Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Spirituality and Kung Fu

Blog Entries
    But you're at the right place for dreams and fantasies.
    yet, here YOU are......
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

i come here for the boobies
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Be nice to each other.
    That was not a bad wisecrack. but still, be nice to each other.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Ever see KFC in China?

KFC was more successful in China because the chicken was better. Factory farming didn't bland out the chicken so it doesn't taste like anything anymore, not even chicken. The hamburger franchises like McD and BK rely on corn-fed beef. No one feeds corn to cows in China. They eat it. Seriously, I was served feed corn at Shaolin once (if you've read my book, you know).

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    hmmm, well he comes and goes. He is there for a moment and then he disappears.
    He seems to be mischievous, yet with a childlike innocence. Never malicious.
    I can only guess it's man's glimpse of his inner child, which if given into too much, can trip up his spirituality.
    That's totally unsatisfactory. Eugene the Jeep is a riddle wrapped in an enigma on every level. Just how much spinach did those Popeye animators smoke before coming up with Eugene the Jeep?
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Quote Originally Posted by wenshu View Post
    What's your excuse?
    From time to time I like to see what the competition is doing.

As an unbiased third-party observer who took a few years rest from here I would say it appears more TCMA people understand the importance of live training in theory. Seems like only a small handful have applied it...... still same level of personal attacks, sarcasm, etc, to misdirect attention away from the massive failures and delusions of following combat masters without any combat experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Pina View Post

As an unbiased third-party observer who took a few years rest from here I would say it appears more TCMA people understand the importance of live training in theory. Seems like only a small handful have applied it...... still same level of personal attacks, sarcasm, etc, to misdirect attention away from the massive failures and delusions of following combat masters without any combat experience.
    Competition? wow, big change from when you declared yourself GOD compared to those here. Now we're competition? Thank you.

Unbiased? does not compute.....please explain. How are you unbiased?

PS: not only was the Colonel a 'pimp' dude did a lot for the poor.
    Last edited by Brule; 09-28-2011 at 01:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Pina View Post

So in order for you to reconfirm that wing chun can't fight you have to post here upwards of 10 times a day?

I think a more likely explanation is that the megalomaniacal histrionics over your mediocre career would get you laughed out of any legit MMA forum but here you can spout all the grandiose bullshit you want without fear of anyone really calling you on it.

At least that's why I hang out here, that and crippling social anxiety.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneChing View Post
    Is it just me or does the Col. on the right look like Gordon Liu?

For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by Brule View Post
    Competition? wow, big change from when you declared yourself GOD compared to those here. Now we're competition? Thank you.
    Anyone who can potentially cross hands with me is competition. I like to know what people are training, how and how they use their material.

I know how MMA, boxing and BJJ trains, because I train them. I keep looking for signs of improvement in TCMA's training method, because, again, I think TCMA's actual material has value, it just hasn't been able to apply it broadly, uniformly. Mostly because of teachers placating to docile students who in return become teachers......

Quote Originally Posted by Brule View Post
    Unbiased? does not compute.....please explain. How are you unbiased?
    I've trained Chinese martial arts. I've trained Japanese martial arts. I've trained western boxing, BJJ and now MMA.... I love all the cultures and what they offer but I'm not tied to any of them in such a way that I get defensive or prevent myself from looking at them honestly. I can see the strengths and weaknesses in each of them and discuss them without fear of losing revenue or having my martial world view shattered.

So in order for you to reconfirm that wing chun can't fight you have to post here upwards of 10 times a day?
    I confirmed wing chun's inadequacies to myself a long time ago by beating a good number of its players rather easily. It's just my opinion. And I'm always open to see good wing chun that doesn't have a weak structure and flailing strking.

I think a more likely explanation is that the megalomaniacal histrionics over your mediocre career would get you laughed out of any legit MMA forum but here you can spout all the grandiose bullshit you want without fear of anyone really calling you on it.
    First, you're half right. I have no fear of anyone calling me out here because I'm familiar with the subjects I comment on and, unlike the vast majority of martial artists here, I am capable and skilled in using my body for violence. As I've said before, I have nothing to offer MMA. They have no interest in learning about the trapping, sticking or short power I've learned from TCMA. They have their own system of training that works.

As for "grandiose"... I have been completely open and honest about my achievements and failures regarding martial arts.

These personal attacks on me have been going on for sometime here. Why?

I claim I have fought where the majority here, including "masters", haven't. It's true.
    I have won and I have lost... all fighters have. It amazes me that there's so much lack of honor here that its not even apparent that many here are talking as "fans" of fighting. And not fighters themselves. It's apparent.

I claim TCMA and its masters actually make grandiose claims of world titles when they're fighting in a TCMA exclusive environment, if they've ever fought at all. I claim, with the exception of San Da, TCMA has not proven that it can stand beside striking arts such as karate, boxing, Muay Thai and MMA in environments such as Vale Tudo, MMA... that is also true.

If you want to get controversial and have a reason for hating me, I'll say San Da is about as Chinese as the Chinese fighter jets China now produces for itself... after stealing all the technology from everyone else. Which is smart of them. Which is why they're doing what the rest of TCMA is incapable of doing.

You have to realize how bad all of this looks from my end. I'm trying to have serious discussions on a TCMA board about how TCMA can improve -- as a TCMAer who has gone out to fight -- and instead I'm attacked personally by anonymous mouth boxers with nothing to offer but KFC pics. Kung Fu is the way it is because of the collective YOU.