Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Money,Money,Money must be funny.

I don't charge because I wasn't charged and I don't have to make a living from it. If I had to pay rent I would charge, simple as that. The best reason for not receiving money is that I don't have to be beholden to anyone to reciprocate. I don't become a hired servant.
    "Look, I'm only doing me job. I have to show you how to defend yourself against fresh fruit."

For it breeds great perfection, if the practise be harder then the use. Sir Francis Bacon

the world has a surplus of self centered sh1twh0res, so anyone who extends compassion to a stranger with sincerity is alright in my book. also people who fondle road kill. those guys is ok too. GunnedDownAtrocity

I seem to remember in Tae Kwon Do, after a certain level, maybe red or black, you didn't pay fees anymore, the thinking being, that was your compensation for teaching so much of the class.

I wonder if that de-motivated any of the black belts?

I think that issues of liability change with a non commercial school. No different than a bunch of guys playing soccer in the park.
    Guangzhou Pak Mei Kung Fu School, Sydney Australia,
    Sifu Leung, Yuk Seng
    Established 1989, Glebe Australia

Quote Originally Posted by jdhowland View Post
    I don't charge because I wasn't charged and I don't have to make a living from it. If I had to pay rent I would charge, simple as that. The best reason for not receiving money is that I don't have to be beholden to anyone to reciprocate. I don't become a hired servant.
    this man has honr

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by Yum Cha View Post
    I seem to remember in Tae Kwon Do, after a certain level, maybe red or black, you didn't pay fees anymore, the thinking being, that was your compensation for teaching so much of the class.

I think that issues of liability change with a non commercial school. No different than a bunch of guys playing soccer in the park.
    Interesting Thanks Mr Yum cha

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    this man has honr
    Been looking through Youtube again and you know what dawned on me?
    I could teach my art for alot of money AND con the hell out of poeple,and I mean filthy rich..........hmmm?

LOL who want in??? Just jking

That would spoil the art even worse, lol! You want to be the Sifu known for having the most students who are competent and duplicate his success. Then you'll be unique!
    I was on the metro earlier, deep in meditation, when a ruffian came over and started causing trouble. He started pushing me with his bag, steadily increasing the force until it became very annoying. When I turned to him, before I could ask him to stop, he immediately started hurling abuse like a scoundrel. I performed a basic chin na - carotid artery strike combination and sent him to sleep. The rest of my journey was very peaceful, and passersby hailed me as a hero - Warrior Man

Quote Originally Posted by Yum Cha View Post

That was the case with me.
    It become my responsibility to teach kids classes and to warm-up or teach the adult classes.
    It was a learning process for me and helped my MA very, very much.
    I also felt even MORE obligated to be better.
    That I was paying for MA training never motivated me any more or less, that's just not me.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by Faruq View Post
    That would spoil the art even worse, lol! You want to be the Sifu known for having the most students who are competent and duplicate his success. Then you'll be unique!
    Mr Faruq you'd be the first on my hit list lol

$9999 please ka-ching lol

Quote Originally Posted by jdhowland View Post
    Very nice and Pure hearted.

What do you think Mr Faruq?

Harry Ng had 2 levels of students. The ones that took care of him as a father and the ones that took care of him as a master.

Once these teachers have a core of students, examples to follow, they tend not to worry too much about money. Their students worried for them.

There is also teachers out there know that their skill are high enough, that they know their students will never catch up to them. Why hold back and why charge for learning basics.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Chi View Post
    Very nice and Pure hearted.

What do you think Mr Faruq?
    My humble opinion is that that is how it should be. It says on Mike Doucet's web site that Pak Mei masters are business owners who happen to be masters of Pak Mei. They don't make their living from Pak Mei. You have said this a few times here already as well, Mr Dark Chi (you'd be a real-life version of Jason Bourne/Matt Damon, kicking butt and taking names all over!!!).

My humble opinion is that that is how it should be. It says on Mike Doucet's web site that Pak Mei masters are business owners who happen to be masters of Pak Mei. They don't make their living from Pak Mei. You have said this a few times here already as well, Mr Dark Chi (you'd be a real-life version of Jason Bourne/Matt Damon, kicking butt and taking names all over!!!).
    Who is Jason Bourne/Matt Damon?
    Is he filthy rich from teaching KF? Yes I could be that!!! (dreams of lots of Gold coins dropping from heaven)
    Never mind I'll Google him.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Chi View Post
    Who is Jason Bourne/Matt Damon?
    Is he filthy rich from teaching KF? Yes I could be that!!! (dreams of lots of Gold coins dropping from heaven)
    Never mind I'll Google him.
    No, he's a spy that uses his CIA combat techniques in his movies to effortlessly mow down the dozens of foreign operatives that relentlessly come at him (in the movies of course).

No, he's a spy that uses his CIA combat techniques in his movies to effortlessly mow down the dozens of foreign operatives that relentlessly come at him (in the movies of course).
    Oh right, so many movies to watch.............sigh

No need to watch the movie. You've got the moves he uses in real life! Better ones I'm sure, in fact!