Thread: CACC seminar with billy Robinson

CACC seminar with billy Robinson

so still recovering from a three hour seminar with CACC legend Billy Robinson last night, thought id do a quick write up for anyone interested

Tthe emphasis was on basics, stance, footwork (the pivot especially) and the double wrist lock. He showed the importance of hand fighting to start with, then moved into how to set up several different throws using the pivot footwork, then moved onto the correct way to use the double wrist lock, how to set it up standing, how to use it to set up a throw and how to finish it on the ground (he also covered several neck cranks both standing and on the ground).

I was impressed with how complete the grappling art he teaches is, we only covered a very small part of it but his demo at the end showing correct rides, how to deal with the turtle position, how to sit out and counter a sit out, how to stand correctly were impressive and showed me theres more to his CACC than just leglocks and pain holds, indeed he didnt even cover leglocks lol

On a personal note i dont think ive met anyone who knows the human body quite like he does, he certainly has a wealth of knowledge when it comes to grappling

right back to the rugby world cup

Thanks

Interesting information, it sounds like you had a great time....

Oh and did you see Ireland win today ;' )

We on the other hand got slaughtered :' (

R

just finished watching the irish now, normally i dont cheer for them but on this ocasion....

lol thought you were on about Canada for a minute then, take it you didnt do to well today, well thats what you get for being an omega male