Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Burning Palm Kung Fu - Sifu Garry Hearfield

Quote Originally Posted by lungyuil View Post
    Dark Chi,
    I am a student of Sifu Garry. People who know him know his skill and how real it is. He has been in kickboxing tournaments and won. he has been in Judo tournaments and placed in the top 2.

His skill is very real as is his fighting prowess. We train to fight and we train to heal. Thanks
    Knowing what a private person Sify Garry is I know this'll never happen, but it'd be great to see some footage of his tournament fighting. I think he may be one of the rare people who uses his kung fu, not san da/kickboxing, successfully in tournaments. How many other people do you see out there competing that you can instantly tell what style they practice from seeing them fight?
    I was on the metro earlier, deep in meditation, when a ruffian came over and started causing trouble. He started pushing me with his bag, steadily increasing the force until it became very annoying. When I turned to him, before I could ask him to stop, he immediately started hurling abuse like a scoundrel. I performed a basic chin na - carotid artery strike combination and sent him to sleep. The rest of my journey was very peaceful, and passersby hailed me as a hero - Warrior Man

Quote Originally Posted by Faruq View Post
    Knowing what a private person Sify Garry is I know this'll never happen, but it'd be great to see some footage of his tournament fighting. I think he may be one of the rare people who uses his kung fu, not san da/kickboxing, successfully in tournaments. How many other people do you see out there competing that you can instantly tell what style they practice from seeing them fight?
    Oh, I think I'd like to hear about the kickboxing tournaments, what more can you tell?
    Guangzhou Pak Mei Kung Fu School, Sydney Australia,
    Sifu Leung, Yuk Seng
    Established 1989, Glebe Australia

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Chi View Post
    LOL i thinks she was being nice about your open chakra on the top of your head (bald patch,you know what they say about baldoes.......)
    Ay ya Hing dai....It was more fun when she traced them out with her hands...
    Sifu Leung, Yuk Seng

Quote Originally Posted by Yum Cha View Post
    Ay ya Hing dai....It was more fun when she traced them out with her hands...
    LOL you moa gau chore-aaa sin sang!

Oh, I think I'd like to hear about the kickboxing tournaments, what more can you tell?
    You'd have to ask lungyuil. But hell Yum Cha, you live in Oz! You can be a spectator in the tournaments live in person, lol!

You'd have to ask lungyuil. But hell Yum Cha, you live in Oz! You can be a spectator in the tournaments live in person, lol!
    Yea, you are making a good point there...
    Sifu Leung, Yuk Seng

Faruq.
    This is from Sifu Garry.
    At 15yrs of age won the Hapkido Association middle weight division all belts upto black belts. Then left started Yau Kung Mun Kung Fu,at the same time studying under Sifu John Suttle (Was the Aust Kung Fu and Kickboxing full contact champion). John Suttle was a Red Sash teacher under Wong Cheung Leung Wing Chun. His teacher was Barry Lee.

Sifu Garry had his first full contact kickboxing fight under the Australian Kung Fu and Wu Shu federation at 16yrs old and never fought under the Australian Traditional Chinese Martial Arts Association held by President Leung Cheung.

From 16yrs upto 22yrs Sifu Garry fought 8 fights losing only 1 of those at age 16yrs.
    The one fight he lost, he was 16yrs old and the opponent was 24yrs old.

Upto a couple of yrs ago, Sifu Garry after only 3months of Judo, went into the South Coast Championships (one of the biggest Tournaments in the southern region) came in second in his weight division and then was asked to enter the 100 kilo and over (open division). In this he got 3rd place beating a black belt in the finals.

He is continually refining his fighting style based on his systems.

Now for you Matthew (Yum Cha),
    Please post your fighting Bio and please don't exaggerate this as I have it all on tape given to me by Sifu Leung Cheung. IF you would like I can post your awesome fighting and fitness display here for all of KFO to see that you talk yourself up and say how much of a good fighter you were.
    "Was it the red or the blue bandana that fell off your baldy head??" LOL.

I think you won the fight only because the light was shining off your big bald head.. LMAO..

Faruq.
    This is from Sifu Garry.
    At 15yrs of age won the Hapkido Association middle weight division all belts upto black belts. Then left started Yau Kung Mun Kung Fu,at the same time studying under Sifu John Suttle (Was the Aust Kung Fu and Kickboxing full contact champion). John Suttle was a Red Sash teacher under Wong Cheung Leung Wing Chun. His teacher was Barry Lee.

Sifu Garry had his first full contact kickboxing fight under the Australian Kung Fu and Wu Shu federation at 16yrs old and never fought under the Australian Traditional Chinese Martial Arts Association held by President Leung Cheung.

From 16yrs upto 22yrs Sifu Garry fought 8 fights losing only 1 of those at age 16yrs.

Upto a couple of yrs ago, Sifu Garry after only 3months of Judo, went into the South Coast Championships (one of the biggest Tournaments in the southern region) came in second in his weight division and then was asked to enter the 100 kilo and over (open division). In this he got 3rd place beating a black belt in the finals.

Please post your fighting Bio and please don't exaggerate this as I have it all on tape given to me by Sifu Leung Cheung. IF you would like I can post your awesome fighting and fitness display here for all of KFO to see that you talk yourself up and say how much of a good fighter you were.

I think you won the fight only because the light was shining off your big bald head.. LMAO..
    LOL a challenge on a forum? never seen this before,lol I'm excited.

Faruq.
    This is from Sifu Garry.

Yeah, Sifu Garry is a fuggin' warrior!!! I wish he or Buby'd put fighting kung fu style rather than kickboxing on a DVD for me so I could see how it's done, lol. I know Sifu Garry makes you work for his knowledge though. So I won't be getting any DVDs any time soon, lol.

Yeah, Sifu Garry is a fuggin' warrior!!! I wish he or Buby'd put fighting kung fu style rather than kickboxing on a DVD for me so I could see how it's done, lol. I know Sifu Garry makes you work for his knowledge though. So I won't be getting any DVDs any time soon, lol.
    Mr Faruq I doubt they give their art away for free.its ashame I too would love to see but I won't
    Be paying for it,the reason is no MA is worth paying for imo.

I also find it strange that Mr Gary uses one of his students to post, only that it messes the students Individuality.
    Last edited by Dark Chi; 09-25-2011 at 12:16 AM. Reason: spelling from mobile phone

Faruq.
    This is from Sifu Garry.

Travis, right?
    Ok, you put me in a difficult position...

You see, I started training with your Si Gung when I was one of those guys that was primarily a Tae Kwon Do guy, with '3 months' of this and that over about 10 or more years. After a couple of years of full contact training with Cheung Leung and fighting with Adrian, Eduardo, Donnie, and Sam, (you know Sam, right?) it got me to a second place in the NSW State Championships.
    Each of those guys was a champion, some several years running. My blood was on the walls of that Kwoon, and so was a little trophy, up amongst dozens of others, some of them a lot bigger. I earned that by taking a beating 5 nights a week from big heavyweights down to squirly lightweights, the tournament itself was easy. Now, I was there with a bunch of great lads, guys I still see every New Year, James, Valient, Ming, Herman, Uncle Kit and the rest of them, and I still pay my respects. I trained with those guys until the kwoon closed its doors. You can understand how it would be really offensive of someone who wasn't there sweating and bleeding 5 nights a week for club honour was saying that they were? As for Gazza's achievements, well, they speak for themselves.

While I don't expect you to understand, honour, brotherhood and tradition. I'll cut to the chase, You think there's anything on that 25 year old tape of me, with 2 years experience, bleeding the Pak Hok guy for a win is something that would embarrass me?
    Just the opposite Peaches, that's gold, probably something as dear to me as anything out there, I've been looking for that tape for a long time. I only ever saw it once, got my 5 minutes with Cheung Leung, and I remember the big lesson I got from it.

So, instead of dropping me an email saying, 'Hey Uncle Matty, I got some vid of you back in the day, wanna copy?' and earning my friendship, gratitude and respect, yet still getting the chance to gig me for laughs, man to man, instead you choose to taunt me with this online in public, and you know I like to keep it private.

You make your choices I guess. You can join Kyle in the 'Pests from Gary" club.
    Sifu Leung, Yuk Seng

Travis, right?
    Ok, you put me in a difficult position...

You see, I started training with your Si Gung when I was one of those guys that was primarily a Tae Kwon Do guy, with '3 months' of this and that over about 10 or more years. After a couple of years of full contact training with Cheung Leung and fighting with Adrian, Eduardo, Donnie, and Sam, (you know Sam, right?) it got me to a second place in the NSW State Championships.
    Each of those guys was a champion, some several years running. My blood was on the walls of that Kwoon, and so was a little trophy, up amongst dozens of others, some of them a lot bigger. I earned that by taking a beating 5 nights a week from big heavyweights down to squirly lightweights, the tournament itself was easy. Now, I was there with a bunch of great lads, guys I still see every New Year, James, Valient, Ming, Herman, Uncle Kit and the rest of them, and I still pay my respects. I trained with those guys until the kwoon closed its doors. You can understand how it would be really offensive of someone who wasn't there sweating and bleeding 5 nights a week for club honour was saying that they were? As for Gazza's achievements, well, they speak for themselves.

While I don't expect you to understand, honour, brotherhood and tradition. I'll cut to the chase, You think there's anything on that 25 year old tape of me, with 2 years experience, bleeding the Pak Hok guy for a win is something that would embarrass me?
    Just the opposite Peaches, that's gold, probably something as dear to me as anything out there, I've been looking for that tape for a long time. I only ever saw it once, got my 5 minutes with Cheung Leung, and I remember the big lesson I got from it.

So, instead of dropping me an email saying, 'Hey Uncle Matty, I got some vid of you back in the day, wanna copy?' and earning my friendship, gratitude and respect, yet still getting the chance to gig me for laughs, man to man, instead you choose to taunt me with this online in public, and you know I like to keep it private.

You make your choices I guess. You can join Kyle in the 'Pests from Gary" club.
    Peaches LOL I just love it,so funny and well written Dai Lo,Dai Lo Yum cha.
    So much History.

People....can't we just all get along?

Matt,

I have no problem with you, and I never have. Please do not bring me into this. If I am a pest for telling the truth about whatever comes up, so be it.

We are from the same style, same country, and same many things...We should be able to communicate. I will be in Oz next year. We can discuss whatever issues then. I have grown old, and I despise empty talk. Man to man, private...much better.

By the way, I saw the tape mentioned. You went the distance and won. Your style was raw. I know you have improved very much since then, but you did good anyways...That is all that matters.

Cheers,

Kyle

"Peaches..."

Muahaha GOLD!!
    Supporter: The Australasian Martial Arts & Self Defence Forums - http://www.OzMAForums.com