Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Iron palm

Quote Originally Posted by Grumblegeezer View Post
    Now, now Kevin, it wasn't photoshopped. There wasn't any photoshop program available back when that picture was made. Rather it was painstakingly faked by hand. I know, many years ago I was a "disciple" of that guy and he told me about it!

BTW in spite of all that sifu's personal shortcomings, he had a very sophisticated understanding of WC (by whatever spelling you choose). That's something I don't expect you to believe, but it's true.
    okay so they used scissors and elmers glue...

BTW in spite of all that sifu's personal shortcomings, he had a very sophisticated understanding of WC (by whatever spelling you choose). That's something I don't expect you to believe, but it's true.
    I don't believe it either!!

G

There are many different types of Iron Palm both internal and external.
    If you practice tai chi you can develop internal iron palm as well.

As for 100 lessons that is probably very expensi.

like all things opinions vary
    the main thing should be to practice and not hurt yourself to build up the energy overtime so you can focus it.

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    that is why having a good Sifu makes all the difference in the world. The forms don't have everything. Knowing the kuen-kuit doesn't teach you. Many things are passed down through the individual teachings of the Sifu.
    And that depends on his own level of understanding.
    This is why we see so many bad WCK people, bad Hung-Gar people, bad SPM people, bad Kenpo..bad karate...
    so many "Masters," and so few real gems.
    This is also why TCMA gets a bad rap.
    Exactly my point! Good post
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    that is why having a good Sifu makes all the difference in the world. The forms don't have everything. Knowing the kuen-kuit doesn't teach you. Many things are passed down through the individual teachings of the Sifu.
    And that depends on his own level of understanding.
    This is why we see so many bad WCK people, bad Hung-Gar people, bad SPM people, bad Kenpo..bad karate...
    so many "Masters," and so few real gems.
    This is also why TCMA gets a bad rap.
    It's not only a good Teacher that is necessary, it is a good student!!!

The Kuen Kuit is nonsense and is worshipped by stupids!

Bad people survive in all walks of life not just TCMA. It's normal.

GH

Quote Originally Posted by Graham H View Post

.......The Kuen Kuit is nonsense and is worshipped by stupids!......
    GH
    Oh boy, when you think that this forum holds no more surprises....

GH
    A good student is def important, but at the same time, if the Sifu's teaching or quality is not that good then even the best efforts from the most dedicated student can end up going to waste, imho.

I'm not sure why you'd think the Kuen Kit is nonsense. The majority of it is not even anything abstract or hard to believe (and i say "most" because i know some people dont appreciate anything which talks about internal energy or chi), it's pretty much just good ideas and concepts to remember about Ving Tsun and it's applications (whether in combat or other aspects of life).

But I'd also say that the value of the Kuen Kit is related to and dependent on the understanding and level of the reader. It seems a bit different these days because many of us now find the most common sayings from the Kuen Kit translated online, but as for Sifus who hand write and pass the Kuen Kit (most likely including family specific lines as well that are not in the kuen kit we see online) down to there students, as far as I know, this is only done once the student has reached a pretty high level, usually after completing the system.

just my 2c
    Last edited by EternalSpring; 10-26-2011 at 09:50 AM.
    Everybody wants to go to heaven but nobody wants to die...

Quote Originally Posted by Hardwork108 View Post
    There seems to be a huge misunderstanding of the Classical Chinese Martial Arts.

You can never have freedom from "mechanical conditioning", until you have mastered and understood it and the wisdom behind its methodology. Then and only then can you make yours, as it becomes you and you become it, in a free and flowing manner.

Methodologies that become tradition, often do so because they survive the test of time. The modern man, instead of becoming a rebel without a cause, should study and investigate, WHY, this is so!

Following the classical pattern you will understand the routine and MAKE IT YOURS, by personalizing and expanding it to your requirements, hence become yourself.

By the way, most things Bruce Lee said, has been said in Classicial TCMA concepts, principles and philosophy.
    Oh, yeah, I know.

TCMA=been there, done that; and now I have moved onto to my own freedom of movement.

Quote Originally Posted by Fa Xing View Post
    Oh, yeah, I know.

TCMA=been there, done that; and now I have moved onto to my own freedom of movement.
    There are a lot of ballet dancers out there who have freedom of movement, as well.

There are a lot of ballet dancers out there who have freedom of movement, as well.
    Yeah, but you are more than welcome to come Los Angeles and test my freedom of movement.

Quote Originally Posted by Fa Xing View Post
    Yeah, but you are more than welcome to come Los Angeles and test my freedom of movement.
    Will there be any classical music playing on the background?

GH
    Can you post a videoclip or at least a picture to prove this?
    ...I want to see stupids worshipping the nonsensical Kuen Kuit!
    "No contaban con mi astucia!" --el Chapulin Colorado

http://www.vingtsunaz.com/
    www.nationalvt.com/

Can you post a videoclip or at least a picture to prove this?
    ...I want to see stupids worshipping the nonsensical Kuen Kuit!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    To trivialize the wing chun kuen kuit as Graham does is tunnel vision. The kuit do not teach you directly if you are not well grounded in wing chun. But they help sharpen the understanding
    after sufficient learning, practicing and understanding, I am not going to waste time and debate the obvious...
    with the previous poster.

GH
    Graham, does your sifu have the same opinion as you when it comes to the Kuen Kuit? If so, when are you going to ask for your money back and move on?

Oh boy, when you think that this forum holds no more surprises....
    What surprises me my friend is your ideas on Ving Tsun. It's good to be different and I don't want the same ideas as you!

GH