

-- Aimee Green

agreen@oregonian.com

o_aimee
    THREADS:
    Martial FAIL
    European Martial Arts (Armored combat: HEMA, HMB, IMCF, SCA, et.al)
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Just one question...

...did her son tap?

Woman accused of using Jiu Jitsu move to get cellphone from son
    by Gary Detman, Kristen Chapman Wednesday, October 17th 2018
    Tracy Shelley is facing a charge of child abuse. (PBSO)

BOYNTON BEACH, Fla. (CBS12) — A woman from Boynton Beach is facing a child abuse charge after police say she used a martial arts move to take away her son's cellphone.

Tracy Shelley told police since she and her husband separated, her son has not been following the house rules and has been disrespectful at her home.

According to the police report, Shelley said she went to get his cellphone since he'd been using it for several hours. He refused to give it up. Shelley said she put him in a "submission" hold using a Jiu Jitsu move with both her arms around his head and neck. He gave up the phone and she released the hold.

Investigators said the boy claimed he never lost consciousness but had red marks on his neck.

Shelley is free on bond, per court records.

CBS12 News knocked on Shelley’s door, but no one answered.

Neighbors say Shelley is a very nice woman, and it must have been a misunderstanding.

The conflict has since sparked a conversation about parenting and where to draw the line.

“Boy, I’ve never heard of anything like that," said Vicki Shall, a mother of two. "I can see disciplining and taking the phone away, but past that, something's not right.”

"It [the arrest] sounds a little extreme," said Patricia Knobel, another parent. "Parents have a right to discipline their kids, but obviously without hurting them.”

CBS12 News has requested the 911 call from Boynton Beach Police.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Slightly OT

This isn't really a 'fail' per se. No style can really beat a gun, even in the hands of a 12-year-old.

Such a tragedy.

Texas Boy, 12, Allegedly Killed Professional Boxer After Breaking Into His Home

John VanMeter John VanMeter/Facebook

KAREN MIZOGUCHI January 24, 2019 05:20 PM
    A 12-year-old boy has been charged with capital murder in Texas in connection with the shooting death of a professional boxer.

The victim, 24-year-old John Duane VanMeter, was shot in his home Wednesday night, according to a statement from the Uvalde Police Department.

VanMeter’s girlfriend called 911 saying someone broke into his residence and shot him, authorities said. When officers arrived, VanMeter was found lying in the living room with a gunshot wound to the head.

The couple heard someone trying to kick in their door before VanMeter went to see what was going on, as reported by the Uvalde-Leader News. His girlfriend was in the bedroom when she heard a gunshot.

The young boxer, who was nicknamed “The California Kid,” was transported to a local hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

Witnesses told authorities that a male dressed in all black with a black bandana over his face was seen running from the home where VanMeter was shot.

John VanMeter John VanMeter/Facebook

VanMeter had been boxing since he was 10 and had been boxing professionally since 2015, according to the Leader-News.

The local Ortiz Boxing Gym mourned VanMeter’s death on Facebook.

“We are at a loss for words. It’s a sad sad night, not just for Tree City Boxing, but for our entire community. Please keep the VanMeters in your prayers,” the gym wrote along with a photo of VanMeter.

“[Our] deepest condolences go out to the Vanmeter family we lost not only a great boxer but also a great friend always willing to help out upcoming fighters Rest Easy Champ,” the gym said in another post along with a video of VanMeter training with a fellow boxer.

The suspect is being held at a juvenile detention facility. It is unclear if he has retained a lawyer who can comment on his behalf.

Under Texas law, children under the age of 14 cannot be tried as adults for first-degree felonies.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Karate Kid thief

WTH?

Police looking for ‘Karate Kid’ thief in South Carolina
    POSTED 1:01 PM, FEBRUARY 1, 2019, BY TRIBUNE MEDIA WIRE

(Swansea Police Department)

SWANSEA, S.C. — Police are trying to find a man with what they’re calling a “unique ritual he uses before he commits a larceny.”

The man, caught on camera taking a purse, appears to emulate a pose from the 1984 classic “The Karate Kid.”

“As you’ll see in the screen shots this subject likes to perform Mr Miyagi’s Crane Technique made famous by Daniel LaRusso in the All Valley Under 18 Karate Championship,” the Swansea Police Department wrote in a Facebook post.

The suspect is accused of stealing a purse from another vehicle at a BP gas station on Saturday.

(Swansea Police Department)

The police department also had a few notes they added as hashtags to the post: “Mr. Miyagi wouldn’t approve,” “Not the next Karate Kid” and “Don’t be ninjaing people that don’t need ninjaing.”

Police are asking anyone who knows the the man to contact the Swansea Police Department at (803) 568-3366, dispatch at (803) 785-2521, Midlands Crime Stoppers at 1-888-CRIME-SC or send them message over Facebook.

Swansea Police Department - "Home of the Tigers"
    on Tuesday
    The Swansea Police Department would like you help in identifying the subject pictured in the orange shirt. He stole a purse from another vehicle at the BP on 1-26-2019. He was driving a Black Toyota Tundra with a Paper Tag. He has a unique ritual he uses before he commits a larceny. As you'll see in the screen shots this subject likes to perform Mr Miyagi's Crane Technique made famous by Daniel LaRusso in the All Valley Under 18 Karate Championship. If you know this subject please contact Swansea Police Department at 803-568-3366, Dispatch at 803-785-2521, Midlands Crime Stoppers at 1-888-CRIME-SC, or send us a message.

#MrMiyagiWouldntApprove
    #NotTheNextKarateKid
    #DontBeNinjaingPeopleThatDontNeedNinjaing
    THREADS
    Martial FAIL
    The Karate Kid
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

fake mma news

You may have read about the alleged jogger that RNCed a mountain lion to death recently. Some MMA sites jumped on that: here &here - more if I search more.

Here's the real story.

Fri, Mar 01, 2019
    MOUNTAIN LION KILLED BY COLORADO RUNNER WITH BARE HANDS WAS A 'KITTEN' THREE TO FOUR MONTHS OLD
    BY ARISTOS GEORGIOU ON 3/1/19 AT 6:43 AM

Last month, Colorado trail runner Travis Kauffman killed a mountain lion with his bare hands after being attacked, in an incident that garnered widespread media attention.

Now, veterinarians from Colorado Parks and Wildlife (CWS) in Fort Collins have revealed the results of a necropsy, concluding that the animal in question was a juvenile or “kitten” likely aged between three and four months, The Coloradoan reported.

The vets estimated that the feline—which was probably male—would have weighed between 35 to 40 pounds when alive. However, the current weight of the body was around 24 pounds due to the fact it had been heavily scavenged.

The report suggests that the scavenging took place at or around the time of death, likely by other mountain lions that were its siblings—as evidenced by teeth marks on the bones.

Officials said they found abundant dried blood between the animal’s paw pads, as well as around its nose and mouth. It also had abrasions and bruising on the top of its head, nose and above the right eye. Meanwhile, its larynx and trachea showed signs of significant injury.

Despite these injuries and the scavenging, vets concluded that the animal was healthy and did not have any diseases when it died.

Kauffman, 31, was attacked by the lion on February 4 while running in Horsetooth Mountain Park.

“I heard some pine needles ruffle behind me and luckily I was able to actually turn my head and it was a mountain lion,” Kauffman told CWS. “One of my worst fears was confirmed and my heart sank into my stomach.”

“It kept approaching and lunged at me, so I threw my arms up and it latched onto my wrist, so I was kinda protecting my face,” he said. “Then It started clawing along my face and then my legs and I was just kinda screaming the whole time.”

Kauffman—who stands at five-feet-10 and weighs 150 pounds—then tried to throw the animal off him and a wrestling match ensued. Eventually, the 31-year-old managed to hit the lion on the head with a rock before stepping on its throat and killing it.

While the animal was described as a kitten, this simply means that it was not fully mature. Officials said the cat still posed a danger to Kauffman, so he was justified in defending himself.

Adult male mountain lions typically measure between 6 and 8 feet in length and normally weigh anywhere from 100 to 180 pounds, according to mountainlion.org. They are reclusive animals and tend to avoid humans, although attacks do happen on very rare occasions. In fact, they are becoming more frequent as humans increasingly encroach on their territory.

The U.S. Forest Service offers the following guidelines for staying safe in mountain lion country, as well as advice over what to do in the event of an encounter:

"Do not hike alone. Go in groups, with adults supervising children."
    "Avoid dawn and dusk excursions."
    "Keep children close to you. Animals seem especially drawn to children."
    "Pick up small children. The mountain lion will see small children as easier prey."
    "Do not approach a lion. Most mountain lions will try to avoid confrontation, so give them a way to escape."
    "Do not run from a lion. Running may stimulate a mountain lion's instinct to chase."
    "Do not crouch down or bend over. A human standing does not resemble a mountain lion's natural prey."
    "Do all you can to appear larger. Raise your arms. Open your jacket if you are wearing one. Wave your arms slowly and speak firmly in a loud voice."
    "Fight back if attacked. Mountain lions usually try to bite the head or neck; try to remain standing and face the attacking animal."
    mountain lion

Travis Kauffman was attacked by a mountain lion on February 4.
    ISTOCK

REQUEST REPRINT OR SUBMIT CORRECTION
    Ads by Revcontent
    Promoted Links
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    You may have read about the alleged jogger that RNCed a mountain lion to death recently. Some MMA sites jumped on that: here &here - more if I search more.

Here's the real story.
    I was wondering when BJJ/MMA pundits were going to jump on this one. When in reality it has absolutely nothing at all to do with Jiu-Jitsu or any MA, for that matter. It was simply instinctual survival. And he was extremely lucky that it was a kitten.

I am aware of situations in which people have used folding knives (in one instance, a Spyderco Caly 3 knife, and in another, a Buck 112 folding hunter) to kill mountain lions in defense of either themselves or others. And it usually happened while the mountain lion was pre-occupied with another person. But the idea of using MMA/BJJ to kill a wild, adult, attacking mountain lion is ridiculous, and the fact that some reported it as such shows a real lack of professional journalism. It could also potentially get someone maimed or killed out of over-confidence. It shows how far some people will go to try to confirm their own biases.
    Last edited by Jimbo; 03-01-2019 at 01:56 PM.

From hero to zero

It turns out that Colorado jogger strangled a 24-pound baby mountain lion that may have been orphaned and starving
    Aylin Woodward Mar. 1, 2019, 11:33 AM

Travis Kauffman responds to questions during a news conference in Fort Collins, Colorado, about his encounter with a mountain lion while jogging. AP Photo/David Zalubowski

On February 4, Travis Kauffman was jogging in Horsetooth Mountain Park in Colorado when he was attacked by a mountain lion.
    Kauffman managed to kill the animal by jamming his foot into the lion's neck, suffocating it, then hiked out to a nearby hospital.
    A final necropsy revealed that the mountain lion was only 3 or 4 months old and weighed 24 pounds.
    Human-mountain lion interactions are rare, but tend to occur when a lion is orphaned or gets pushed into the margins of its habitat by other adult males.
    When 31-year-old Travis Kauffman went to Horseshoe Mountain Park for a run on February 4, he didn't expect to fight for his life with a cougar.

Kauffman, who's 5-foot-10 and weighs 150 pounds, said at a press conference with Colorado Parks and Wildlife that he heard pine needles rustling on the trail behind him.

"I stopped and turned," he told KUNC radio, then realized that the sound had come from a mountain lion. The cat lunged, clamped its jaws on Kauffman's wrist, and clawed at his face and neck, Kauffman said.

After struggling with the animal, Kauffman told KUNC, he was able to pin the mountain lion's legs and get purchase on the cat's throat.

"I got my right foot onto its neck," he said. "And then I was able to get some weight onto its windpipe and that's what eventually suffocated it."

Wildlife officials recovered the animal's corpse after the incident, though the body had been cannibalized by other mountain lions, according to the Denver Post.

Officials initially guessed that the mountain lion weighed about 35 to 40 pounds and was a year old. But now, a final necropsy has revealed that the cat was even younger and smaller than those early estimates.

Colorado Parks and Wildlife veterinarians identified the dead lion as a "kitten" that weighed 24 pounds and was about 3 to 4 months old, according to the Coloradoan.

That information gives credence to a possible explanation for why this encounter happened: The young mountain lion may have been orphaned or starving, or both.

Why a mountain lion might attack a human

Mountain lions are ambush hunters; they wait in rocky crevices or vegetation for prey to skitter by, then pounce. They're known to hunt coyotes, raccoons, rodents, elk, feral hogs, and even porcupines. But human-mountain lion interactions are very rare. You are more likely to drown in your bathtub, be killed by a pet dog, or hit by lightning, according to the Mountain Lion Foundation.

"Lions hunt four-legged prey, and humans are not typically in their diet," Mike Porrass from Colorado Parks and Wildlife told the Denver Post.

Getting enough to eat can be challenging for juvenile lions, though. Dominant males may kill young lions that enter their territories, so juveniles sometimes have to eke out a living in marginal habitats, according to the National Park Service. That can lead them to starve, perhaps getting hungry enough to risk a confrontation with humans.

Mountain lion attacks on livestock or pets usually involve a hungry juvenile that has been pushed into a marginal habitat.

"Evidence shows that the hungrier an animal is, not just a mountain lion but other animals too, the more likely it is to hunt in a suburban area," Mark Elbroch, director of the puma program at Panthera, a wild-cat conservation organization, told INSIDER.

Where was mom?

The primary factor that helps young mountain lions avoid conflict and starvation is the same as that of many other animals: a mother.

Mountain lions, like all big cats, have a learning period to develop the requisite skills for killing or subduing prey. The largest cats have the longest learning curve, Elbroch said — "that's one of the reasons they stay with their moms the longest."

According to the National Park Service, mountain lions become capable hunters at six months, but remain with their mother for another year after that, finally leaving at 18 months to fend for themselves. Cougars any younger than that are generally still being taught what is and isn't cougar prey.

So this cat shouldn't have been hunting alone.

Mountain lions typically eat elk, raccoons, and porcupines, not humans.KRO-Media via Flickr

"Regardless of whether it's six months or a year old, it should be with mom," Elbroch told INSIDER before the animal's age was confirmed. That's why his first question after news of the encounter emerged was, "was it with mom?"

During the fight, Kauffman said, he was waiting for other cats to burst through the trees and join in, but none came.

Wildlife officials set up cameras in the area where Kauffman and the kitten tussled, but they never saw a mother lion.

Instead, the cameras helped them notice two other young mountain lions lurking nearby.

Officers caught these other mountain lions, which are thought to be the dead kitten's siblings, with the intent of rehabilitating and returning them to the wild, the Denver Post reported.

An encounter with a bigger mountain lion could have been worse
    Elbroch noted another instance in which a young mountain lion was observed to be fending for itself without a mother. That cat wound up significantly undersized by the time it was one year old.

"This lion was orphaned as a youngster and had a starvation period," he said of that case. "It stunted her growth."

The lion that attacked Kauffman may have faced a similar struggle, Elbroch said. A comparable hypothesis was also floated last year to explain why two bikers in Washington state were attacked by a mountain lion.

But in the case of the year-old undersized mountain lion, Elbroch noted, the cat never went near anything as big as a human.

"She only went for a porcupine, and it killed her," he said.

If the Colorado attack had involved an older or larger mountain lion, Elbroch added, it would have been harder for Kauffman to fend it off because the animal would have been "a lot heavier and a heck of a lot stronger."

But an adult would not have been any more skilled or efficient at attacking a human.

"No mountain lion has practice hunting people," Elbroch said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo View Post
    I was wondering when BJJ/MMA pundits were going to jump on this one. When in reality it has absolutely nothing at all to do with Jiu-Jitsu or any MA, for that matter. It was simply instinctual survival. And he was extremely lucky that it was a kitten.
    Right? From badass MMA fighter mountain man to kitten killer.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

I have this morbid curiosity to see a vid of this 'karate'

Woman does karate, son gets naked, dog steals cornbread at Walmart, police say
    by JACK HELEAN, WPMI Saturday, April 13th 2019

Woman does karate, son gets naked, dog steals cornbread at Walmart, police say (img: Eau Claire Police Department)

EAU CLAIRE, WI (WPMI) - Lisa Smith, 46, and her 25-year-old son Benny Vann are under arrest after causing a scene at a Walmart this week, according to Wisconsin police.

The Eau Claire Police Department even said their dog Bo was in on the action.

Officers said the woman brought the dog into the store without a leash and Bo was running freely around the store, which prompted other customers to call police.

Reportedly, Bo got a box of Jiffy Cornbread Muffin Mix and tried to leave the store.

When officers responded they said they arrived to find Smith tearing apart displays at the store and after they finally got her outside, she began doing karate moves in the parking lot. Meanwhile, Vann allegedly stripped off all his clothes inside the Walmart and exposed himself to to the other customers.

Officers were able to subdue and arrest Smith, however she allegedly kicked out a patrol car window once she was in the backseat.

Police said Vann van tried to cover himself up with clothes from the Walmart racks when officers arrived, unfortunately for him it's considered shoplifting if you don't pay for them.

When officers approached him, Vann allegedly attempted to run them over in a motorized scooter. However they were able to stop the scooter and arrested him.

Vann has been charged with lewd and lascivious behavior, disorderly conduct and retail theft.

Smith is charged with disorderly conduct, resisting arrest and misdemeanor bail jumping.

Police did not charge Bo. He was let off with a warning.
    Good for Bo?
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

She's only 46? Holy crap. I would've guessed she was over 70.

Then again, drug addicts tend to age badly.
    Last edited by Jimbo; 04-16-2019 at 10:10 AM.

Don't threaten...

Do. Or do not. There is no threaten...

Joliet Man, 68, Tasered After He Threatens Martial Arts: Police
    Leon Williams was also incarcerated in the Will County Jail for eight days in October, jail logs show.
    By John Ferak, Patch Staff
    Verified Patch Staff Badge
    Nov 2, 2020 10:45 am CT

Leon Williams of Joliet was arrested again. (Mugshot via Joliet Police Department )

JOLIET, IL — Joliet police used a Taser to subdue 68-year-old Leon Williams on Saturday afternoon after police say he touched a woman inside the Dunkin' restaurant on South Larkin Avenue and then threatened to use martial arts moves on Joliet officers responding to the call.

In the end, officers hauled Williams away in handcuffs, charging him with battery, criminal trespass to property, two counts of obstructing a peace officer, aggravated assault, possession of drug paraphernalia and disorderly conduct.

Williams was ultimately released by police on an I-bond, reports show.

Saturday's incident occurred around 12:40 p.m. in the unit block of South Larkin Avenue.

"Officers learned that Williams had entered the store and approached a female customer from behind and grabbed her shoulders," police reports reveal. "Officers repeatedly requested Williams leave the store and he refused. Williams became belligerent and threatened to use martial arts moves on the officers."

When Joliet police tried to remove Williams from the store, he struggled with them and officers used their Taser to subdue him, reports show.

The Taser was effective and Williams was taken away without any more problems, police said.

However, "officers recovered a pipe used for smoking drugs in a coat pocket of Williams. Williams was transported to the Joliet Police Department for booking of the above charges," reports reflect.

According to the Will County Jail logs, Williams was in custody from Oct. 6 until Oct. 14 after Joliet police arrested him on charges of retail theft, possession of drug paraphernalia and criminal trespass to land.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

Slightly OT

A cautionary tale too amusing not to post somewhere on our forum here.

‘Watched too many kung fu films’: man in China who tried to suck girlfriend’s stray cat wound clean needs rabies jab, landed with costly medical bill
    Impulsive student takes dangerous course of action after girlfriend scratched by stray cat
    Doctors say move to suck poison from wound was misguided, left him exposed to serious threat of rabies
    Yating Yang

Published: 2:00pm, 20 Oct, 2023

A brave yet misguided man in China has been left with a huge medical bill – and become the subject of amusement online – after he tried to suck the poison from a wound inflicted on his girlfriend by a stray cat.

The young man, identified as Jia, undertook the dangerous course of action on October 14 when his girlfriend was scratched by the cat.

On impulse, and taking his cue from snake bite scenes he had watched in TV dramas, Jia, who is a university student in Nanchang, Jiangxi province in southeastern China, proceeded to try to suck the wound clean.

In an interview with Litchi News, Jia said: “Because she’s my girlfriend, I felt heartache. I had the idea that we should share blessings and difficulties in our relationship.

The foolhardy boyfriend saw the wound and immediately tried to suck it clean. Photo: Weibo
    “So I thought I could suck out the poison for her. Little did I know it would turn out to be as dangerous as the doctor later explained.”

Jia was later informed that his actions had exposed him to a Level Three threat of rabies, the most dangerous level.

He and his girlfriend were given a costly vaccine cocktail which included anti-rabies medicine and immunoglobulin.

His medical bill for the rabies jab and the immunoglobulin came to 1,116 yuan (US$153). The total cost for both he and his girlfriend was more.

Jia was able to see the funny side though, he said: “Just one lick from my mouth cost me 1,500 yuan!”

Chi Yun, Director of the Infectious Diseases Department II at Tangshan Branch of The Second Hospital of Nanjing, said: “This rabies virus binds to nerve cells, so the more abundant the nerve cells in the exposed area, the higher the risk of infection. Areas like the lips and fingertips, among others, have rich nerve endings.”

She advised against using the mouth to clean wounds and recommended rinsing the injury with clean water if soap is unavailable. A rabies jab is crucial to effect recovery.

This story has caught the imagination of online observers.

One person quipped: “He must have watched too many Chinese kung fu movies and assumed he could suck out the poison with his mouth.”

Medical experts have warned that sucking or licking a wound inflicted by a stray cat carries a serious risk of contracting the deadly rabies virus. Photo: Weibo
    “Let’s clarify that using your mouth to suck out venom after a snakebite is also counterproductive. The person doing the sucking might end up getting poisoned and the one who was bitten might not die,” another person added.

A third commented: “This guy truly loves his girlfriend, but he’s a bit lacking in common sense.”

“I understand that people in love might have their intelligence temporarily blocked,” said another.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips