Thread: Devil's Flower praying mantis

Devil's Flower praying mantis

No, not another mantis lineage.

For all you mantids out there: http://www.newscientist.com/blogs/ns...les-human.html

this is why I love and teach praying mantis, what a bad ass insect
    KUNG FU USA
    www.eightstepkungfu.com
    Teaching traditional Ba Bu Tang Lang (Eight Step Praying Mantis)
    Jin Gon Tzu Li Gung (Medical) Qigong
    Wu style Taiji Chuan

Teacher always told his students, "You need to have Wude, patient, tolerance, humble, ..." When he died, his last words to his students was, "Remember that the true meaning of TCMA is fierce, poison, and kill."

"Typically, a mantis protects itself by mimicking its surroundings."

maybe this is the behavior the person or people who developed the Mantis style wanted humans to emulate?

Stay out of trouble and be invisible. "when looked for, cannot be seen"

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    ok, let's start the clock. How long before someone shows up as the lineage bearer of Devil's Flower Mantis?
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Devils Flower PM Time Line:

Sum Dum Goy(though some claim that SDG never existed and that it was Dr. Fu Manchu who started the thing back in da day boieeeeee!!)------>Egg Foo Young-------->Pe King Duck----------> Wan Hung Lo--------->King Kong Dong-------------------->Charlie Chan(chinese name: Cha Lie Chan) and his kung fu brother the venerable Su Kong Dai Djin(wolfman face--this is where there is a break in the lineage..Su Kong Dai Djin became the 10th grandmaster of Shaolin where he started the Devils Flower Preying mantis school of Shao-Lin Do) whereas Cha Lie Chan became a famous movie actor.

Cha Lie Chan then sent his students to Su Kong Dai Djin who after a hefty initiation of 4,000 USD per hour and a partial payment of their house and car, accepted them as a student.

Su Kong was rumored to teach the lethal Devils Flower PM Shao-Lin Do style to Iron Kim who founded the Devils Flower(8 styles of Devils Flower PM Shao-Lin Do taught as one) school of Oom Young Devils Flower Do Preying mantis style.

The lethal Oom Young Do Devils Flower Preying mantis is taught in seclusion by a guy named Lenny who lives with his mom and is 58 years old. The fact that he lives in his basement is a front..there is a hidden temple just behind his bookcase. If a 1977 issue of "Hustler" is pulled from the shelf..the "training hall of death, pain and horror" opens for all those deemed worthy(in this case..those who pay the 4K per hour, the house and car too).

The end?

I don't want to come across like I am taking a swipe..

BUT..

I don't know what the F--k that even is!!

It starts out looking like some deformed Sil Lum Tao in Wing Chun and from there?

With the exception that whoever is doing the "form" holds the mantis claw in what seems to be an acceptable position..

There are only one or two moves that look even remotely mantis like!

Was this post of this supposed "secret" and "mystic" lineage of "devils flower" mantis a joke?

I know my comical post above was part caffeine induced and part sleep deprivation...

But that form is almost an insult..unless it was a "drunken" form. More like "mantis on PCP and acid"..
    Last edited by LaterthanNever; 09-23-2011 at 11:03 PM.

This was off of the devils hand page. Interesting.

I think it would, in keeping with another thread that has been started, be great if at the end of this vid a monkey jumps in, picks of the coconut and breaks it on the rock it was sitting on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieB8I...eature=related

Not picking on the guys in the vid, I understand what they were working on. but, just coming across it randomly on you tube......

"I think it would, in keeping with another thread that has been started, be great if at the end of this vid a monkey jumps in, picks of the coconut and breaks it on the rock it was sitting on."

And I think it would be a fine idea if that clip was never posted.

An idea for Gene Ching: Could an additional forum be created entitled something like--"Joke styles--that noone takes seriously"--

Oh the number of styles to laugh at would probably number near 100!

Quote Originally Posted by mantid1 View Post
    This was off of the devils hand page. Interesting.

I think it would, in keeping with another thread that has been started, be great if at the end of this vid a monkey jumps in, picks of the coconut and breaks it on the rock it was sitting on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieB8I...eature=related

Not picking on the guys in the vid, I understand what they were working on. but, just coming across it randomly on you tube......
    Whether these guys have a legit style or not, they certainly know how to make a good promotional video.
    Last edited by mooyingmantis; 09-24-2011 at 06:53 PM.
    Richard A. Tolson
    https://www.patreon.com/mantismastersacademy

There are two types of Chinese martial artists. Those who can fight and those who should be teaching dance or yoga!

53 years of training, 43 years of teaching and still aiming for perfection!

Recovering Forms Junkie! Even my twelve step program has four roads!

" Whether these guys have a legit still or not, they certainly know how to make a good promotional video."

Yep..and in the good ole USA..it's all about self promotion..shameless or not

Quote Originally Posted by LaterthanNever View Post
    " Whether these guys have a legit style or not, they certainly know how to make a good promotional video."

Yep..and in the good ole USA..it's all about self promotion..shameless or not
    The fact is, all of life is about self-promotion. Those who know how to promote themselves will be seen as "experts" whether they deserve the title or not. Others who deserve the title of "expert" or "master" yet do not know how to promote themselves often fall into oblivion. I have seen this in the workplace, ministry and martial arts. It's just how life works.
    Richard A. Tolson
    https://www.patreon.com/mantismastersacademy

There are two types of Chinese martial artists. Those who can fight and those who should be teaching dance or yoga!

53 years of training, 43 years of teaching and still aiming for perfection!

Recovering Forms Junkie! Even my twelve step program has four roads!