Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: UFC®139: SHOGUN vs. HENDERSON

UFC®139: SHOGUN vs. HENDERSON

We've been discussing Cung's participation in this on our Will Cung fight again? thread. Cung just texted me this morning about a press conference today in San Jose. See below:

UFC 139 Press Conference in San Jose Tues.
    September 25, 2011

In advance of UFC’s return to the Bay Area on Saturday, Nov. 19 at the HP Pavilion in San Jose, Calif., the Ultimate Fighting Championship® will host a press conference on Tuesday, Sept. 27 at 1 p.m. PT featuring the stars of the upcoming card. The press conference will be held at the San Pedro Square Market at 175 West St. John Street in San Jose.

The event will be free and open to the public.

In attendance will be former UFC light heavyweight champion Mauricio “Shogun” Rua and his opponent, former two-division PRIDE® champion Dan Henderson, as well as co-main event fighters Wanderlei Silva and San Jose’s own, Cung Le. The press conference will be hosted by UFC President Dana White.

Tickets for UFC®139: SHOGUN vs. HENDERSON go on sale Friday, Sept. 30 at 10 a.m. PT and are priced at $400, $300, $225, $150, $75 and $50. Tickets are available at the HP Pavilion ticket office, online at Ticketmaster.com or charge by phone 800-745-3000.

UFC® Fight Club™ members will have the opportunity to purchase tickets to this event Wednesday, Sept. 28 at 10 a.m PT via the website www.ufcfightclub.com.Non-members may take advantage of the pre-sale by buying at Ticketmaster. A special Internet ticket pre-sale will be available to UFC newsletter subscribers Thursday, Sept. 29, starting at 10 a.m. PT.

Official UFC VIP packages are also available at http://vip.ufc.com. These packages include tickets to UFC 139, official event merchandise, as well as special VIP experiences with backstage tours and meet and greets with top UFC stars. Get closer to the action than ever before with this unique UFC VIP opportunity.

UFC®139: SHOGUN vs. HENDERSON will be available live on Pay-Per-View at 9 p.m. ET/6 p.m. PT on UFC.TV, iN DEMAND, DirecTV, DISH Network, Avail-TVN, BellTV, Shaw Communications, Sasktel, and Viewer’s Choice Canada for a suggested retail price of $44.99 US/$49.99 CAN for Standard Definition and $54.99 US/$59.99 CAN for High Definition
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart

Well, that was fun

I went to the press conference. Dana White is very charismatic in person. I enjoyed listening to him answer press questions.

Wandy is much bigger than Cung in person.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

ya but cung busted out the claws wearing a classy suit, so he wins the cool factor by far.
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Cung texted me and asked me to post this

Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

after seeing that im excited for this fight. Go CUNG LE!!!!
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Prediction for Cung Le vs. Wanderlei Silva UFC 139

I'm saying Cung Le by TKO in the 2nd round. Anyone??
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". -Cus D'Amato

I'm a fan of both, so I don't want to make a prediction, I just want to see the fight

This You Tube vid was on Cung's FB page. He said he was a very big fan of Bruce Lee growing up but they need to change the title:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJQ8_VYGeQo
    "The hero and the coward both feel the same thing, but the hero projects his fear onto his opponent while the coward runs. 'Fear'. It's the same thing, but it's what you do with it that matters". -Cus D'Amato

Cung Le.

Knockout.

Early in round 3.

I can't wait for this fight!!!

but I'm gonna have to show Cung how to make an proper Eagle Claw! Eagle Defeats Tiger Every Time!!! mmmaauuuhhhahhhahaaa

Last edited by Fighting Eagle; 11-15-2011 at 04:40 PM.

Thumbs up

Cung Le Training for his first UFC!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTlWYQoP34Q

GO CUNG!!!!

Anyone know what kinda weight cut goes through? I know I read that he barely cuts for 185. Silva is a pretty big 85 and fought LH in pride. Hopefuly Cung can stay out of the clinch or be able to do some shanshou throws. ANd for fun go for broke and bing back the scissors takedown.

Just got my press pass confirmed!

I also got this press release - unfortunately I have too much on my plate today to make this. Maybe someone else here can go and report for a change?

PRESS CONFERENCE RUNDOWN
    12 p.m. – 3 p.m. PT
    Golden Gate Room at The Conference Center
    Fort Mason Center
    Marina Blvd and Buschman Street
    San Francisco, CA 94123

AVAILABLE LIVE VIA SATELLITE & LIVE ON UFC.com

12 p.m. PT Doors Open for Media and Public
    1 p.m. PT UFC® 139: PRESS CONFERENCE

· Dan Henderson – UFC light heavyweight contender
    · Shogun Rua – UFC light heavyweight contender
    · Wanderlei Silva – UFC middleweight contender

· Cung Le – UFC middleweight contender
    · Urijah Faber – UFC bantamweight contender
    · Brian Bowles – UFC bantamweight contender

*Media are encouraged to attend; video and interview opportunities.
    *Media Parking: Convention Center Parking Lot, courtesy of UFC.
    *Free and open to the public.
    Gene Ching
    Author of Shaolin Trips

I just watched to fight this morning, looks like Cung got caught with a few hard clips. Is it me or did I notice that he dropped his hands an awful lot? I wonder who's next for him? How many fights does he have in his contract?

Oh well, he's still a champ in my book!
    "If you are patient in one moment of anger, you will escape a hundred days of sorrow."

"He who asks is a fool for five minutes, but he who does not ask remains a fool forever."

- Ancient Chinese Proverbs