Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Choy Lee Fut VS Pak Mei

Ross banned himself nearly a month ago and he still gets trolled.

Blog Entries
    This isn't about me.

I would think we certainly don't want to start questioning our individual fighting experiences do we?

I'm 37. I tried my MMA experience and aside from a couple wins against lesser, mediocre players, I wasn't successful. Found the right path a little late in life and now don't have the time/desire to put into it what it requires: full dedicated devotion.

With that said, I don't take credit for other's success nor make excuses for my failures. I do my own fighting for myself. When I teach, I teach from a place of first hand experience.

Gaging from your videos. You're what? 270lbs? You ready to step up and fight an MMA super heavy weight?
    For one, you're 37, I'm 43. Yes, i'm a big, fat guy. So what. Do you know how hard it is to come back from being paralyzed from the waist down? I do. I was told I would never walk again after falling 50 feet, breaking 3 parts of my back. IMHO, to me, that is more important than winning any sport or sport fighting record. yes, i gained weight. But I'm back to working on losing it. I hit my spin bike, i train along with my students. But is losing weight my primary focus? No. I don't mind being big aside from having to wear bigger clothes, i don't move like a sloth.

I'm not into fighting for sport. Sure I like watching it, but that is a game for those who want to play it. where i live, fighting happens all the time. for example, although we didn't fight the guy (you'll understand why) last sunday we were having a tong meeting when this crazy violent type of screaming took place. there was a crazy chinese guy with a HUUUUUUGE ass crocodile dundee type knife. He tried to attack our people but a few us held the guy off from entering our tong so they the guy started stabbing and chopping at his own arm. i mean the sh1t was crazy. I can still hear in my head the sound of this guys artery SPURTING out blood. its really a nasty sound haha.

So i don't worry about sport fighting. I have enough out here to deal with. see the guys bloody shirt on the floor at the feet of the Fireman.......SQUIRT SQUIRT ........

Last edited by hskwarrior; 10-07-2011 at 09:12 AM.
    Hung Sing Boyz, we gottit on lock down
    when he's around quick to ground and pound a clown
    Bruh we thought you knew better
    when it comes to head huntin, ain't no one can do it better

Blog Entries
    Ray, I did just realize something...... "I coulda been a contenda"....... is how you sound bro. just saying.

This subject does touch on the "stepping up " fallacy. Is the measure of a MAist really whether he's stepped into a ring? You're only as good as the opponents you've beat squarely. So and so may have had a few bouts, but against who? Tomato cans don't count. And can one be certain the guy who doesn't have a "record" hasn't actually fought in hard contact matches?

So...

Just because one has been in a ring, does that give one clout to pontificate over all others?

Blog Entries
    This subject does touch on the "stepping up " fallacy. Is the measure of a MAist really whether he's stepped into a ring? You're only as good as the opponents you've beat squarely. So and so may have had a few bouts, but against who? Tomato cans don't count. And can one be certain the guy who doesn't have a "record" hasn't actually fought in hard contact matches?

So...

Just because one has been in a ring, does that give one clout to pontificate over all others?
    perhaps his ship has sailed and he's pretty bitter bout it all. its ok. just make sure our students don't miss the ship. But lets be completely real without offense intended, if Ray really was the elite his fight record would reflect that, correct? good or bad, you whip all. that is why the ELITE are ELITE. just because you train in a fighting method that has produced ELITE athletes isn't a promise that HE will be elite as well.

The state that resembles a middle finger.
    This thread is somewhat similar to a goat biting down on your d!ck.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i had an old taichi lady talk smack behind my back. i mean comon man, come on. if it was 200 years ago,, mebbe i wouldve smacked her and took all her monehs.
    Originally posted by Bawang
    i am manly and strong. do not insult me cracker.

Blog Entries
    Ok the imagery of that made me LOL.......funny funny

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonzbane76 View Post
    no. thats more enjoyable.

Honorary African American
    grandmaster instructor of Wombat Combat The Lost Art of Anal Destruction™®LLC .
    Senior Business Director at TEAM ASSHAMMER consulting services ™®LLC

Quote Originally Posted by hskwarrior View Post
    if Ray really was the elite his fight record would reflect that, correct? good or bad, you whip all. that is why the ELITE are ELITE. just because you train in a fighting method that has produced ELITE athletes isn't a promise that HE will be elite as well.
    I never said I was an elite competitive fighter. I said I am a life long martial artists who has entered various competitions to test my skills. I never won until training BJJ/MMA.... granted, those skills are specific to the venue I was interested in. But these skills made me a better martial artists. I have no illusions at being on the bottom of the pecking order of MMA. In fact, I no longer compete in MMA.

However, like it or not, as one of only a few members here who have competed in sanctioned events, that does make me elite here..... which I admit doesn't say much.

Blog Entries
    However, like it or not, as one of only a few members here who have competed in sanctioned events, that does make me elite here..... which I admit doesn't say much.
    Its ok to wish you were elite bro. you can be whatever you wanna be dude. its ok with me.

Ray's record may not be elite but that means all you deadly Kung Fu fighters are even less elite. So stop pretending.

If you had not broke your back would you have had a better record than Ray? Probably not.

Quote Originally Posted by RWilson View Post
    Ray's record may not be elite but that means all you deadly Kung Fu fighters are even less elite. .
    I think its more comparable to someone who played a bit of high school football chest puffing at the kids at pee wee practice.

there's plenty of fighters on sherdog for example. Why not post there where you can be amongst your supposed peers? unless of course your accomplishments will pale in comparison to them and therefore make one insecure.

A scrub is a scrub. Merely going on a place where theres less competitors and acting like you're big stuff only makes you look sad no matter how you want to slice it. I doubt anyone here is dense enough not to see the ole big fish in a small pond routine when its being played out.
    Last edited by goju; 10-07-2011 at 03:49 PM.

I am pork boy, the breakfast monkey.

left leg: mild bruising. right leg: charley horse

handsomerest member of KFM forum hands down

Quote Originally Posted by RWilson View Post
    Ray's record may not be elite but that means all you deadly Kung Fu fighters are even less elite. So stop pretending.

If you had not broke your back would you have had a better record than Ray? Probably not.
    Wow, mature............

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Pina View Post

That only means you competed in a tourney, against whom? Anybody of note? How does that distinguish you from the guy who did hard contact in his basement? The level of talent is the same. Its all grandstanding. You going in and losing at that age doesn't prove anything either. Its ridiculous. You're really going with that "by proxy" stance? That "You were there" so therefore you're part of the band? The 5th Beatle? LOL!

This "sick men of asia" routine shit belongs in bad kung fu films.

You assume too much of the people here. You do realize that several people on this board were in their fighting prime long before such events existed. Before video was available to every schmuck with a phone.

Again, I've asked you this before. What makes you so special? I haven't seen anything of your vids that makes me sit up in my chair. Neither from you or your "opponents".

Also, some of your footage was from bullshido TDs , not exactly a bragging right.

Do us all a favor. If you want to prove your point, go on a road trip. Challenge every school you can. And then sit on your soap box and blow brown fart bubbles.
    Last edited by Lebaufist; 10-07-2011 at 07:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebaufist View Post
    You assume too much of the people here. You do realize that several people on this board were in their fighting prime long before such events existed. Before video was available to every schmuck with a phone.

Again, I've asked you this before. What makes so special? I haven't seen anything of your vids that makes me sit up in my chair. Neither from you or your "opponents".

Also, some of your footage was from bullshido TDs , not exactly a bragging right.

Do us all a favor. If you want to prove your point, go on a road trip. Challenge every school you can.
    +1

Alternately,

You could just keep quiet, train like you are serious about it, and make it your personal business to get better for life like some of us have been doing for years. To be in the top % takes sacrifice, a lot of it, and that from my experience is the real truth. The nicer things in life are great, but each one of them detracts from time one could spend sharpening their skill set and strengthening self discipline. Being honest with ourselves about what we are putting in allows for realistic expectations of what we can expect to get out.
    -Golden Arms-