We had a Real Steel thread - Real Steel: Robot MMA, posted 05-26-2011, 09:24 AM by Xiao3 Meng4, but XM deleted it after about a month. And it didn't even become a flame war. I could revive it, but only if XM is okay with that. Otherwise, we'll just start from here.

Hugh Jackman in Cleveland: Actor talks up 'Real Steel' at WWE's live event
Published: Tuesday, September 20, 2011, 7:30 AM Updated: Tuesday, September 20, 2011, 10:31 AM
By Clint O'Connor, The Plain Dealer

So Hugh Jackman has finally reached the big time – announcing wrestling. In Cleveland.

Caught up with the ridiculously handsome -- and fit -- actor in the lower level of the Q before he headed out to be part of WWE's Monday Night Raw live event on USA Network. He's actually promoting "Real Steel," his new boxing-robots movie, which opens Oct. 7.

Jackman is a very friendly guy -- those **** Australians are such great company, always smiling. As a teenager, he was a wrestling fan, so he was psyched about his live appearance.

"Here's the deal," Jackman said. "When I was 17, 18, I watched some of these guys, Hulk Hogan, King Kong Bundy. My mates and I bought tickets and went to see them in Sydney when they brought the WWF stars there. It was WWF back then. I was a huge fan. I got so into the theater of it. It was fun."

He was jazzed to be a part of it at the Q. "I know, in terms of my mates growing up, forget hosting the Oscars. This is it. Now I've made it. My mates from high school will be well-impressed." It was the actor's first visit here.

"This is my first time in Cleveland," he said. "I'm excited to be here. It's a big sports town, I know."

"Real Steel" is a fun film with broad appeal. It co-stars Evangeline Lilly, Dakota Goyo and Anthony Mackie. Jackman's boxing coach for the film: Sugar Ray Leonard.

We'll be back with more of our conversation with Hugh about the film and his upcoming projects (coming in The Plain Dealer and on cleveland.com).