Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: the kung fu mindset

the kung fu mindset

hy gys

White children, in the main, and whether they are rich or poor, grow up with a grasp of reality so feeble that they can very accurately be described as deluded – about themselves and about the world they live in. White people have managed to get through entire lifetimes in this euphoric state, but black people have not been so lucky: a black man who sees the world the way John Wayne, for example, sees it would not be an eccentric patriot, but a raving maniac. … People who cling to their delusions find it difficult, if not impossible, to learn anything worth learning: a people under the necessity of creating themselves must examine everything, and soak up learning the way the roots of a tree soak up water. As people still held in bondage must believe that “Ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make ye free”.

-James Baldwin

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Question

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    hy gys

White children, in the main, and whether they are rich or poor, grow up with a grasp of reality so feeble that they can very accurately be described as deluded – about themselves and about the world they live in. White people have managed to get through entire lifetimes in this euphoric state, but black people have not been so lucky: a black man who sees the world the way John Wayne, for example, sees it would not be an eccentric patriot, but a raving maniac. … People who cling to their delusions find it difficult, if not impossible, to learn anything worth learning: a people under the necessity of creating themselves must examine everything, and soak up learning the way the roots of a tree soak up water. As people still held in bondage must believe that “Ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make ye free”.

-James Baldwin
    ?????????????

Bawang, you been smoking some whacky weed or something?

ginosifu

Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    hy gys

-James Baldwin

What was the point of quoting a black activist who wants "equality" at the expense of all other groups instead of working to get them?

Personally you would have to see Dave Ross's san da fight to know the true Kung Fu mindset

First, James Baldwin is not a clever man by any measure and perhaps should refrain from philosophizing openly as opposed to among friends. lol

Second, the whole quote is oozing and overflowing with the stupid.

People are people and the world they create for themselves has more importance than any world you or I would thrust upon them.

Statements like "white people" or "black people" or "yellow people" or "red people" are so far outmoded that they don't belong to reality. It's taken the better part of my life to diminish that stinking thinking in our society and frankly I am unconcerned with those still dark minded societies that can't get over their fears. They'll get there eventually or fall by the wayside.

Focus on being human. No need to give thought to the colour of your skin, we all look the same when it's peeled off.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

at the risk of sounding like a racist...

I'll help Bawang understand white people. Pure caucasian white people are the best at adapting other subcultures into their own. We adapt, take what's useful, and expand our culture. Maybe it's our Celtish - Norse heritage, some type of evolutionary skill we needed because of the harsh environments we developed in, but flat out - we adapt faster and at a better rate than other races. This is why we see strange things happen with white people - we sometimes try to "out Chinese the Chinese" in martial arts. Some become wiggers - some believe and insist they are 1/16th Cherokee - and all other types of self loathing that are associated with being white and not allowed to be white in modern culture (white = racist). Anyway - back to the point, the Chinese invented gun powder, white people turned it into a superb weapon - these things happen.

Black people - for the most part - are terrible at adapting with and integrating with other cultures. Maybe it's because of a slavery past that they won't allow themselves to fully integrate... black people who do and are successful are referred to as Uncle-Toms.

Asians seem to be getting good at adopting the white people's way of adaptation. They understand the system and are excelling... and somehow still maintain a sense of being Asian. Although there does seem to be some self-loathing starting within their communities - a culture clash. Young Ameriasians are too white for some Asians. This is to be expected - this self loathing because we see it within the Caucasians, so why wouldn't Asians who've adopted the adaptive trait not be a bit self-loathing?

I think the whole construct of race and it's characteristics is defined by society and doesn't define it.

These ideas and categories we put ourselves in are the barrier to harmony. That we cannot look past less than an inch of the covering of each of us says a lot.

These days, people drop those thought the same way a grown man would drop a barbie doll he's playing with when his buddies come for a beer.

Racism is silly BECAUSE there is no basic foundation for it. It's an artificial construct created by fear. Self loathing is nurtured into people. It's a slow acting control method.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by David Jamieson View Post
    First, James Baldwin is not a clever man by any measure and perhaps should refrain from philosophizing openly as opposed to among friends. lol

Second, the whole quote is oozing and overflowing with the stupid.

People are people and the world they create for themselves has more importance than any world you or I would thrust upon them.

Statements like "white people" or "black people" or "yellow people" or "red people" are so far outmoded that they don't belong to reality. It's taken the better part of my life to diminish that stinking thinking in our society and frankly I am unconcerned with those still dark minded societies that can't get over their fears. They'll get there eventually or fall by the wayside.

Focus on being human. No need to give thought to the colour of your skin, we all look the same when it's peeled off.
    You want to know the real reason there's racism? It keeps us divided. If we were to suddenly realize that we're all in the same boat (poor is poor) then the people with the real power would be fu*ked.

Quote Originally Posted by MightyB View Post
    You want to know the real reason there's racism? It keeps us divided. If we were to suddenly realize that we're all in the same boat (poor is poor) then the people with the real power would be fu*ked.
    And that day is approaching fast.

We are seemingly all coming to realize the gaff that is being played with the divisive politics that makes taking power that much easier.

Hand in hand, row by row corruption and taint will be laid low.

It's not going to be pretty though. Resting power from greedy corrupted hands is not a cake walk.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

I don't know David, racism is still alive and well in most places. Have you heard of the Rooney rule in the NFL instituted a few years ago? What's going on in the British Premier League?

There will always be white's who feel the need to project themselves as superior. Granted it's not like it was many years ago but it's still prevalent.

Racisim exists because there IS a mindset of "we are better than them" and I believe that was the point that Bawang was trying to make.
    It is a delusional view, but one that many have.
    Just as some people have a delusional view of races, Kung fu people have a delusional view of kung fu and their place in the "MA world".
    I also think that, perhaps, bawang was also making a statement about "stupid white people" that do kung fu and become more "chinese" than than the chinese that invented it.

At least I THINK that is what he meant.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    At least I THINK that is what he meant.
    No - he was being a racist. He doesn't like white people.

Quote Originally Posted by Brule View Post
    I don't know David, racism is still alive and well in most places. Have you heard of the Rooney rule in the NFL instituted a few years ago? What's going on in the British Premier League?

There will always be white's who feel the need to project themselves as superior. Granted it's not like it was many years ago but it's still prevalent.
    well, there are people who feel they need to project themselves as superior regardless of their ethnicity or heritage. lol. It ain't just white people who do that.

I mean, there's genocides happening in Africa for instance that are exactly about that and there is not a single white person in sight as far as those go.

The greatest racial intolerance I experience is when I go to Chinatown and get called gwai lo by various people and retailers. I let it pass because I don't give a sh1t really, lol. It's not like I feel threatened by it anymore than I would a child on a bike a block away calling me a f@g for telling him to stop at the corners.
    Kung Fu is good for you.

The election of Barack Obama shows we have gotten past racism. The idea of racism some of you are arguing is outdated. No one group feels it is better. But there are groups that try to get extra goodies that no one else can have. An example is reparations for slavery. What a fallacy. Reparations= give me everyone else's hard earned money for something that happened hundreds of years ago and something that Arabs had been doing for thousands of years. Who do you think built the pyramids? Africans. The ancient Egyptians, who e Arabic, enslaved them.

Quote Originally Posted by MightyB View Post
    No - he was being a racist. He doesn't like white people.
    I know him, at least as well as one can one someone from the internet, and he doesn't come off as racist, not in THAT way.
    I mean, we ALL tend to be a little racist, its a hard thing to "turn off", but Jim isn't a racist in THAT way.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by RWilson View Post
    The election of Barack Obama shows we have gotten past racism. The idea of racism some of you are arguing is outdated. No one group feels it is better. But there are groups that try to get extra goodies that no one else can have. An example is reparations for slavery. What a fallacy. Reparations= give me everyone else's hard earned money for something that happened hundreds of years ago and something that Arabs had been doing for thousands of years. Who do you think built the pyramids? Africans. The ancient Egyptians, who e Arabic, enslaved them.
    Dude! The election of Barack Obama has nothing to do with America's racism or lack of it. I think if anything it seems to have exacerbated it in many places. I can think of hundreds and hundreds of examples of racist behaviour in the msm and coming from others since his election.

Also,. Pyramid builders are pretty much known with the exception of the great pyramid and there is a name, but the info is real sketchy and therefore unknown.

Africans themselves cover the spectrum of black to white to semitic peoples across the north.

The idea that slaves built the pyramids pretty much collapsed with the discovery of the trades villages and the knowledge that these were national efforts. I don't doubt that there were some slaves involved, but there simply isn't enough information available to make declarative statements about who built what there.
    Kung Fu is good for you.