Thread: Best Shaolin Kung fu school in china?

Best Shaolin Kung fu school in china?

I apologise for this being my first thread without a introduction, I promise this wont be my last. Anyway, I want to train in shaolin kung fu in China in the next 6-8 months and wondered if anyone had been to any schools and could recommend some decent ones. I been researching countless times on anything I can get regarding the best school. Im looking for a school where you live there and train 5 times a week where its intense and really difficult. The best ones I found so far are

Kunyu mountain shoalin academy
    http://www.chinashaolins.com/index.htm
    (has some good reviews on it and articles)

http://www.shaolinkungfus.com
    (This one seemed to be copy and pasted from the website above but had the same master as the other and looked good also)

http://www.shaolinskungfu.com/
    (This one looked good too)

Anyone been/have any reviews on these schools? I come from UK so making the right choice is really important for me and im finding it difficult to find the best one. Also if you been to/suggest other good schools in china please let me know

Stuart.

Define "best".

You can't judge a school by its website

Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

I have been doing extensive research on the subject of Chinese martial art schools. In my opinion, a lot of the mainstream schools opening in China are to cash-in on the Shaolin reputation and history. These schools are more geared towards foreigners, giving you the impression of a true shaolin monk master-student experience like the one you seen in kung fu movies. However in some of the schools they are treated as nothing more than a place to party and hang out with no serious training.

I am looking to find a good school in China. I am a week into my research and it has occurred to me that the website alone should not only be used to make your final decision on schools. The marketing can be very misleading and geared towards taking your money then not giving you the service it apparently says it would have provided. Siping City being a example of one of them according to the article writer. I think the days of traditional shaolin training are gone in comparison to the temple in which Dan Hardy visited. Maybe because China doesn't need warrior monks to protect the temple any more?

One question I do have is where do shaolin monks become monks in the first place? And could I, a westerner become one too? Am I right in assuming the modern shaolin monks of today are masters in Wushu and performance over traditional Gong fu? So if I was to become one, my training would be for wushu-performance and body conditioning and not Gong Fu?

Back to the matter of selecting schools, in my final conclusions it is that the website alone is not enough to make the final decision. You would need peoples recommendations who have been to the school itself. The author from that article recommends Kunyu mountain shaolin academy and I have also been in correspondence with him via email and we talked about it for a while. Im not gonna expect to be taught better kung fu then I would of had at home but I would go for the intense body conditioning, 10 hr workouts and cultural experience.

Anyone help me with my questions? Have I hit the nail in all of this or is there any gaps in my knowledge thus far?

New on our ezine!

The Universal Attraction of Kung Fu by Marijke van der Linde
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Blog Entries

Taizu Shaolin Kung Fu International School

Learn Kung fu Training in China, Under professional masters with authentic lineages. The school is an institute for the teaching and promotion of Shaolin Kung Fu and Chinese Martial Arts.

If you're looking for a Shaolin kung fu schools training in China that teaches traditional Chinese martial arts and embraces Chinese culture. Taizu Shaolin Kung Fu school china is the best choice. Train to improve your skills and be closer to nature. Improve your kung fu techniques. Learn Tai Chi and kung Fu in China! China is the most popular destination of martial arts enthusiasts.

Taizu Shaolin Kungfu School china
    , located in Handan City ( China ancient capital,Birthplace of Taichi,Cultural city ,Martial arts village ).

Taizu shaolin kungfu school China is unique Shaolin Temple campus, by the International Liaison Department of the former international students studying in Northern Shaolin Temple China, Shaolin Kung Fu Shaolin authorized training facilities. We welcome foreign students to learn Shaolin Kung Fu, Wing Chun, Sanda (Chinese kick boxing), Chin Na, Tai Chi , Chi Kung, Ba Ji Quan, Bagua, better understand the Chinese Buddhist cultural understanding.Personally study under Shaolin masters of authentic lineage.

Whether you are kids ,Youth, Middle-aged person ,Aged ,Man ,woman. Whether you are a beginner or a very experienced martial artist, whether you want to stay for a month or a year - we kindly invite you to learn chinese martial arts from our highly distinguished shaolin monks masters. All trainers trained martial arts since childhood. Of course they have a lot of teaching experience and speak Chinese and English language. Shaolin Wushu encompasses traditional and contemporary styles as well as external and internal forms.

Chinese Taizu Shaolin Kung Fu International School

https://learn-shaolinkungfu.com/

Stuart,

If your in the UK, I'd recommend checking out shaolintempleuk.org
    Yanzi runs a school there in china. I was there for the summer of 2016 for a couple of weeks: (I actually went with yanlei) but they were both there and trained us:

https://www.shaolintempleuk.org/introduction/

It was really challenging, 3 2 hour sessions a day, 6 days a week.

It's a smaller school, living conditions are rather sparse but they provide you with everything and if you want hardcore this is it.
    I believe the school runs year round now. I'd contact yanzi and see what your options are. You can also train at the uk temple for a bit and see if you really want to do this or not. Feel free to message me if you want more info.

Kent

I just spent two weeks at the Shaolin Temple training and I am happy to give you some advice if you want.

Yuntai experience?

Hi there

I am very interested to learn Kung Fu in China and I currently researching schools and locations in China. There a quite a few schools and many of them offer different price structures, so I am not really sure if the more expensive ones are worth the money? Doe any one have good experience with school in Henan or Beijing? For me the most important part is the quality of training. Currently the Yuntai school (https://shaolin-yuntai.com) one seems to be my favorite, as price seems fair and looks professional. Has any been there lately and has some experience training at it? I also found a good one in Beijing, but the price is super expensive :/

I appreciate your feedback