Thread: Anyone know of anyone teaching privately in Dallas area?

Anyone know of anyone teaching privately in Dallas area?

Would like to find a small CMA school (non commercialized), or perhaps an individual teaching a small group privately in the Dallas area.

Anyone know anything?
    Master of Shaolin I-Ching Bu Ti, GunGoPow and I Hung Wei Lo styles.

I am seeking sparring partner. Any level. Looking for blondes or redhead. 5'2" to 5'9". Between 115-135 weight class. Females between 17-30 only need apply. Will extensively work on grappling.

No but I'd like to know if you find anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by xcakid View Post
    Anyone know anything?
    i could direct you to muay thai - one of the top guys in the country lives in plano.
    unfortunately i can't help with good kung fu.
    sorry that things haven't picked up.
    how's rehab?
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.
    -Jack Dempsey ch1 pg1 Championship Fighting

Quote Originally Posted by Pork Chop View Post
    i could direct you to muay thai - one of the top guys in the country lives in plano.
    unfortunately i can't help with good kung fu.
    sorry that things haven't picked up.
    how's rehab?
    Not really that interested in Muay Thai but thx. I would not mind getting back into Kempo or Arnis though. Could use suggestion in that area too.

Did not have the surgery yet. Dr. thinks the strengthening the leg would fix the chondromalacia, so I have been going to physical therapy first. Seems to help, but I still have pain after each work out and knee still makes grinding sound. Probably surgery in Oct. sometime.

I am still at the school, but only going 3X a week now. Teach 1 day, and take class 2 days. Don't hangout before and after class anymore. Just go there, do my thing and leave.
    Last edited by xcakid; 09-26-2011 at 07:05 AM.

I am seeking sparring partner. Any level. Looking for blondes or redhead. 5'2" to 5'9". Between 115-135 weight class. Females between 17-30 only need apply. Will extensively work on grappling.

Not really that interested in Muay Thai but thx.
    Yeah, I know... just had to try.

I would not mind getting back into Kempo or Arnis though. Could use suggestion in that area too.
    I have some arnis and kali buddies, I'll see who they know up there.

Did not have the surgery yet. Dr. thinks the strengthening the leg would fix the chondromalacia, so I have been going to physical therapy first. Seems to help, but I still have pain after each work out and knee still makes grinding sound. Probably surgery in Oct. sometime.
    ouch... good luck with that.
    My left knee's been giving me some problems the last few weeks; the outside of my left knee (IT band?) had been really sore, flares up after jumping jacks, nowhere near as bad as your's though.

I am still at the school, but only going 3X a week now. Teach 1 day, and take class 2 days. Don't hangout before and after class anymore. Just go there, do my thing and leave.
    dunno if you saw my blog, but my gym's undergone a shift as well.
    everything's about catering to the noobs and the advanced students are left doing pretty much nothing but teaching. Some of them are starting to turn the corner though, so maybe we can start focusing on stuff that's more universally beneficial.
    What would happen if a year-old baby fell from a fourth-floor window onto the head of a burly truck driver, standing on the sidewalk?
    It's practically certain that the truckman would be knocked unconscious. He might die of brain concussion or a broken neck.
    Even an innocent little baby can become a dangerous missile WHEN ITS BODY-WEIGHT IS SET INTO FAST MOTION.

I have some arnis and kali buddies, I'll see who they know up there.

That would be awesome. Thx.

ouch... good luck with that.
    My left knee's been giving me some problems the last few weeks; the outside of my left knee (IT band?) had been really sore, flares up after jumping jacks, nowhere near as bad as your's though.

Another reason, why I am shying away from Muay Thai. Just can't afford anymore knee injuries. Leg kicks are not good for weak knees.

Another reason, why I am shying away from Muay Thai. Just can't afford anymore knee injuries. Leg kicks are not good for weak knees.
    This is kind of embarrassing, but you'll understand why i don't like stances after this.
    So about a month ago, I was getting wistful for xingyi and thinking about trying to make it to the local tang shr tao group that meets in a park at 10 on saturdays. Was trying to figure out what forms I could remember, walking through them in my head.

I thought I kinda had ba shi remembered. The one we did was same as that vid, except we dropped into a low pak toi on the turn around. I don't know what I did, but my left (straight) knee popped when I went down and it's been hurting ever since.

The 2 things that aggravate it the most are getting out of the car (my driveway's real steep) and jumping jacks. The only kick I could really see aggravating it is push kick. I'll try to pay attention to see if it flares up next time I'm throwing a lot of push kick.

This is kind of embarrassing, but you'll understand why i don't like stances after this.
    So about a month ago, I was getting wistful for xingyi and thinking about trying to make it to the local tang shr tao group that meets in a park at 10 on saturdays. Was trying to figure out what forms I could remember, walking through them in my head.

I thought I kinda had ba shi remembered. The one we did was same as that vid, except we dropped into a low pak toi on the turn around. I don't know what I did, but my left (straight) knee popped when I went down and it's been hurting ever since.

The 2 things that aggravate it the most are getting out of the car (my driveway's real steep) and jumping jacks. The only kick I could really see aggravating it is push kick. I'll try to pay attention to see if it flares up next time I'm throwing a lot of push kick.
    sounds like you tore a meniscus there buddy. you can still be active with it, but if you start feeling instability or soreness after workouts, it is probably a torn meniscus. If it start to click when you straighten your leg, that mean the meniscus is catching. At that point you would need to get it scoped. I had this happen a 3 years back.

it hasn't popped or cracked since when I injured it.
    today I did a ton of low kicks and push kicks and it feels fine.
    we'll see how i do tomorrow; tomorrow's workout has a ton of jumping jacks and squats.