Thread: Question for YouKnowWho Shaolin Long Fist Guys...

Question for YouKnowWho Shaolin Long Fist Guys...

Greetings,

In one of the articles written by Adam Hsu in his Black Belt magazine series, "Sword Polishers Record", he mentions a method of stationary running that the Long Fist practitioners used that offered great benefits. That was pretty much all he wrote about it. I am making the assumption that he was referring to Han Ching Tan lineage Long Fist.

Would you (plural) please detail more about it?

Thank you,

mickey

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mickey View Post
    stationary running ...
    Not sure that you are talking about the longfist 行步(Xing Bu). It exists in many longfist forms.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-D_TFKl-Jc

It's the same as the SC 矮子步(Ai Zi Bu). It's just a low bow-stance walking that build up your leg strength and also develop silk reeling.

In SC, if you don't do 矮子步(Ai Zi Bu), you may be able to do your hip throw solo drill 200 times non-stop. If you do 矮子步(Ai Zi Bu), you should be able to do your hip throw solo drill at least 250 times non-stop. That's how much your 行步(Xing Bu) or 矮子步(Ai Zi Bu) can enhance you body endurance.
    Last edited by YouKnowWho; 09-29-2011 at 07:58 PM.

Greetings YouKnowWho,

I have to be a little more careful with my words. I should have typed stationary jogging. Thank you for what you have shared with me.

mickey