Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A clip

A clip

the sticky hand following hands thing is really going too far, star trek meets disco. When is martial and art just art and no martial ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3h5_U...eature=related

1st her hair came untied.... was waiting to see what else would be removed!!

Funny this looks so not ''martial'' :' S

Oh what is it with WC and rooftops??

FWIW

R

I dont think thats VT . It looks like some sort of push hands exercise. There are similarities with tai chi but I dont think its a Tai chi push hands. Push hands are for sensitivity training, not for fighting per se. If thats supposed be VT maybe its a non Ip Man line. In addition there bodies look disjointed. There s no connection of the hands and legs through the body, which is a characteristic of most Asian martial arts.
    Last edited by trubblman; 10-01-2011 at 05:36 AM.

I just looked at some of the other videos and I call take back. I guess this guy is claiming Leung Ting lineage. Thats some weird looking chi sao then. Also Captain Kirk is apparently wanting the uniforms back that were stolen from the crew of the Enterprise.

That's Keith Kernspecht's group.
    "It is the peculiar quality of a fool to perceive the faults of others and to forget his own." -Cicero

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao3 Meng4 View Post
    That's Keith Kernspecht's group.
    Most certainly. The romulan crew cut and drunken patty-cake body mechanics are unmistakeable!

The hip thrusting is particularly disturbing I must say
    Last edited by duende; 10-01-2011 at 12:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by duende View Post
    Most certainly. The romulan crew cut and drunken patty-cake body mechanics are unmistakeable!

The hip thrusting is particularly disturbing I must say
    At several points each is waving their arms in the air without touching either
    maybe the cobra thing is to hypnotize you with snakey hands then induce you into a trance like dance , whereby your filmed doing star trek disco dancing and blackmailed forever after ? okay maybe not

To be fair if she stood in front of me doing those kind of hip movements I most certainly wouldn't be trying to hit her My missus might do though
    A clever man learns from his mistakes but a truly wise man learns from the mistakes of others.

Wing Chun kung fu in Redditch
    Worcestershire Wing Chun Kuen on facebook

It seems to me not only is this not VT, it probably is not good martial arts mechanics. Asian martial arts have a characteristic of coordinating the hands and legs using the body as a connector. These 2 practitioners looked irritatingly disjointed in their movements. And I am wondering why they do chi sao like that since Keith Kernchecht is from Leung Ting tree. In LT's videos he clearly does not show this form of chi sao.

Blog Entries
    In this clip, what will happen if your opponet grabs on your wrist or elbow joint?

You may not like to grab on your opponent's wrist or elbow joint (offense), but you can't prevent your opponent from doing that to you (defense). Is that part of training missing (both offense and defense)?

The wrist and elbow grabbing (how to grab, and how to break grip) are not trained enough in Taiji push hand. It's also not trained enough in WC sticky hand either.

Why?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3h5_U...eature=related
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 10-01-2011 at 02:49 PM.

It gets funnier and worrying ....see second :34 exactly and pause, yeah 4 of them all doing a group version

Clip of weird chi-sao
    Last edited by k gledhill; 10-01-2011 at 03:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by k gledhill View Post
    It gets funnier and worrying ....see second :34 exactly and pause, yeah 4 of them all doing a group version

Clip of weird chi-sao
    They learned that directly from their Masta!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6O8T4RLZG8

Re the first clip again: The slightest bit of downward pressure would ruin them.
    "It is the peculiar quality of a fool to perceive the faults of others and to forget his own." -Cicero

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao3 Meng4 View Post
    They learned that directly from their Masta!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6O8T4RLZG8

Re the first clip again: The slightest bit of downward pressure would ruin them.

In the immortal words of J McEnroe "You Cannot Be Serious ! ",

Star Trekies versus a Klingon

Although I can't say I do this, I can understand the drill under some assumptions:
    That it is a drill and the purpose is simply to get the entire body moving using fairly exaggerated movements to get the knees, hips, etc moving. Its about waking up those joints in an extreme fashion using sticking hands as the basis of the drill. I would hope its not about technical or standard chi sao training.

It should also help the student learn to move and use the entire body for every move (although subtl) instead of typical wing chun stiff and flailing chain punches.

There seems to be a trend to train entire body movement into wt....it looks very weird but just as others judge wc and think regular chi sao is "lame" I think we should see what we can take from this and not judge right away.
    Grasshopper 2.0

Compact, portable home gym system perfect for martial artists!
    Maximize your STRIKING POWER!

www.mightygrasshopper.com
    Health, wellness, fitness and nutritional product reviews!

Check out my Wing Tsun Kung Fu Blog
    It's kung fu but with an honest perspective!
    Updated Mondays and Wednesdays

"This ain't Hollywood's kung fu!"

www.functionalwingtsun.com

Want to try? Hit up
    www.wingtsunkungfu.com

Quote Originally Posted by grasshopper 2.0 View Post
    Although I can't say I do this, I can understand the drill under some assumptions:
    That it is a drill and the purpose is simply to get the entire body moving using fairly exaggerated movements to get the knees, hips, etc moving. Its about waking up those joints in an extreme fashion using sticking hands as the basis of the drill. I would hope its not about technical or standard chi sao training.

It should also help the student learn to move and use the entire body for every move (although subtl) instead of typical wing chun stiff and flailing chain punches.

There seems to be a trend to train entire body movement into wt....it looks very weird but just as others judge wc and think regular chi sao is "lame" I think we should see what we can take from this and not judge right away.

Its not ving tsun...whatever it is.