Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Choy Lee Fut VS Pak Mei

...but I understand. It's that proven tendency to train things one way and then use them completely differently. Spend countless hours in low horse stance forms and then stand erect like, well, a kick boxer.

Makes sense. Seems to be working out. How many Choy Lee Fut guys are in the UFC?

1, 2, NONE!!!!!!!

Guys let us all be friends. We need a good laugh to lighten the mood.

Dave Ross please post your one san da fight where you were beaten in one punch. I will get the popcorn ready.

Blog Entries
    ...but I understand. It's that proven tendency to train things one way and then use them completely differently. Spend countless hours in low horse stance forms and then stand erect like, well, a kick boxer.

Makes sense. Seems to be working out. How many Choy Lee Fut guys are in the UFC?

1, 2, NONE!!!!!!!
    LMAO!!!!!! YOU aren't in the UFC either.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Pina View Post
    You see one and then a return to base. And then maybe another and return to base.

You don't see a succession of large, telegraphed windmill like strikes....if you saw that tendency in a fighter it would be front kick city and double leg takedowns all day. That's why I didn't see those element strikes even in the San Da footage.

http://www.mma-core.com/videos/_Vlad...1?vid=10003564

funny because is see three windmills trikes in succession here and we hasnt front kicked or taken down

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down

Ray, it is a known fact that choy la fut is for deadly street fighting where there are no cameras. The cameras are only around for the forms and never the sparring. But it had to be true that choy la fut teaches people to fight and not just do forms. Just look at all the video....

It should be called choy lay GUT. Dave Ross did lama and choy lay gut and look at his muscles. He is the perfect Kung Fu specimen.

He and Mike Patterson eat at the same donut shop every day but oy Mike drinks the Kung Fu kool aide.

Yes, we're sorry that our fledgling full contact venue isn't as popular as another
    We're also sorry that none of the small number of practitioners in the west has risen to the elite levels of a format they haven't trained for
    This discussion is largely meaningless for another decade, when the new generation of teachers who've done San Shou and submission wrestling will see the fruition of their programs.
    So, to recap, you've massively dragged the thread miles off topic to spout your misplaced vitriol for no real reason. This is pretty universally known as trolling.
    "The man who stands for nothing is likely to fall for anything"
    www.swindonkungfu.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Gash View Post
    Yes, we're sorry that our fledgling full contact venue isn't as popular as another
    We're also sorry that none of the small number of practitioners in the west has risen to the elite levels of a format they haven't trained for
    This discussion is largely meaningless for another decade, when the new generation of teachers who've done San Shou and submission wrestling will see the fruition of their programs.
    So, to recap, you've massively dragged the thread miles off topic to spout your misplaced vitriol for no real reason. This is pretty universally known as trolling.
    Wow, was all this really necessary. You are a bright one.

Ray's the one who's trolling.
    "The man who stands for nothing is likely to fall for anything"
    www.swindonkungfu.co.uk

Choy lay guy guys beat wing chun guys in Hong kong 50 years ago. Wow, big accomplishment. That is like me beating the people in the kid's class.

Blog Entries
    WTF is up with his eyebrow man hhahahaha
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Luckily that after the last round of bannings we don't have any more trolls.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    LMAO!!!!!! YOU aren't in the UFC either.
    This isn't about me.

I would think we certainly don't want to start questioning our individual fighting experiences do we?

I'm 37. I tried my MMA experience and aside from a couple wins against lesser, mediocre players, I wasn't successful. Found the right path a little late in life and now don't have the time/desire to put into it what it requires: full dedicated devotion.

With that said, I don't take credit for other's success nor make excuses for my failures. I do my own fighting for myself. When I teach, I teach from a place of first hand experience.

Gaging from your videos. You're what? 270lbs? You ready to step up and fight an MMA super heavy weight?

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Gash View Post
    So you're saying TCMA will be in 2011 in 2021?

Pontificate much???