Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: my second powerlifting Comp

You put in the work, and you had the balls and consistency to compete. That's more than most(myself included) can say. I'm just too **** lazy, tbh. Kids tend to make stuff like this impossible. At least until they get older...

Anyways, you got the experience, and that counts for a lot. You've obviously learned from it too, so it wasn't a total bust.

Btw, how is your MA training going? Do you feel they are interfering with each other?
    It is better to have less thunder in the mouth and more lightning in the hand. - Apache Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by JamesC View Post
    You put in the work, and you had the balls and consistency to compete. That's more than most(myself included) can say. I'm just too **** lazy, tbh. Kids tend to make stuff like this impossible. At least until they get older...

Anyways, you got the experience, and that counts for a lot. You've obviously learned from it too, so it wasn't a total bust.

Btw, how is your MA training going? Do you feel they are interfering with each other?
    im managing to do 1 x 2hr grappling class a week as well as 1 x 2hr stand up class, i was also managing to get back with my old TCMA instructor but after a few classes my work scedule changed which means i can only train with him now and then, which is no good to him or me lol which is annoying.,
    Grappling twice a week and powerlifting twice a week does take its out of me i think at my age to be really good at one i would have to drop the other.

As it is i get 2 complete rest days a week, to be a great powerlifter i need more than that, and to be at the level i was once in grappling i need to train that three times a week and rest the same amount, thats not going to happen as i love both so am happy being ok at both

Quote Originally Posted by Frost View Post
    im managing to do 1 x 2hr grappling class a week as well as 1 x 2hr stand up class, i was also managing to get back with my old TCMA instructor but after a few classes my work scedule changed which means i can only train with him now and then, which is no good to him or me lol which is annoying.,
    Grappling twice a week and powerlifting twice a week does take its out of me i think at my age to be really good at one i would have to drop the other.

As it is i get 2 complete rest days a week, to be a great powerlifter i need more than that, and to be at the level i was once in grappling i need to train that three times a week and rest the same amount, thats not going to happen as i love both so am happy being ok at both
    Much wisdom here...
    May I suggest this though, IF you choose to be more competitive in either or I suggest periodization.
    When you are doing grappling for a meet, dedicate 8 weeks to training every day to grappling and drop the PL.
    When you are doing a PL meet, do the same.
    IF you keep your training consistent year round, the 8 week lay off form either won't cut too much into the gains you make.
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    Much wisdom here...
    May I suggest this though, IF you choose to be more competitive in either or I suggest periodization.
    When you are doing grappling for a meet, dedicate 8 weeks to training every day to grappling and drop the PL.
    When you are doing a PL meet, do the same.
    IF you keep your training consistent year round, the 8 week lay off form either won't cut too much into the gains you make.
    I would go with this.