Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: A clip

And I guess you have no interest in these terms because you may have not experienced that side to the chinese culture?
    I have experienced that side of "Chinese culture", though IMO it's not restricted to the Chinese or anything else.

I have an interest in it, and I guess the "terms" (WTF?) ... an interest in seeing it wither and die because in my experience it is unhealthy and stunts growth.

You can keep your other naive "insights" into my character and motivations. I have been teaching MA and developing students for a lot longer than you. IMO the model of "team building" you follow is toxic and counterproductive to growth and I ain't going near it. I have too much respect for students intelligence to lay that load of barf on them.

Kung Fu Family ... I always get reminded of "Manson family".
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

How about mailing him on his Youtube page and asking him yourself?
    Thanks for your insightful response there.

Bit of a strange one

What is original Wing Chun to you?
    Try answering my question before responding with one of your own.

So on admitting this is what you think, then WSL didn't have anything close to the blueprint either, let alone PB, so if most of the lame attacks are coming from this WSLPB camp how can you explain that?
    Where the hell did the PB guys come into this??? I never even mentioned them.
    You said IM had the "blueprint", i said theres plenty of people that would disagree... mainland styles come to mind
    FWIW no one has the "blueprint", thats a ridicolous analagy, and shows how far removed from realistic combat you are.

Well, I agree with you on this one! Life is much better than any of the kung fu films I have seen. But this bunch of guys thing?? I wouldn't know mate. I learnt with guys and girls
    Yep, bunch of guys, males, non-females... comprehend?
    If that seems odd name me one of IM's top female students??

Hello,

I believe that Randy Williams also does multiple person Chi Sau. I believe he does it with three people doing it. While it does not look like the clip, it does kind of support the idea of variations across lineage lines for different methods of training Chi Sau.

Just a thought.
    Peace,

Dave

http://www.sifuchowwingchun.com
    Wherever my opponent stands--they are in my space

Quote Originally Posted by Sihing73 View Post
    Hello,

I believe that Randy Williams also does multiple person Chi Sau. I believe he does it with three people doing it. While it does not look like the clip, it does kind of support the idea of variations across lineage lines for different methods of training Chi Sau.

Just a thought.

I met Randy " cant fight my way out of a paperbag " Williams, in London a few years back, nice guy, but just because he does it dont make it right

I would venture that the reason for variations is simply guys copying by mimicking others, copying actions without any coaching or HANDS ON teaching directly from esoteric circles , seeing a tan and a bong etc...then rolling. Or trying to replicate it as 'pushing hands' from Tai Chi perhaps...
    I can say that nobody would accidentally just be doing it correctly ...the urge to feel and follow arms is such a natural thing we all do , we dont need coaching to feel another arm, we need coaching to NOT feel it and follow it . Lat sao chet chun and da sao jik siu sao are not something you just do ....or reinvent with weird feeling drills
    Last edited by k gledhill; 10-07-2011 at 08:20 PM.

We used to do this thing more of a laugh but it did teach controlinh one person while being able to hit others. We called it wall sao, six people chisao next to each other three of them with backs against the wall. You could only hit the people next to you if you positioned your gut so he couldn't hit you. Normally finished with us just punching each other. Not a normal part of training but was fun to do

Quote Originally Posted by bennyvt View Post
    We used to do this thing more of a laugh but it did teach controlinh one person while being able to hit others. We called it wall sao, six people chisao next to each other three of them with backs against the wall. You could only hit the people next to you if you positioned your gut so he couldn't hit you. Normally finished with us just punching each other. Not a normal part of training but was fun to do
    I like that it ended by hitting and not hypnotic arm waving.

Using a quote from your post G because I just can't be bothered to attempt conversation with you these days, I like your attitude after all that twaddle you wrote!

Quote Originally Posted by Graham H View Post
    Who knows and who f'ing cares?
    Speaks volumes.
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

Quote Originally Posted by LoneTiger108 View Post
    Using a quote from your post G because I just can't be bothered to attempt conversation with you these days, I like your attitude after all that twaddle you wrote!

Speaks volumes.
    The fact that you interpreted that as twaddle is a good sign. It means that I'm not in your fantasy fu land.

G

Quote Originally Posted by k gledhill View Post
    the sticky hand following hands thing is really going too far, star trek meets disco. When is martial and art just art and no martial ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3h5_U...eature=related
    who would like to analyze the clip in a technical way?

Hendrik,

'Technically' by which standard; religious, spiritual, internal?

Technically it don't look like any line of Wing Chun that I am familiar with.

Technically, it doesn't fit into the paradigm of WC deriving from Ip Man.

Technically, it doesn't appear to me to develop the type of touch based neural associative conditioning that the sticking i am familiar with attempts to do.

Technically, I see a lot of giving space and poor body positions and postures.

It is to fighting what rolling down a hill is to running. And in my opinion it is a regression rather than a progression.

But each to their own.

Suki
    "From a psychological point of view, demons represent the universal equivalents of the dark, cruel, animal depths of the mind. When we as martial artists are preparing ourselves to overcome our fear of domination at the hands of an opponent, we must go deep within our inner being and allow the darkest parts of ourselves to be revealed. In order to battle the monsters in an abyss, we must sometimes unleash the demon within" http://darkwingchun.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrik View Post
    Sure....... its technically nonsense

No hip elbow force direction, or unity. The arms wave around in the air in some moments without attacking forwards, without any contact no lat sao chet chung, no da sao jik siu sao , no faat lik siu lik, ....there is more missing but its easier to ask , what is it ? its not vt.

Doing this in a group is ludicrous, it might have a 'brawl' aspect to it, but we are the ones meant to be cutting through all that with direct lines of force...

Blog Entries
    When you train, you want to have a "goal". When opportunity arrive, you take it, move in, and finish it. In this clip I don't see that "intention" at all.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 10-09-2011 at 11:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by grasshopper 2.0 View Post
    That it is a drill and the purpose is simply to get the entire body moving using fairly exaggerated movements to get the knees, hips, etc moving. Its about waking up those joints in an extreme fashion using sticking hands as the basis of the drill.
    Hmmm. To me it looks more like waking up something entirely different, if you catch my drift.

In other words, if he was doing that shizzle with another dude it would look a little creepy to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Graham H View Post
    IMO WSL was a man who was clever, hard working and got his hands dirty proving Ving Tsun. He proved it to himself obviously, but also for a certain period in time Yip Man himself. You must have heard the stories of the discussions that went on between WSL and Yip Man during these "Beimo" days. There were probably many factors that contributed to the passing of knowledge between Yip Man and WSL. If these qualities are not present then the information will be flawed. I personally wasnt there but its common sense because it happens everyday in school between teacher and student. We are not all grade A, physically gifted students so the same must apply to Ving Tsun.
    Yeah. Uh. Regarding those discussions during the "Beimo" days, I'm sure they were much different than the discussion that go on nowadays - you know, in the "Mouthmo" days.