Thread: Valuable TCMA skill

Valuable TCMA skill

Was thinking what I'd do if a shark attacked me while perched on my longboard tonight.... definitely build a bridge and try to ride it out, roll it off.

... then I thought about all the times of having a solid but absorbable bridge has helped me carry drinks in crowded clubs, deal with drunks, rowdy crowds. Tragedies adverted.

I wouldn't try to right hook it. I don't think boxing would be the first option. Only if it latched on.

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    P
    most of the people that have survived shark attacks have hit them in the nose or struck to the eyes. I would focus on those techniques that have been shown to work successfully rather than trying to reinvent the wheel -especially when it comes to dealing with a shark. In the ring you can get a seco.d chance.
    Umless you have access to a shark tank...and friends with bang sticks..._
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

I guess anything that is really fun is also really dangerous. I can still vividly remember a fellow giving instructions about what to do when or if attacked by a shark. He had some really great information and it seemed that it would work too. The gulf that summer was full of hammerheads and tigers. That late afternoon I stood and watched as that same fellow bled out and died on the beach. He had been savaged by a pair of big tiger sharks. One had him, the other was trying to take him away. There were lots of medics working on him, but he was cut up so badly that they could not prevent his bleeding. That same evening I gave my board away. I was not a real surfer, but wanted to do it. This guy was going to teach us and let us have fun with it. It was one of the most frightning things I have ever been close to. And you are completely helpless.
    Are they selling the new shark repellent yet.
    Jackie Lee

Don't try to fight animals, you will lose.

EO

Surfing or swimming during certain months of the year is a bad idea, at dusk and dawn and during the night (feeding time) also bad idea. I've lived near or on the ocean when I was younger and have been in Tiger Shark territory the wrong time of day/night in the water but did not know then what I do now.

Quote Originally Posted by TenTigers View Post
    P
    most of the people that have survived shark attacks have hit them in the nose or struck to the eyes. I would focus on those techniques that have been shown to work successfully rather than trying to reinvent the wheel -especially when it comes to dealing with a shark. In the ring you can get a seco.d chance.
    Umless you have access to a shark tank...and friends with bang sticks..._
    100% agree.

I was just thinking if I had the chance and saw it coming I would take a similar approach of trying to gain contact with it first, instead of swinging first and hoping I hit it's nose or gills.

Many people lose their arm or leg punching/kicking into the sharks mouth.... sad truth is, most don't see it coming.

Surfer got attacked here in Hatilo on Fri..... surf's getting fun though. The season is starting.

i would try to get an underhook, feint, and attempt a double leg takedown.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Huntington, NY, USA website: TenTigers.com
    Quote Originally Posted by bawang View Post
    i would try to get an underhook, and faint.
    there. fixed it for ya.
    "My Gung-Fu may not be Your Gung-Fu.
    Gwok-Si, Gwok-Faht"

"I will not be part of the generation
    that killed Kung-Fu."

....step.

Hate to say it..

From what I seem to remember hearing in the past the best target to go for would be it's eyes... no one likes to get something in the eyes and for a shark a good old bil jie might just do the trick ;' )

FWIW

LFD