Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Avengers!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    Now that they have all these guys in independent films, I'd like to see this move:

youll never see that movie. because except for the hulk marvel doesnt have the rights to make any of those films.

word. detective comics anyone?

For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

Quote Originally Posted by doug maverick View Post
    youll never see that movie. because except for the hulk marvel doesnt have the rights to make any of those films.
    fukin booooo...
    For whoso comes amongst many shall one day find that no one man is by so far the mightiest of all.

doubt it...honestly...and im saying this as a fan of dark knight....this movie gave you what you want in a super hero movie...nolan doesnt make the batman movies about batman batman is a cardboard cut out...we never see the detective work, none of the intelligent and ingenious that is batman...nolans batman is a blunt object...meanwhile the villians are the ones who are more intellectual and always a step ahead of him...its just eh....i want to see a batman more like the comic books.

as for justice league movie...never going to happen...at least not with batman and superman...warners doesnt want to mix the franchises...despite the fact that marvel has proved it profitable.
    Doug, I have to say... you are right. The Avengers was the best **** superhero movie ever made.

As to the Justice League... is it that Warner's doesn't want to mix them, or that Christopher Nolan has the final say in Batman and Superman these days, and he's a colossal ass for thinking it wouldn't work? I think it's the latter. There was a JL movie in the works a few years back with Armie Hammer slated for Batman. I'm pretty sure they have execs there chomping at the bit to do JL and World's Finest.

I eagerly await the day when someone makes a Batman film that simultaneously embraces the comic book roots of the character(looks and all) and gives it the serious treatment that Nolan has done. I'd want a Batman that looked somewhat like this fan art manip:

Quote Originally Posted by Zenshiite View Post
    Doug, I have to say... you are right. The Avengers was the best **** superhero movie ever made.

As to the Justice League... is it that Warner's doesn't want to mix them, or that Christopher Nolan has the final say in Batman and Superman these days, and he's a colossal ass for thinking it wouldn't work? I think it's the latter. There was a JL movie in the works a few years back with Armie Hammer slated for Batman. I'm pretty sure they have execs there chomping at the bit to do JL and World's Finest.

I eagerly await the day when someone makes a Batman film that simultaneously embraces the comic book roots of the character(looks and all) and gives it the serious treatment that Nolan has done. I'd want a Batman that looked somewhat like this fan art manip:

chris nolan has no say over batman or superman... warner does...this is a problem that has been going on for years...well before nolan...you know how many jla scripts have been written...and the mandate from on high is this: "write jla, but leave out batman and superman." nolan did so well financially with batman that warners just added his name to superman to it to give it some credence.

"Puny god" lol best part of the movie.

Gonna take the kids and wife to see it this Friday, taking half a day off from work
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

you'll enjoy it. splurge and go imax!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas View Post
    you'll enjoy it. splurge and go imax!!
    For sure, my girls are 5 and 9, I assume it is good for those ages right?
    Psalms 144:1
    Praise be my Lord my Rock,
    He trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle !

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    For sure, my girls are 5 and 9, I assume it is good for those ages right?
    Totally. Clean movie. Some pretty funny stuff. 'Hulk....smash'

The Movie was AWESOME!!!! I might go see it again...lots of humor, great action and they should bronze Black Widow's Ass!!! Scarlet was was badass...Hawkeye was super impressive too.

I must say Thor's costume was horrible, you'd think the God of Thunder would have more fashion sense.

On the opposite end of the spectrum I also saw Choy Lee Fut aka Fight the Fight and it was HORRIBLE.
    Last edited by Hebrew Hammer; 05-07-2012 at 12:47 PM.
    "if its ok for shaolin wuseng to break his vow then its ok for me to sneak behind your house at 3 in the morning and bang your dog if buddha is in your heart then its ok"-Bawang

"I get what you have said in the past, but we are not intuitive fighters. As instinctive fighters, we can chuck spears and claw and bite. We are not instinctively god at punching or kicking."-Drake

"Princess? LMAO hammer you are such a pr^t"-Frost

Quote Originally Posted by sanjuro_ronin View Post
    lololol!!!
    "if its ok for shaolin wuseng to break his vow then its ok for me to sneak behind your house at 3 in the morning and bang your dog if buddha is in your heart then its ok"-Bawang

"I get what you have said in the past, but we are not intuitive fighters. As instinctive fighters, we can chuck spears and claw and bite. We are not instinctively god at punching or kicking."-Drake

"Princess? LMAO hammer you are such a pr^t"-Frost

ya i agree about thors costume, i liked the magical scale plates, but the 'breastplate' was kinda out there. I always wished thor had a more...Aesir look. something more traditional....although i must say im glad that he wasnt wearing that stupid helmet...

chris nolan has no say over batman or superman... warner does...this is a problem that has been going on for years...well before nolan...you know how many jla scripts have been written...and the mandate from on high is this: "write jla, but leave out batman and superman." nolan did so well financially with batman that warners just added his name to superman to it to give it some credence.
    I don't know. From what I've read it seems Nolan has a ton of clout right now vis-a-vis Batman and Superman.

And Justice League was almost realized before the writers' strike... and then it went into development hell. George Miller was directing.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenshiite View Post
    I don't know. From what I've read it seems Nolan has a ton of clout right now vis-a-vis Batman and Superman.

And Justice League was almost realized before the writers' strike... and then it went into development hell. George Miller was directing.
    whatever you are reading...stop reading it...its just fanboy bull..lol...as for jla...yes that was the jla movie that would have been without batman and super man...that film would have flopped royally...it would have done worse numbers then green lantern. warners just doesnt know how to make super hero movies...they cant grasp it. in the 90s all they wanted to do was make toys and make it for kids...so batman got more and more kiddish and silly...now those same kids they made em for in the 90s are all grown up...and they dont want to see that nonsense...not to mention...dc characters are too much like gods...they are great as comic book figures but totally unrelatable...with the exception of batman...but even batman is unrelatable because....he has rich people problems...spider man, has regular people problems... '

i was talking about daredevil the other day.... like batman he lost his father, he thought his mother was dead his whole life turns out she just left his ass to become a nun...his girlfriend was a world class assassin who died came back and then tried to kill him a few times....and marvel said...man thats not enough for this guy..sounds too unrealistic..yea...so what are we going to do? oh lets give one of his girlfriends AIDS. yea...dc would never touch a subject like that.