Thread: Ass Pilaf - aka Constantine

Ass Pilaf - aka Constantine

I avoided it - who was not so lucky?
    All my fight strategy is based on deliberately injuring my opponents. -
    Crippled Avenger

"It is the same in all wars; the soldiers do the fighting, the journalists do the shouting, and no true patriot ever get near a front-line trench, except on the briefest of propoganda visits...Perhaps when the next great war comes we may see that sight unprecendented in all history, a jingo with a bullet-hole in him."

First you get good, then you get fast, then you get good and fast.

I was determined to hate this movie, being a big fan of the comics. I must admit the trailer didn't look half bad, tho...
    Royce can choke as many people as he wants. He'll never have a cartoon as cool as Jackie Chan Adventures.

-- Chang Style Novice

i saw it. i liked it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho Mantis View Post
    Genes too busy rocking the gang and scarfing down bags of cheetos while beating it to nacho ninjettes and laughing at the ridiculous posts on the kfforum. In a horse stance of course.

I've never read the comics, the art sucks ass for the most part. However I did see the movie, I've always had a fascination with the christian mythology based on the war in heaven or whatever. Anyway, other then KR being stony faced and unemotional as usual, the movie wasn't all that bad.
    Having not really read the comic I can't give you a comparison but my guess is anyone who complains about every movie not being anything like the book/comic, will complain about this one as well. that and Rachel Weis was looking hot as ever!

The art wasn't what was good about the comics The story kinda sucked, too, until Garth Ennis took over writing it.

I don't mind if a movie deviates from the comic... I liked the X-Men movies, the Spider-man movies, The Hulk, etc. I just hate when they take something good (in general... not just comic books) and make a **** movie out of it
    Royce can choke as many people as he wants. He'll never have a cartoon as cool as Jackie Chan Adventures.

-- Chang Style Novice

It was better than I expected, but not great. I've never read the comic books.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oso View Post
    AND, yea, a good bit of it is about whether you can fight with what you know...kinda all of it is about that.

just went to see Constantine

I liked it actually. It wasnt all "Holier than thou" and "praise be" and the rest of that papal clap jap. Nice and dark. Good special effects.
    I thought that it could have been done a little better in certain areas,,character developement and all,and i really did not like the ending(that could have been way better) but all in all i thought it was a decent film to go see.

PEACE,,TWS
    It makes me mad when people say I turned and ran like a scared rabbit. Maybe it was like an angry rabbit, who was going to fight in another fight, away from the first fight.

I liked it. Nice scenery/photo, pretty good dialouge (considering what they were talking about). The dark feeling stuck through the entire movie rather than going ínto extreme holy wood action.
    All right now, son, I want you to get a good night's rest. And remember, I could murder you while you sleep.
    Hey son, I bought you a puppy today after work. But then I killed it and ate it! Hahah, I´m just kidding. I would never buy you a puppy.

"Three witches watch three Swatch watches. Which witch watch which Swatch watch?"

"Three switched witches watch three Swatch watch switches. Which switched witch watch which Swatch watch switch?."

ttt 4 2015

So bad it earned this dubious thread title and then was overlooked here when the NBC series came about.

Constantine Cancelled at NBC, But the Series Isn’t Dead Yet
    BY SILAS LESNICK ON MAY 8, 2015

There’s some troubling news this morning for fans of the DC Comics television series“Constantine.” Following a halt in production last fall, NBC has now officially cancelled the show. While Matt Ryan’s John Constantine may not be returning to the network, executive producer Daniel Cerone has taken to Twitter to remind fans that “Constantine” isn’t dead yet and that the show is now looking for a home elsewhere.

The series, which has so far aired a single 13-episode first season, stars Ryan (“Criminal Minds”) as the chain-smoking supernatural detective first introduced by Alan Moore in “Saga of the Swamp Thing” and later spun off into his own series, “Hellblazer.” The first season also stars Angélica Celaya (“Dallas”), Harold Perrineau (“Lost”) and Charles Halford.

Produced by Bonanza Productions in association with Warner Bros. Television, “Constantine” is written and is executive produced by Daniel Cerone (“Dexter”), David S. Goyer and Mark Verheiden.
    Gene Ching
    Publisher www.KungFuMagazine.com
    Author of Shaolin Trips
    Support our forum by getting your gear at MartialArtSmart