Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: A clip

hmm kernspreich has come along way since I last saw him many years ago, guess thats one of the reasons the danish branch split from EWTO

Quote Originally Posted by jesper View Post
    hmm kernspreich has come along way since I last saw him many years ago, guess thats one of the reasons the danish branch split from EWTO
    More from the same....

URL="http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=DbHeqXvFSO8"
    Last edited by k gledhill; 10-02-2011 at 08:34 PM.

I have to assume that this is just another form of chi sao. It is actually an exagerated method of maintaining contact with someone in a close encounter. It is usually for the benefit of the woman really, as most men will attempt to grab and control them when they decide to manhandle them. The hand movements if you look closely do not seem to represent any attack or defense techniques, but it is actually a way of trying to control another persons hands and arms. It is an ongoing process and is practiced just like chi sao. In a confrontation it might not last for a split second, but can prevent a woman or smaller person from being grabbed and controlled that way. Actually, there are several things that you can develop with this practice, like moving the body in the process of avoiding an attacker. I know it is not normally seen in WC. I don't know about VT. I didn't realize the full potential of such until I would practice with my 2 older sisters. I could spend 10 minutes trying to take control and never actually put a hand on either one. I don't think it is something that most men would learn or practice. It is more of a passive defense.
    Jackie Lee

That's an old Whang Chung video of rooftop dancing from the 80's , it replaced Disco pretty much. Then there was "Dirty Dancing" in '89 and that fazed out when Hip-Hop started up. Now Dancing with the Stars is tak'in up some of Hip-Hop's decline in popularity.

Quote Originally Posted by k gledhill View Post
    It gets funnier and worrying ....see second :34 exactly and pause, yeah 4 of them all doing a group version

Clip of weird chi-sao
    That's the Plum flower Fairy Set. I've seen that before too.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Chiang Po View Post
    I have to assume that this is just another form of chi sao. It is actually an exagerated method of maintaining contact with someone in a close encounter. It is usually for the benefit of the woman really, as most men will attempt to grab and control them when they decide to manhandle them. The hand movements if you look closely do not seem to represent any attack or defense techniques, but it is actually a way of trying to control another persons hands and arms. It is an ongoing process and is practiced just like chi sao. In a confrontation it might not last for a split second, but can prevent a woman or smaller person from being grabbed and controlled that way. Actually, there are several things that you can develop with this practice, like moving the body in the process of avoiding an attacker. I know it is not normally seen in WC. I don't know about VT. I didn't realize the full potential of such until I would practice with my 2 older sisters. I could spend 10 minutes trying to take control and never actually put a hand on either one. I don't think it is something that most men would learn or practice. It is more of a passive defense.

I think humans came up with tickling and counters to tickling way before this...

It gets funnier and worrying ....see second :34 exactly and pause, yeah 4 of them all doing a group version

Clip of weird chi-sao
    Seriously... thats really disturbing

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao3 Meng4 View Post
    They learned that directly from their Masta!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6O8T4RLZG8

Re the first clip again: The slightest bit of downward pressure would ruin them.
    And thats even weirder!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GlennR View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6O8T4RLZG8

And thats even weirder!!!!
    That looked like the Three Stooges with the yellow Wiggle thrown in.

In the words of John McEnroe, "YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS!!!"
    "Once you reject experience, and begin looking for the mysterious, then you are caught!" - Krishnamurti
    "We are all one" - Genki Sudo
    "We are eternal, all this pain is an illusion" - Tool, Parabol/Parabola
    "Bro, you f***ed up a long time ago" - Kurt Osiander

WC Academy BJJ/MMA Academy Surviving Violent Crime TCM Info
    Don't like my posts? Challenge me!

Quote Originally Posted by anerlich View Post
    That looked like the Three Stooges with the yellow Wiggle thrown in.

In the words of John McEnroe, "YOU CANNOT BE SERIOUS!!!"
    The really amusing part is that they are trying to improve on it...

Wow. This has to be a joke. Please God let it be a joke.

The really amusing part is that they are trying to improve on it...
    Plus the 'high 5' at the end like, "We did it! Oh yah!!!"
    “An ounce of action is worth a ton of theory.” – Friedrich Engels

Its not ving tsun...whatever it is.
    It's not your Ving Tsun Kev!

But with all respect to what everyone has said here, this type of Yong Chun is more popular in the mainland and also has hints of Shaolin Weng Chun too and I (or anyone else for that matter) can't really say if that's Wing Chun or not imho.

What we can definitely say is that it isn't how xxx taught me

But for some reason the same guys get on the bandwagon of insults CLASSIC!
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

More strangeness?

Less use of the spiral energy you can see in the previous clips, but again a different family of Wing Chun that has their own specialities imho

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvA_l08zJVw

Very similar in power generation to this Saam Bai Fut form from Sifu Hoffman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_sau...eature=related

But of course, it CAN'T be Wing Chun can it??! Hmmm
    Last edited by LoneTiger108; 10-05-2011 at 08:57 AM.
    Ti Fei
    詠春國術

Um..... Ya .......... WTF???
    "The ultimate nature of survival is maintaining your balance"