Hi, my first post but I check the site from time to time.

I have a question about a problem I am having, that may or may not be down to my training. I train in 5 ancestors and have done for about 3 years now. About 6 months ago I began waking in the night and finding that my little finger and ring finger were numb (this happened in both hands) at its peak it was happening most nights for 3-4 weeks.

I googled it and thought carpel tunnel or some kind or rsi... I do a lot of forearm tendon exercises, tiger claw flexing being the major one, and found my ulner nerve on the inside of my elbow was very tender. I cut down as a precaution but can't honestly say if it helped or not... I don't think I was overtraining and I wasnt using any weights/resistance.

I went to my GP and it was pretty much a waste of time, he was convinced I was sleeping on my arm or something then suggested I have a cortisone steroid injection. I didnt want this as from what I gather it's just to mask the problem and I don't really want a quick fix that may even hold slight risks.

Anyway as result I consciously adjusted how I slept and for a time wrapped my arms in a towel at night to keep them straight. It worked and I got to the point that I stopped using the towels and began to sleep normally again.

Two months on and I have recently been away and not training. However, with this break I have found the problem seems to be returning. Whilst away I began to wake with pins and needles or numbness again in most of my fingers this time. Once again this was only at night. Since returning home I have trained just once and we did a lot of punching (loose snapping and twisting) along with palming and chopping (thin air no boards or bags). I now am having pins and needles again at night less numbness but the I assume the numbness follows as a result of the tingling.

I'm really frustrated none of my fellow students have experienced this but it's a litle worrying and leaving my palms a little sore the following day.

Anyone had a similar experience or have any advice?

One thing that may be having an impact is that I *think* the symptoms may be at their worst after I have been drinking alcohol that night??? Maybe I'm clutching at straws...

Thanks for reading.