Thread: My Theory on Fighting

My Theory on Fighting

This is my humble Opinion on fighting with Wing Chun.

But I think Punches are wasted punching in the air running down on a moving opponent who. I also think throwing wild front kicks trying to nail a opponent who is evading or retreating is futile.

Here is what I believe and how I train the WC in fighting

Chi Sau - Is to develop sensitivity so you can feel your opponents attentions and learn how to cancel out his force with out having to utilize alot energy. It teaches you also how to relax in close combat. Being Relax is key. If your bridge is tense you will lack sensitivity and ability to control your opponent. Chi Sau allows you to practice isolated techniques in WC which will give you muscle memory. There are many different variations of Chi Sau. All of which develop your sensitivity in different ways.

Gor Sau - Teaches you how use your power. Only after you have attain some sensitivity in Chi Sau should you really attempt Gor Sau. Gor Sau teaches you how to fight close quarters. How to attack a persons Once a bridge a made. How to control their bridge so you can hit them or kick them with out being attacked back. Gor Sau allows you to be comfortable fighting with power in a close promixity of your opponent. Gor Sau allows you to apply WC techniques on resisting opponent so you can see how they work or dont work.

San Da - Allows you to apply entry techniques to bridge the gap. It also teaches you how defend against long range attacks and prepare you for when clinch comes how to react against a fighter who goes in and out. With San Da you bridge the gap. Use controlling techniques like Jut Sau, Lop Sau and basic WC traps to prevent your opponent from moving away.

-Fighting Concepts In Wing Chun-

WC is an offensive Art. The Main strategy is to attack. Most enemies will be out side fighters. That means you will need utilize stop kicks or leg checks to control or limit their movements as you time them. You can use outside kicks or punches to establish a bridge.

The best way to establish a bridge is to hit your opponent if he moves his hand to cover lop da. After you lop Sau continually hit him and kick him while feeling for changes in his posture. If he tries to draw his hand back hit him some more. If he bobs and weaves step on his toe an mash down on it as you chain punch his center. If throws a punch Bil Da or bil sau an then jut Da and continously hit him and follow him. If he leaves follow, if he advances an attack receive. When he is still attack! When there is loss of contact rush in with multiple attacks. Don't stop hitting him until he doesn't move.

Bridges are created when you intercept your opponents punch, he intercepts yours, or you pass his guards by pak da or tan da or jut da as entry technique. If he holds his hands out slap them. If he has no guards punch him several times.

Keep the pressure up. Be aggressive and relentless. Kick his shins and knees and ankles and groin while you simultaneously create a bridge by intercepting his punch or jerking his guards or punching him!

Once you are in WC range attack and attack and attack. When you are not in range utilize entry techniques and bridge the gap! When you retreat attack also. Punches and Kicks together put your foe in jeopardy. Kick is legs while you open his doors to punch is face. Keep him confuse and off balance. Push him, pull him, jerk him, and even hold him one spot with your foot on his. Trap his arms an hit his center!

If your fighting an opponent of greater skill or greater strength attack him at a angle or flank him by turning him with controlling techniques. If your opponent is weaker and less skilled than you attack him head on and over power him!

-Flow
    -Aggression
    -Defend while attacking simultaneously
    -Pull, Jerk, Grab, Slap
    -use Sensitivy to feel for changes
    -Be relax with your force and explode on impact
    -Bridge should be soft but pak sau and jut sau should be hard
    -Attack moving forward and attack while moving backwards
    -Jut Sau and front kick or side kick
    -Lop Sau and stamp the side of knee

This is just a little of opinions on fighting with WC!!!

this is how i practice, train and employ my WC!
    The Flow is relentless like a raging ocean with crashing waves devasting anything in its path.

"Kick Like Thunder, Strike Like Lighting, Fist Hard as Stones."

"Wing Chun flows around overwhelming force and finds openings with its constant flow of forward energy."

"Always Attack, Be Aggressive always Attack first, Be Relentless. Continue with out ceasing. Flow Like Water, Move like the wind, Attack Like Fire. Consume and overwhelm your Adversary until he is No More"

That is why, as I said many times before, I treat my opponent as cattle. Why?

1. You will not bring down a bull by randomly smashing it. You will need to wrangle it then slaughter it.
    2. You can't stop a bull. Neither can you stop a person bigger than you with a "crash or crash through" mentality. You get out of its way, get away from the horns, and deal with the bull where the bull is weak.
    3. Mentally, it makes your life easier when you don't see it as a fight, but a task. It also makes it easier when you don't see your opponent as human, just meat.

In a way, when you look at how cows are slaughtered in third world countries, while I don't condone unnecessary cruelty to animals, their methods are correct.

That's also the method I use for practicing knives. That's how we should fight.
    Dr. J Fung
    www.kulowingchun.com

"打得好就詠春,打得唔好就dum春"

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshiyahu View Post
    This is my humble Opinion on fighting with Wing Chun.

But I think Punches are wasted punching in the air running down on a moving opponent who. I also think throwing wild front kicks trying to nail a opponent who is evading or retreating is futile.

Here is what I believe and how I train the WC in fighting

Chi Sau - Is to develop sensitivity so you can feel your opponents attentions and learn how to cancel out his force with out having to utilize alot energy. It teaches you also how to relax in close combat. Being Relax is key. If your bridge is tense you will lack sensitivity and ability to control your opponent. Chi Sau allows you to practice isolated techniques in WC which will give you muscle memory. There are many different variations of Chi Sau. All of which develop your sensitivity in different ways.

Gor Sau - Teaches you how use your power. Only after you have attain some sensitivity in Chi Sau should you really attempt Gor Sau. Gor Sau teaches you how to fight close quarters. How to attack a persons Once a bridge a made. How to control their bridge so you can hit them or kick them with out being attacked back. Gor Sau allows you to be comfortable fighting with power in a close promixity of your opponent. Gor Sau allows you to apply WC techniques on resisting opponent so you can see how they work or dont work.

San Da - Allows you to apply entry techniques to bridge the gap. It also teaches you how defend against long range attacks and prepare you for when clinch comes how to react against a fighter who goes in and out. With San Da you bridge the gap. Use controlling techniques like Jut Sau, Lop Sau and basic WC traps to prevent your opponent from moving away.

-Fighting Concepts In Wing Chun-

WC is an offensive Art. The Main strategy is to attack. Most enemies will be out side fighters. That means you will need utilize stop kicks or leg checks to control or limit their movements as you time them. You can use outside kicks or punches to establish a bridge.

The best way to establish a bridge is to hit your opponent if he moves his hand to cover lop da. After you lop Sau continually hit him and kick him while feeling for changes in his posture. If he tries to draw his hand back hit him some more. If he bobs and weaves step on his toe an mash down on it as you chain punch his center. If throws a punch Bil Da or bil sau an then jut Da and continously hit him and follow him. If he leaves follow, if he advances an attack receive. When he is still attack! When there is loss of contact rush in with multiple attacks. Don't stop hitting him until he doesn't move.

Bridges are created when you intercept your opponents punch, he intercepts yours, or you pass his guards by pak da or tan da or jut da as entry technique. If he holds his hands out slap them. If he has no guards punch him several times.

Keep the pressure up. Be aggressive and relentless. Kick his shins and knees and ankles and groin while you simultaneously create a bridge by intercepting his punch or jerking his guards or punching him!

Once you are in WC range attack and attack and attack. When you are not in range utilize entry techniques and bridge the gap! When you retreat attack also. Punches and Kicks together put your foe in jeopardy. Kick is legs while you open his doors to punch is face. Keep him confuse and off balance. Push him, pull him, jerk him, and even hold him one spot with your foot on his. Trap his arms an hit his center!

If your fighting an opponent of greater skill or greater strength attack him at a angle or flank him by turning him with controlling techniques. If your opponent is weaker and less skilled than you attack him head on and over power him!

-Flow
    -Aggression
    -Defend while attacking simultaneously
    -Pull, Jerk, Grab, Slap
    -use Sensitivy to feel for changes
    -Be relax with your force and explode on impact
    -Bridge should be soft but pak sau and jut sau should be hard
    -Attack moving forward and attack while moving backwards
    -Jut Sau and front kick or side kick
    -Lop Sau and stamp the side of knee

This is just a little of opinions on fighting with WC!!!

this is how i practice, train and employ my WC!
    -------------------------------------------------------
    just words.

My theory on fighting for ANY MA is in my sig line.
    It never fails and works for everyone.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by tigershorty View Post
    joy is a d*ck.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I don't think that deserves a reply.

great post!

I like that...very nice and concise!

Quote Originally Posted by imperialtaichi View Post
    That is why, as I said many times before, I treat my opponent as cattle. Why?

1. You will not bring down a bull by randomly smashing it. You will need to wrangle it then slaughter it.
    2. You can't stop a bull. Neither can you stop a person bigger than you with a "crash or crash through" mentality. You get out of its way, get away from the horns, and deal with the bull where the bull is weak.
    3. Mentally, it makes your life easier when you don't see it as a fight, but a task. It also makes it easier when you don't see your opponent as human, just meat.

In a way, when you look at how cows are slaughtered in third world countries, while I don't condone unnecessary cruelty to animals, their methods are correct.

That's also the method I use for practicing knives. That's how we should fight.
    The Flow is relentless like a raging ocean with crashing waves devasting anything in its path.

"Wing Chun flows around overwhelming force and finds openings with its constant flow of forward energy."

"Always Attack, Be Aggressive always Attack first, Be Relentless. Continue with out ceasing. Flow Like Water, Move like the wind, Attack Like Fire. Consume and overwhelm your Adversary until he is No More"

Quote Originally Posted by Vajramusti View Post
    just words.
    Can you apply those Words?

Can you apply those Words?
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whose words- your mimicking what others have said- without learning wing chun?
    TN from St Louis is not the list any more. I did not always agree with him. But he was spot on- regarding your wing chun. best to let this go. I just did. I am not your adversary.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TN from St Louis is not the list any more. I did not always agree with him. But he was spot on- regarding your wing chun. best to let this go. I just did. I am not your adversary.
    OOh Well as for Wing Chun...your more than welcome to come Saint Louis. We can play chi sau all day long. or we strap on the mma gloves an have some fun...i have two pair of gloves just in case!

or we strap on the mma gloves an have some fun...i have two pair of gloves just in case!
    int3rw3bz g0ng s@u ????!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wayfaring View Post
    int3rw3bz g0ng s@u ????!!!!!!!!
    No comprende primo!

just words.
    wow... so insightful
    if you can't add to the discussion you're just trolling with the above.

While I found his post a little off the mark at least he has something to say. Sad you couldn't comprehend it

OOh Well as for Wing Chun...your more than welcome to come Saint Louis. We can play chi sau all day long. or we strap on the mma gloves an have some fun...i have two pair of gloves just in case!
    haha, good luck with that. He wouldn't even let me or any of my students come watch his class and I teach 2 miles from his school.
    Last edited by JPinAZ; 10-18-2011 at 05:01 PM.
    What chi sau is, or isn't, or is, or wait, what is it..: http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...2&postcount=90

Quote Originally Posted by JPinAZ View Post
    wow... so insightful
    if you can't add to the discussion you're just trolling with the above.

While I found his post a little off the mark at least he has something to say. Sad you couldn't comprehend it

haha, good luck with that. He wouldn't even let me or any of my students come watch his class and I teach 2 miles from his school.
    Yes some people have nothing to contribute!

Joy,

What if someone says the same thing about your WC, just like you are saying about TN being spot on in his assesment of Yoshi's? Are you willing to back it up if yoshi calls you out? are you willing to back it up if someone else calls you out as well?
    Or are you just trolling?

Jonathan
    What chi sau is, or isn't, or is, or wait, what is it..: http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/foru...2&postcount=90

Quote Originally Posted by JPinAZ View Post
    Joy,

What if someone says the same thing about your WC, just like you are saying about TN being spot on in his assesment of Yoshi's? Are you willing to back it up if yoshi calls you out? are you willing to back it up if someone else calls you out as well?
    Or are you just trolling?

Jonathan

Thank you JPinAZ....I think he just wants to get a rise out of someone...