Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kung fu Forum Kung Fu

Kung fu Forum Kung Fu

See, Kung Fu works!

Kicked the trolls out and so far haven't had to endure much more.
    I'm waiting for the hidden ones to get all c0cky about something.

I suspect we will chill and have more Kung Fu talk!

It's like we cured forum cancer or something.
    Give yourselves a pat on the back.

The self inflicted banning by Ross is just him attention wh0ring though.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    See, Kung Fu works!

Ross asked to be banne because I mentioned his ridiculous san da fight. A guy who criticizes so much should have better footage. Not everyone had forgotten about that fight yet.

Ross, the next time you make fun of Chan Hok Fu's fight put up the footage of yours for comparison...or stfu.

See, Kung Fu works!

Yup. It works..... isolate yourself from any competition -- physical, verbal or mental -- and reign supreme.

I'm sure I'm considered a troll here, but I don't view myself that way.

For those who are not here to contribute at all but just personally attack a style or person without any sound reason, they would go away if they weren't faced with page after page of ridiculous rebuttal because the people are insecure.

I could understand how some big, important people here get worked up. In my little small Puerto Rican Village (Isabela).... the local rec center for kids. The assistant boxing coach has 37 pro fights. The head coach is older, has pro fights but I don't know how many. This is for a small nearly 3rd world town. Nobody claiming master or champ. Claiming boxing knowledge. Credentials to prove it.

This subject inflames people. They get angry. They make personal attacks. Why? Isn't it natural to learn how to fly from a pilot? When asked of an instructor, do you have your license?

They get mad?

That should be the first question.

You know what, I feel worse just for all this crap this week. I'd like to ban myself too. Can you give me six months of sanity?
    Last edited by Ray Pina; 09-22-2011 at 12:48 PM.

Nobody likes their views challenged Ray.

Kung Fu people do not fight professionally. Only some of then spar regularly. That is their biggest insecurity and when you bring it up naturally they get offended. There is no way for them to defend this specific attack without mentioning that they train for self defense and not sport.

Thumbs up

one way or another.

this forum holds the largest volumes of KF English info on line on this planet.

moving on to 20 years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74xiXRxkKxc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qnLozy8KGw

See, Kung Fu works!

Names, names! Who got banned???

Quote Originally Posted by SPJ View Post
    one way or another.

this forum holds the largest volumes of KF English info on line on this planet.

moving on to 20 years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74xiXRxkKxc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qnLozy8KGw

That is awesome. And I noticed that on the other link. They should be proud of that. But they should also be the ones pushing Kung Fu, asking the tough questions.

The more Kung Fu got serious about training the more sales their advertisers would have. More boxing gloved. More focus mits. Rings. Cages. Buzzers. Uniforms that aren't made of tissue paper. Mats! Some of these are big ticket items.

GOD! I hate this place so much.

<posts once an hour on the hour for three days straight>

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Pina View Post
    Yup. It works..... isolate yourself from any competition -- physical, verbal or mental -- and reign supreme.

I'm sure I'm considered a troll here, but I don't view myself that way.

For those who are not here to contribute at all but just personally attack a style or person without any sound reason, they would go away if they weren't faced with page after page of ridiculous rebuttal because the people are insecure.

I could understand how some big, important people here get worked up. In my little small Puerto Rican Village (Isabela).... the local rec center for kids. The assistant boxing coach has 37 pro fights. The head coach is older, has pro fights but I don't know how many. This is for a small nearly 3rd world town. Nobody claiming master or champ. Claiming boxing knowledge. Credentials to prove it.

This subject inflames people. They get angry. They make personal attacks. Why? Isn't it natural to learn how to fly from a pilot? When asked of an instructor, do you have your license?

They get mad?

That should be the first question.

You know what, I feel worse just for all this crap this week. I'd like to ban myself too. Can you give me six months of sanity?

Nah, you're just a bit brash, stubborn and you don't seem to grasp the big huge gaping differences in the practice of martial arts in a Kung Fu schema vs practicing them in a sportive combative schema.

Riding that dead horse too frequently has people wondering why you are failing to understand the difference.

People don't go to Kung Fu clubs to learn mma, they go there for self improvement almost every single time to almost every single last person.

If Kung Fu was about sport fighting, then that's what it would be. Quite simple.

No body rags on judo and it has zero striking! What the heck is real about that?
    No body rags on mma and it has no weapons? What the heck is real about that?

sport is sport. It's good, but you can't keep trying to explain davinci as inferior to picasso because picasso is popular.

In the end, we are all just people and you get insulted and freak out as much as the next Guy Ray, so don't be a hypocrite.

And yes, it's an ego thing. For you, for anyone who behave in a manner that they expect anonymous folk in a net site to respect them for what they say they did.

The fact of the matter is though, that Dave runs a school that has through his methods produced fighters who have semi-pro records and are doing ok. there's other guys here with that too and some guys run trad schools that are here as well.

they've invested time, money, blood sweat and tears into those shops and have built a lot of teacher/student relationships out of it.

so when someone who hasn't ever built anything even close to something like that, comes in and starts getting all uppity with them about their life and experience...which doesn't actually compare, well. I would think that would be self explanatory.

Furthermore, I'll be doing Kung Fu when I'm 80, you think you'll still be cage fighting? There's another difference in the teachings contained within one that aren't in the other.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

meh - I'm just going to do traditional forms wayyyy better than the rest of you guys!!!

See, Kung Fu works!

It sounds to me that what actually happened was that you banned everyone with an opposing view. That does not quite count as a victory. That is like if a guy is bullying you you transfer schools instead of confronting him.

Ray is not brash. He is just honest and does not care about the Kung Fu "I can fight but choose not to show videos of sparring" mentality. These videos will likely never exist amongst the Kung Fu hardcore here.

fighting sucks and is lame!

Six months? Seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Pina View Post
    I can do that.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Blog Entries
    meh - I'm just going to do traditional forms wayyyy better than the rest of you guys!!!
    I will challenge you one day to a forms duel!
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Quote Originally Posted by RWilson View Post
    It sounds to me that what actually happened was that you banned everyone with an opposing view. That does not quite count as a victory. That is like if a guy is bullying you you transfer schools instead of confronting him.

Ray is not brash. He is just honest and does not care about the Kung Fu "I can fight but choose not to show videos of sparring" mentality. These videos will likely never exist amongst the Kung Fu hardcore here.
    not at all. There have been persistent outspoken kungfu heads who have gotten banned as well.

It's not about having an opposing view. It's about trying to shove a round peg into a square hole over and over again.

Also, it's not about victory, it's about harmony. We can have discourse without having to read some whelp demanding videos of our last cage fight, especially when we are here to talk about our kung fu experiences.

Having 20 somethings be all in your face about fighting on the matt in the ring etc when you are a 60 year old traditional martial artists is confounding and really makes the whelps look like the brash and stubborn people they are.

they can't understand and lump it all into one big pile. Then make excuses for their own shortcomings while continuing to make attacks on what they perceive as yours.

You seem to be one of those guys who doesn't get that RWilson.
    Many of your posts start out with mma is better kinda crap that we've all suffered chewing through since Fred Ettish turtled.

Then, guys who do practice both are diminished etc etc. It's unproductive to have non harmonious discourse and it is more productive when people can discuss and share as opposed to shouting "I'm Better" and "F*&^% you no your not" for days on end.

so, yeah, we ban the idiots, but not opposing views. An opposing view offers an opportunity to learn. A repetitious barfing of an ideology isn't an opposing view though, it's a repetitious barfing of ideology.

hope that clears it up a touch.

p.s seriously, the guys who were being jerks were making people leave and frankly I don't feel bad about getting rid of them at all in favour of having the likes of some of the older posters returning and sharing again with us.

there's room for everyone, but leave your personal crap at the door as much as you can :-) and don't forget that it works the other way to when you talk about how truth dies on the altar of convictions.
    Kung Fu is good for you.